Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Sub Shipment Confirmation: Jay is on his way
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:40 am 
Aspires to be #1

Let me jump on the bandwagon to say how great Jay is and how small the packaging is. I couldn't believe it until I was holding it in my hands.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:58 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I got Jay on Saturday. Super impressed. I'm not even a big golden age or JSA fan, but I love the way the figure turned out.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:11 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Sadly, my Jays did not make the cut before the holiday weekend.

So I should be getting him tomorrow.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:51 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

So, let's add a bit more to this drama shall we?

Still haven't seen my "refund" post to my bank account yet.

Tried to track my package (which at least shows it has already shipped) and it was delivered to the Rochester, NY post office on 5/25 with an estimated delivery date of 6/1.

Yup, my package is still not in my hands yet and I still don't have resolution with DR.

So glad I signed up for this amateurish shenanigans .... :roll:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:58 am 
Aspires to be #1

My refund posted on the 23rd.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:25 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Oddly enough, my account was never overcharged. I got the weird invoice emails like every one else. I even got an email (twice) stating that they were refunding me $5 for Jay. But there was nothing to refund, as I only ever got charged exactly what I should have. Weird. :?

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:28 am 
5" Scale

TRDouble wrote:
My first Jay arrived today. Very nice figure! It's been a while since I got a new DCUC figure that I really cared about.

My sentiments exactly TRD and Alcinde. Never read them unless it was a crossover or something, but really like the pictures I've seen with the rest of the JSA. Now I just need to get a customizer to fix GA GL's facial expression and I'll be happy with my JSA line up. Same here, Al. While the e-mail notification was incorrect, the packing slip had the correct math. So while they might not have fixed the problem publicly, it does look like they fixed it internally.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:39 am 
We're going streaking!

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
So, let's add a bit more to this drama shall we?

Still haven't seen my "refund" post to my bank account yet.

Tried to track my package (which at least shows it has already shipped) and it was delivered to the Rochester, NY post office on 5/25 with an estimated delivery date of 6/1.

Yup, my package is still not in my hands yet and I still don't have resolution with DR.

So glad I signed up for this amateurish shenanigans .... :roll:

...and this is why I am hesitant to return my Mr. Stay Puft to Mattel. I don't trust that it will go smoothly and I'd rather have a yellowed Mr. Stay Puft for $70 than nothing at all for my $70.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:46 am 
declined to be a vampire

Well I'm getting rid of mine if any of you want it (posted it in swap meet too).

My cost (which was cost plus shipping) plus shipping to you. Lemme know.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:47 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

and I guess all's well that ends well.

I got my Jay figure last night and it is very nice. His left hip is a bit loose but not so much that he can't hold a pose so I can live with that.

Is Jay's hat removable? I don't remember if it was supposed to be or not, and mine is not coming off without damaging the figure. I don't really care to have it off, just not sure if it was an option.

Also, this morning, I finally got my refund processed so that is good as well.

The only thing I am concerned about is that my invoice included with the figure still shows my sub price as being $20 per figure so I fear I will get to go through all this fun again next month as well.
Oh joy :roll:

Hopefully the figures keep impressing me enough that I'll just grin and bear it (but I really shouldn't have to, should I?) or Matty will finally get off his ass and actually do something about all the CS issues and get everything straightened out so the consumers don't feel like they're being taken from behind every time they want to make a purchase.

But hey, we can't have it all right? :wink:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:15 am 
Ferret Farmer

Been a while since I've posted. But very happy to (finally) start this sub. Got Jay yesterday and he's great. Invoice shows the correct cost so I'm good.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:42 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Is Jay's hat removable? I don't remember if it was supposed to be or not, and mine is not coming off without damaging the figure. I don't really care to have it off, just not sure if it was an option.

No. Hat was never intended to be removable.

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
The only thing I am concerned about is that my invoice included with the figure still shows my sub price as being $20 per figure so I fear I will get to go through all this fun again next month as well.

Granted this is DR we are talking about, but next month should correct itself. When you signed up you were pre-authorized for Jay and paid for Metron. Until it was corrected, that initial $20 charge was specifically for the first figure next month should be charged at the proper rate for the second one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:17 am 
my tummy itches

Location: Kegworth, just around the corner from Gotham, England
For the rest of you in the UK, got mine yesterday.

He's very nice.

It's a little off track, but I found myself a little deflated when he arrived, mostly because I've already seen him so many times, both on ebay and in the figure previews that have been up on AFI and other places. Yeah, it's great to have him and he's a figure I've wanted to see for a couple of years, there's just so much over-exposure these days.

Yeah, I can decide not to look at the previews, but I do kind of miss the days when you didn't know exactly what a figure would be like until you got it.

Jo
Needs some excitement

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:29 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

you_will_forget wrote:
For the rest of you in the UK, got mine yesterday.

He's very nice.

It's a little off track, but I found myself a little deflated when he arrived, mostly because I've already seen him so many times, both on ebay and in the figure previews that have been up on AFI and other places. Yeah, it's great to have him and he's a figure I've wanted to see for a couple of years, there's just so much over-exposure these days.

Yeah, I can decide not to look at the previews, but I do kind of miss the days when you didn't know exactly what a figure would be like until you got it.

Jo
Needs some excitement

Jo,

I'm in the UK and got mine today. Funny you should mention being underwhelmed by him. My brother was round as I was opening him and he asked me why I didn't look too chuffed with the figure.

I don't know why I looked less than happy, it's a great figure, but I think it must be the same reasons you gave, I feel like I've seen it so much online already that actually having it in person is a bit of an anticlimax. I'm sure I won't feel that way when the Bat characters arrive, at least I hope not.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:09 pm 
shirtless hugger

I received my Jay yesterday, and I couldn't be more excited. The sculpt is perfect and the paint apps were flawless. And I can't believe how shiny the helmet is! Great figure all-around.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next