Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDCC exclusives revealed
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:57 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I hope we get some good HD close ups of the Dark Knight Rises exclusive. I'm questionable on the rubber Batman suit.

The box display is great, perfect for MOC collectors.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:55 pm 
active in the community

I was hoping they would be selling the unreleased Young justice figures, every thing else on the list is off no interest to me!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:02 pm 
ABS

About that SDCC Dark Knight Bruce-to-Batman figure... take a look. Is that a DCUC buck underneath? Or are they actually going with a smaller scale body under the armor? Either one is actually a win-win for me. We either get a larger-scale armor, or a smaller scale body. Thoughts?

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... .251498400

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:50 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Iron-Cow wrote:
About that SDCC Dark Knight Bruce-to-Batman figure... take a look. Is that a DCUC buck underneath? Or are they actually going with a smaller scale body under the armor? Either one is actually a win-win for me. We either get a larger-scale armor, or a smaller scale body. Thoughts?

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... .251498400

It sure looks like me to me.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:58 pm 
Cold-cast

After seeing the actual images of the figure, I am extremely disappointed in the Bruce to Batman Movie Masters. Looks like they put more energy into creating the box than the figure itself.

First off, just a plain black buck for Bruce? Not even any painted on detail? I don't get it. He looks unfinished. And the figure doesn't look any better with the rubber suit on. The figure looks like one of those "fake" Batmen from the Dark Knight with the hockey equipment. The hands are too small, the suit makes him look too chubby. Plus, we already had a chase Bruce head Batman figure from the last series so what was the point of this?

They should have ditched the fancy box and given us a Movie Masters Batmobile or the new Bat vehicle. Charge an extra $20 if you have to. The Bat Pod was excellent, why not follow up with another vehicle? Or even a nurse Joker? For god's sake it's Batman so you know it will sell. There are about 10 different things that would have been better than this.

The rest of the Movie Masters line up is excellent, so it is strange that this turned out so poorly. Oh well, more money saved!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:58 am 
shirtless hugger

batfink wrote:
After seeing the actual images of the figure, I am extremely disappointed in the Bruce to Batman Movie Masters. Looks like they put more energy into creating the box than the figure itself.

Mattel almost always puts too much money into the SDCC exclusive packaging. They seem to think that collectors care about the presentation more than the figure itself.

Granted, some do, but I would think that most don't give a flying fig.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:35 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Ham Salad wrote:
batfink wrote:

Mattel almost always puts too much money into the SDCC exclusive packaging. They seem to think that collectors care about the presentation more than the figure itself.

Granted, some do, but I would think that most don't give a flying fig.

Just to reiterate this point-- we dont care about the boxes-- put them in a plastic bag- and drop the price 15 dollars and we are just as happy-- Ive thrown every single "cool packaging" box away just like my regular figure-- I dont need a sound chip or lights or rumble packaging-- stop wasting tooling dollars on the pointless crap.. (Like the Stay Puft- the toy has issues but they are letting the collectors- keep the display box as a freebie (no toy replacement though)- because its so cool- :roll: - thanks Mattel.)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:42 am 
Cold-cast

For the 2013 exclusive, we'll probably just get a box lol.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:54 am 
Cold-cast

batfink wrote:

that is funny!!! I agree they spend way too much time and effort on the box. I'd never display this in package.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:55 am 
Collector Inspector

Sales 101

1. Make it
Create a product that people like and want to buy
2. Make it attractive
Package it in an appealing way that reinforces people's desire to buy it
3. Make it affordable
Make sure you're target audience is willing to spend what you're asking for
4. Make it available
Be sure this product is put in places your buyers can easily and readily get them
5. Make it worth while
Make sure the product lives up to the price tag and pretty package or it will get returned, badly reviewed and steps 1-4 will have been a waste.

Call me crazy.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:09 am 
Cold-cast

The really ironic part: I would have preferred a box over this figure. Specifically, a carry case or display case for the Movie Masters figures.

Make a case, similar to the Super Powers, JLU, or Batman cases with a nice graphic on the front with Nolan's characters, GL movie image and a Henry Cavill Superman pic. Include lockers for weapons and accessories. Maybe this would be too big to sell at SDCC, but since they love making boxes...

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:29 pm 
5th Horseman

batfink wrote:

We were thinking the Monster High exclusive might have been "Invisi Billy" which would have been JUST that... A Box! Thank God it wasnt'! LOL

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:00 pm 
shirtless hugger

It could still happen. Mattel set a precedent in 2010 with the empty carded bubble that was supposed to be Wonder Woman's invisible jet as a Hot Wheels collectible.

And then there's this tidbit in the Scarah Screams bio on the Matty website:

Quote:
Ghostly gossip on the street is that she may be bringing a date to the party.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:45 pm 
5th Horseman

GregNYC wrote:
It could still happen. Mattel set a precedent in 2010 with the empty carded bubble that was supposed to be Wonder Woman's invisible jet as a Hot Wheels collectible.

And then there's this tidbit in the Scarah Screams bio on the Matty website:

Quote:
Ghostly gossip on the street is that she may be bringing a date to the party.

We're thinking that refers to HooDood, the Voo Doo doll guy that Frankie creates as a date. He wears a heart shaped pin, that you can clearly see from the hole in the box. If anything we may actually get 2 characters in that box! That would be a great surprise!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:42 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Anyone else think that if we could get just two more costumes for Vykron, that we'd have the MOTUC version of the Village People? LOL :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next