Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Green Arrow TV Series Planned
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:04 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
I had somewhat medium hopes for this series... but Starling City? really? It's "Star City" CW people! Plus I still think Justin Hartley should have been the GA in this (IMO anyways, lol) Plus that image of the main characters is just not a very great PS job... sorry I was really hoping this show would be atleast somewhat appealing, but I will watch a few episodes before completely wanting to shut it down.... also, I miss Smallville. ;)
rant over, lol.

D.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:49 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

First Trailer for The CW's Arrow

by SuperHeroHype

May 18, 2012

Following yesterday's promo clip for The CW's "Arrow" coming in the fall, a full trailer has made its way online as well and can be watched below.

The series, which will air on Wednesdays at 8:00-9:00 p.m., stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Colin Donnell as Tommy, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:26 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Initial Response to Arrow Pilot

by SuperHeroHype

May 30, 2012

Even though the fall is still a few months away, buzz is already trying to gear up on the new CW DC hero project Arrow.

The first teaser was released a few weeks and now reports are coming in from various sources about the quality of the pilot itself.

The Detroit News was coy about details but did say: "can’t really comment on it since it’s a rough cut. I will say it had plenty of Easter eggs, and I’m looking forward to the full show."

Zap2it had this to say: "We've seen the pilot episode, and we L-O-V-E love it. We've got faith that even the 'Smallville' fans who are clamoring for more of Justin Hartley's Green Arrow will get on board with Stephen Amell's new version."

Star Stephen Amell also spoke to Zap2it about the differences between Arrow and the fan beloved Smallville, "Nobody in our universe has super powers, so that's a big jumping off point." When asked about the diffrences in "Smallville's" Justin Hartley's Oliver Queen and his own, "I think we find Oliver Queen more injured than we saw him before. Other than in name, there are virtually no similarities between [Hartley's version and the new version]. It's not to say that one's better than the other, it's just that they're so different, it's almost weird to compare them."

"Arrow" premieres this fall on The CW.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:15 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Nobody has superpowers? Well that sucks.

Of course, I'm not huge on GA's rogue's gallery, so that might not be a big loss.

No Canary cry for Dinah, though. :(

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:46 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New International Poster for Arrow

by SuperHeroHype

June 06, 2012

Check out an all new poster for the upcoming Green Arrow series Arrow courtesy of GreenArrowTV.com.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:57 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

A New Arrow Trailer Teases a DC Comics Villain

by SuperHeroHype

June 07, 2012

The CW has released an extended trailer for their upcoming "Arrow," based on DC Comics' "Green Arrow" and set to hit the network this fall. What's more, the video teases what looks to be an appearance by a surprise DC villain who originated in "Teen Titans." Check it out in the player below!

The series, which will air on Wednesdays at 8:00-9:00 p.m., stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Colin Donnell as Tommy, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:05 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Want to See the Arrow Pilot Early?

by SuperHeroHype

June 07, 2012

If you've got an interest in seeing the pilot for the upcoming CW show "Arrow," and you happen to have San Diego Comic-Con tickets, you're in luck.

Warner Bros Television Group is offering a screening and discussion of the pilot on Wednesday July 11th (Previews Night) and on Friday July 13th in Ballroom 20 with star Stephen Amell and the producers.

From Greg Berlanti (Green Lantern), Marc Guggenheim (Green Lantern), Andrew Kreisberg (Warehouse 13, Fringe) and David Nutter (Smallville, Supernatural, Game of Thrones), this hard-hitting action series reinvents the DC hero. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen returns home with a mysterious agenda and very lethal new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime. Wednesdays this fall at 8/7c on CW.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:42 pm 
ABS

Deathstroke!!!

That would be cool.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:55 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Katie Cassidy Talks About Her Role in Arrow

by SuperHeroHype

June 13, 2012

Katie Cassidy will be playing Dinah 'Laurel' Lance in the upcoming CW adaptation of Green Arrow, simply titled Arrow. In an interview with Collider, she had a few things to offer about her role in the series.

When she was asked if it was intimidating to take on such an iconic character she said, "No. Well, I shouldn’t say no. It’s a little intimidating, yeah, but when you’re so in it, you have to let that stuff go. You can’t think about it ‘cause then it just gets in your way. I try mainly to just focus on character and what my character’s point of view is, with each person, and try to figure out story. I’m just there to do my job. I’m really excited about it! I think it’s going to be really, really fun. I’m working with a great group of people, and everyone is amazing and really talented. I’m really lucky to have given the opportunity to do that. Hopefully, we do it justice and everyone is happy."

Cassidy was also asked about premiering the show at San Diego Comic-Con: "Yeah, that will be awesome! I feel like I’m still not in the headspace for that yet, but it’s the perfect place."

The series also stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Colin Donnell as Tommy, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance. Arrow premieres this fall on Wednesdays at 8.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:04 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Arrow Gets a Premiere Date

by SuperHeroHype

June 28, 2012

The CW series about Oliver Queen and company now has a premiere date. According to EW, the show will start on Wednesday, October 10th at 8:00 PM ET/PT.

From Greg Berlanti (Green Lantern), Marc Guggenheim (Green Lantern), Andrew Kreisberg (Warehouse 13, Fringe) and David Nutter (Smallville, Supernatural, Game of Thrones), the hard-hitting action series reinvents the DC hero. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen returns home with a mysterious agenda and very lethal new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime.

The series, which will air on Wednesdays in the same time slot, stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Colin Donnell as Tommy, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:22 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Behind the Scenes of Arrow

by SuperHeroHype

July 11, 2012

Check out these behind-the-scenes stills for the upcoming CW show Arrow, courtesy of THR.

From Greg Berlanti (Green Lantern), Marc Guggenheim (Green Lantern), Andrew Kreisberg (Warehouse 13, Fringe) and David Nutter (Smallville, Supernatural, Game of Thrones), the hard-hitting action series reinvents the DC hero. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen returns home with a mysterious agenda and very lethal new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime.

The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Colin Donnell as Tommy, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:33 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Comic-Con: All New Promo Photos for Arrow

by SuperHeroHype

July 12, 2012

With the rather successful screening of the Arrow pilot from Preview Night at Comic-Con and another screening (with a Q&A) planned for tomorrow afternoon, the CW has released some more promo images for their upcoming DC adaptation (seen here courtesy of GreenArrowTV.com).

From Greg Berlanti (Green Lantern), Marc Guggenheim (Green Lantern), Andrew Kreisberg (Warehouse 13, Fringe) and David Nutter (Smallville, Supernatural, Game of Thrones), the hard-hitting action series reinvents the DC hero. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen returns home with a mysterious agenda and very lethal new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime. The series premieres Wednesday, October 10th at 8 PMET/PT

The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Colin Donnell as Tommy, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

Image Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: The CW's Arrow
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:45 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Comic-Con: Watch a Clip & TV Spot for Arrow

by SuperHeroHype

July 12, 2012

Looks like Arrow is gaining more momentum than we expected. Earlier we showed you these new photos and yesterday some behind the scenes pics and now we've got a look at a clip from the pilot along with a TV spot. Watch Stephen Amell take a beating in the clip and sporting Queen's token beard in the TV spot.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:34 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Comic-Con: China White to Appear in Arrow

by SuperHeroHype

July 13, 2012

A screening and Q&A of the new CW show Arrow happened earlier today at the San Diego Comic-Con and a special announcement was made that Emerald Archer fans will be glad to hear. Executive producers Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg and David Nutter revealed that Kelly Hu will be playing China White in an episode of the upcoming series.

The character debuted in Andy Diggle and Jock's Green Arrow: Year One and is described for the show as "a South Pacific drug cartel leader who Oliver Queen encounters during his five years marooned on a remote island."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:50 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Oliver Queen Wears His Mask in New Arrow Promo

by SuperHeroHype

July 25, 2012

You don't have to be Batman to have noticed that up until this point, we haven't seen Oliver Queen in his signature mask in any of the Arrow promo material. This is a little worrisome for us fans, but now we've got a little taste of it and the mask is present.... sort of.

THR posted an article about The CW's new branding campaign for their network and it happens to feature the following image of Oliver Queen from the upcoming Arrow.

Going from no mask to painted on mask? Works for me, at least it's there. You can see the rest of the promo below and though most of it is geared towards "The Vampire Diaries," there are some clips from Arrow.

The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Colin Donnell as Tommy, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance. The series premieres Wednesday, October 10th at 8 PMET/PT

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next