Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thor 2
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:38 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New Dates for Thor 2 and The Lone Ranger

by SuperHeroHype

May 31, 2012

Walt Disney Pictures has announced some rescheduling for two of its major 2013 releases. The Lone Ranger will now arrive in theaters on July 3rd instead of May 31st and Thor 2 will hit theaters a week earlier, premiering November 8th instead of November 15th.

The Lone Ranger's new date has it opening opposite Universal Pictures' Despicable Me 2 and the just-announced 3D re-release of 20th Century Fox's Independence Day.

Thor 2's new date puts it up against the One Direction Concert Movie 3D and the move provides a full two-week window before the opening of what will likely be a box office juggernaut in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:07 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Thor 2 to Recast Fandral

by SuperHeroHype

June 08, 2012

As Thor 2 gears up for production, the search is now to replace Joshua Dallas, who played Fandral, one of the Warriors Three, in the 2011 original. EW reports that, due to the actor's commitments to ABC's "Once Upon a Time", the role will be recast.

The film is set to mark the third big screen appearance of Chris Hemsworth's Thor and Tom Hiddleston's Loki. Natalie Portman, Jaimie Alexander and Idris Elba have been confirmed to be returning for the Alan Taylor-directed sequel as well, though even more of the first film's cast likely to be back as well.

Oddly enough, Dallas was not originally cast as Fandral in the first film and was a last-minute replacement for Stuart Townsend, who departed over creative differences in January of 2010.

Featuring a screenplay by Robert Rodat and Don Payne, Thor 2 is scheduled to be released on November 15, 2013.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:45 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Will Kat Dennings Return for Thor 2?

by SuperHeroHype

June 20, 2012

With her now successful TV show "2 Broke Girls," one would think Kat Dennings might not have time for features for a while, but based on this interview she did with GoldDerby on Blip it turns out she might be in for another go with the God of Thunder.

When asked if she would be returning for Thor 2 or any other Marvel film, she had this to offer: I do know the answer to that, however I do not have the clearance to talk... interpret that as you will. I've asked when I can say things, but apparently I can't yet, so that will come soon.

That sounds like a 'Yes' to us.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:57 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Stellan Skarsgard Confirms Return for Thor 2

by SuperHeroHype

June 28, 2012

It seems like every other week we're reporting on who will or won't be back for a Marvel sequel. Now it looks like actor Stellan Skarsgard will be returning as Dr. Erik Selvig for Thor 2. He confirmed this in an interview with Hey U Guys.

When asked what he had coming up and whether it involved Thor 2, Skarsgard offered this: "I will try to combine Thor 2 which starts in August and goes to the end of December with the new Lars Von Trier film."

Thor 2 reunites Chris Hemsworth with Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Anthony Hopkins as Odin, and Natalie Portman as the love interest Jane Foster. Alan Taylor ("Game of Thrones") is stepping behind the camera for its November 15, 2013 release date.

You can watch the interview below.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:44 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Mads Mikkelsen Not Thor 2's Villain After All

by SuperHeroHype

July 12, 2012

Around the end of November we head rumblings that Mads Mikkelsen would be playing the 'big bad' in Thor 2. Unfortunately those plans fell through, as he tells Zoomin Movies below (via The Playlist).

The actor was cast not long after these rumors as Hannibal Lecter in NBC's new "Hannibal" television series and it turns out those commitments will prevent him from starring in the film. With the Marvel Studios sequel starting filming in August, expect a replacement announcement to come within the next few months.

Thor 2 reunites Chris Hemsworth with Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Anthony Hopkins as Odin, and Natalie Portman as the love interest Jane Foster. Alan Taylor ("Game of Thrones") is stepping behind the camera for its November 15, 2013 release date.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:46 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Sad to hear that news. I think he's a fantastically talented actor, and he would have made a great villain.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:16 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Comic-Con: Thor and Captain America Sequels Get Titles

by SuperHeroHype

July 14, 2012

The Marvel Studios panel just started and they kicked things off with a bang by announcing the full titles for the upcoming Thor and Captain America sequels as well as showing concept art for Guardians of the Galaxy and announcing the team for the planned Marvel Studios movie, as well as showing Edgar Wright's test footage for Ant-Man.

The Thor sequel will be called Thor: The Dark World.

The Captain America sequel will be called Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

After showing some concept art, they announced the team that will appear in Guardians of the Galaxy: Star-Lord, Drax the Destroyer, Groot, Rocket Racoon and Gamorra. (Essentially the same line-up as the group that will appear in Marvel Comics' Avengers Assemble.)

And then Edgar Wright came on stage to show the test footage that he filmed for the long-awaited Ant-Man movie, although there's no casting as of yet. Marvel Studios must have liked what they saw to show it in such a big way.

You can keep up with the Marvel Studios panel and hear what they have to say and show from Iron Man 3 live right here. One of the reveals in the footage shown was that Ben Kingsley is indeed playing The Mandarin.

Post subject: Re: Thor: The Dark World
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:59 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Have the Thor 2 Villains Been Revealed?

by SuperHeroHype

July 19, 2012

Announced at this year's Comic-Con, "Thor 2" has dropped the number in favor of a subtitle. The film slated for release on November 8, 2013, is now titled Thor: The Dark World. Now this title might give keen, knowledgeable readers a hint at what it might allude to, but for the rest of you it seems the cat is out of the bag. In an interview with I Review Too, stuntman James Grogan let this little bit slip out:

"The other day for example, this is quite random but I was working on Thor 2,” he explains, “I had a load of stunt guys in and the director came in and he said ‘Look, we want you all to be elves,’ and I was like ‘What the hell is an elf anyway?’ and he said ‘I want you all to walk around like these supernatural animals,’ honestly it was the most ridiculous thing ever but you just have to not be self aware and get on with it.”

Yup, sounds like the Dark Elves to us. You can read up about them some here.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:18 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Malekith and Kurse, probably.

Not my first choice (Absorbing Man or Ulik would rate higher).

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:48 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I was really hoping to see Amora. I'm sure that's still a possibility if it is in fact Malekith and Kurse. But probably a remote one.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:07 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Thor 2 is Going Underground

by SuperHeroHype

July 25, 2012

Bleeding Cool has gotten wind about a shooting location for the upcoming Thor sequel. Thor: The Dark World is going in front of cameras very soon in London and in addition to the many sound stages they're taking up, they'll also be shooting on location in many London tunnels. They state:

"Some long tunnels in London will be used for the filming of scenes that, as yet, we haven’t been able to confirm as taking place on Earth, on Asgard or elsewhere."

With a subtitle like "The Dark World," you can make a good bet that there won't be a whole lot of light in some places. You can head over here for our speculation about who the villains are for Thor: The Dark World.

Thor: The Dark World reunites Chris Hemsworth with Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Anthony Hopkins as Odin, and Natalie Portman as the love interest Jane Foster. Alan Taylor ("Game of Thrones") is stepping behind the camera for its November 8, 2013 release date.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:43 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Thor Sequel Filming Location, Scene Details Revealed

by SuperHeroHype

July 27, 2012

Marvel's upcoming sequel Thor: The Dark World is set to start filming soon in England and the production office of 'another film' titled 'Thursday Mourning' put out a letter to the residents of the Bourne Wood area to let them know that they will be filming nearby in August and September. Though they don't actually say they're filming Thor, it's not hard to figure it out.

Portions of the letter read:

We are writing to let you know about some filming about to be undertaken in Bourne Wood in the coming months. Please find a brief overview and introduction to this project.

"Thursday Mourning" is the working title of a major feature film. It is comic book adaptation set in another "fictional realm".

We will be establishing a fictional village set in another realm, with yurts and village like dressing in the bowl. The sequence involves a battle between two kingdoms, ending in our comic book hero arriving to save the day. The sequence will involve a substantial amount of Stunts and controlled special effects all within the hours 0700 - 1900hrs.

We plan to use most of the areas that are usually occupied by film units for all our support vehicles. The sequence will involve approximately 300 extras who will arrive in the early hours prior to call time to go through costume and makeup.

Sounds like a pretty epic battle scene in the making. Many movies have filmed in the Bourne Wood area. You can check out a list of the films by clicking here.

Thanks to 'Steve' for the heads up! Thor: The Dark World is set to hit theaters on November 8, 2013.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:18 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Rene Russo Wants to Read More Comics Before Thor 2

by SuperHeroHype

July 31, 2012

Variety caught up with actress Rene Russo to talk about her role in Thor and the upcoming Thor: The Dark World and the subject quickly went to her reading up on the character a little more before the second film gets going. Here's a clip:

I think they're going to need a good mom in the next film. Loki needs his mom. What the hell? I have a lot of compassion for him. But we might have to have a conversation about what he just did, Russo laughed. And I might have to have a chat with Thor. But I am so confused - is Thor my son or not? People have been telling me recently, 'No, you're not his mother.' It's all so confusing! I got to tell ya, it would be a little embarrassing if I don't know. I need to read more about her.

That's definitely a family dynamic that should be explored in the sequel.

Thor: The Dark World reunites Chris Hemsworth with Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Anthony Hopkins as Odin, and Natalie Portman as the love interest Jane Foster. Alan Taylor ("Game of Thrones") is stepping behind the camera for its November 8, 2013 release date.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:31 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Christopher Eccleston Wins Villain Role in Thor: The Dark World

by SuperHeroHype

August 01, 2012

Thor: The Dark World has secured it's villain! Deadline reports that Christopher Eccleston, best known for playing the ninth Doctor on "Doctor Who", will star as Malekith the Accursed in the November 8, 2013 release.

First appearing in 1984's "The Might Thor" #344, Malekith is the ruler of the Dark Elves (previously rumored to make an appearance in the film) who reside in Svartalfheim, one of Asgard's Nine Realms.

Eccleston is also known for big screen appearances in films like Shallow Grave and G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra. He joins Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Jaimie Alexander, Idris Elba, Zachary Levi and Stellan Skarsgard in the Marvel Studios sequel.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:29 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Thor throws down with the 9th Doctor! Cool!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next