Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: The LOST JLU prototypes
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:39 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

red Ricky wrote:
DisneyBoy wrote:
And for those who think it gets in the way of the style of the figures...be honest and look at these. None of them look bad at all!

Are you sure?
'Cause it wouldn't hurt for my Superman to start doing more squats at the Gym.

Absolutely agree. JLU is great the way it was. The thing I don't get is alot of people wanting all this articulation, then they stand them on a shelf of a plastic stand. What's the point then? If you want articulated lines, there's plenty of them, but I agree, that Supes looks terrible (and I didn't even know they made them articulated, I started collecting them with the orange packs/start of the purple packs.

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:33 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I don't just stand them up in stands. I like to make Flash run...and Wonder Woman...um...extend her hand in friendship? Cause that's about all she can do :(

Last edited by DisneyBoy on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:04 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
If Mattel really wanted to be awesome... they could hire someone who could make JLU figures have more articulation while retaining their cool clean style. But again... only if Mattel really wanted to be cool, j/k ;)

D.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:10 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Dusty wrote:
If Mattel really wanted to be awesome... they could hire someone who could make JLU figures have more articulation while retaining their cool clean style. But again... only if Mattel really wanted to be cool, j/k ;)

D.

If JLU figures were like those Star Wars animated Clone Wars figures.. 3 3/4 articulated and yet with that Bruce Timm style of appearance... I may have actually collected them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:02 am 
5th Horseman

Red Ricky deserves a post of the year nomination for that Darkseid/Lex New Gods Source Wall stuff! I love the use of artwork to see the different interpretations of it, and any time I read about New Gods lore it's like the most complex and interesting history lesson ever.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:22 pm 
Brand Manager

Thanks, Dan. And I, too love the history and complexity behind Kirby's original Fourth World. Which is why every now and then, I try to remind people that the Original god of Despair is more than a mere "space conqueror."

He is also a High-School Principal!!!