Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: THUNDERCATS
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:50 pm 
PVC

If your interested i have a pair of Astral Moat Monster wings for sale on my site, checkout the link in my signature.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:38 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

I actually scored this figure through a trade on your site!

Wings are a bit too expensive for me though... Do you do trades?

http://scar1321.blujay.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:43 pm 
PVC

Yeah I do, would have to be for something pretty special though, as the wings are the http part of the figure. Do you have a trade list?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:39 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

I think someday I'm going to just collect the Berserkers. They look cool and they aren't that expensive, look like they'd make a neat little sub-line.

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:16 pm 
shirtless hugger

Okay...strange request...Frodo could you kindly take a pic of your Mumm-Ra, Cheetara and the Blind Red Thundercat dude with He-Man and She-Ra from the vintage lines? I don't know if you have them, but I'd love to see the scale comparison between them all :)

Thanks and amazing collection you've got going there! I never collected this line back in the day, but I'm really impressed by how on-model the green frog-like Mutate guy is!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:09 am 

Here you go, DB...

The Thundercats scale I think is 6-7". Kinda too big to mesh well with the vintage MOTU line.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:56 am 
shirtless hugger

Wow - that was fast! Thanks :)

I was thinking Cheetara might make for a nice custom villager or member of the Great Rebellion, even though she's a bit more "animated" in appearance than the POP She-Ra dolls. She looks about the same height though, so maybe it would work...

What's the old guy's name? He looks like a good base for a custom too...

Mumm-Ra is huuuge! Did he ever come with a cape in the vintage line? I never see pics of the toy with a cape...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:21 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

DisneyBoy wrote:
Wow - that was fast! Thanks :)

I was thinking Cheetara might make for a nice custom villager or member of the Great Rebellion, even though she's a bit more "animated" in appearance than the POP She-Ra dolls. She looks about the same height though, so maybe it would work...

Mumm-Ra is huuuge! Did he ever come with a cape in the vintage line? I never see pics of the toy with a cape...

The old dude is Lynx-o, and Mumm-Ra never had a cape. I sold my vintage Thundercats on here years ago to raise money for a trip. I was hoping that the new line would be good and I could replace them with modern toy design versions of the classic figures. But seeing as they only did Lion-o and Tygra, I doubt I'll be getting them. (I know they are meant to be starting from scratch and going a bit smaller in scale, but I want to know that they'll do the whole team before I buy any.)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:58 pm 

[quote="DisneyBoy"]Wow - that was fast! Thanks :)

quote]

No prob!

I don't know if Cheetara would make a good POP custom... She's a little big. I'll take a She-Ra Cheetara side-by-side pic later.

Lynx-o might be a tough one to get for a custom. he's one of the more expensive ones to get. I paid 60 for mine, and I think I got a killer deal. Maybe if you found a really beat up one you might be able to get him cheap.

He's super cool... Him and Bengali are my 2 favorire figs in the line!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:58 pm 
shirtless hugger

I hope the trip was a good one, Elvis :) While I've never looked at my toys as investments, it is good to know that should I ever need to part with them, there's an online community of people here who might be interested. So much more personal than Ebay...

I'm sorry you hedged your bets on a better collection that might not come about. Even though I don't collect the lines, I thought it was rather scummy of Bandai to start in one scale and then change their minds. Then again, at least they didn't get further into it than just two characters, right?

Scar, my sincere thanks for the pictures! Lynx-O definitely has the makings of an awesome POP custom. That line never did have enough males in it, and his costume details are ideally generic. Figures he'd have to be a rare one!

Do you know why the other guy is named Bengali? It's a cool name, and I think there's a "Bengali Strip" somewhere...but otherwise, I have no clue...

If you'd take a shot of them with Bow (if you have one) that would rock!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:40 pm 

I think Bengali is supposed to be a Bengal. A blue Bengal, I guess!

Anyway here's the pic you requested!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:48 am 
shirtless hugger

Ahhh...I totally see what you mean now. They are rather noticeably bigger than the POP folk. Maybe Lynx-O could be used as a base for a villain...but not a villager. Can't have background characters that are taller than She-Ra and Bow now can we?

And now you've taught me what a Bengal is :lol: Many thanks!

AWWWWWWWW!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6