Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Batman 1966 TV Show Toys?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:33 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Rights are resolved, the toys can't be too far behind… what figures do you want to see?

Quote:
"For the first time in over 40 years we will be able to offer fans a full merchandise program that captures the classic, kitschy look and feel of the original 'Batman' TV show," said Brad Globe, president of Warner Bros. Consumer Products. "This new licensing program allows our partners to take advantage of the characters, gadgets and humor that made the show a smash hit in its day and a perennial favorite decades later."

http://bit.ly/MJkvNE

Post subject: Re: Batman 66 Toys
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:39 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

King Tut and Egghead! I'd go out and buy that goofy smiling Batman Legacy Batman if I could get the likes of them and Bookworm!

Of course I would build the main villains in their likenesses of Cesar Romero, Frank Gorshin, Burgess Meredith and of course ALL the Catwomen!

Maybe we'd finally see another Alfred... Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson... Aunt Harriet...

oh Hell I'd collect the whole line if there was one!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:37 am 
Damage Control

No mention of DVDs. I wonder if that thorny issue has been worked out yet.

C.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:25 am 
MINT!

Nice! I'd love a figure set. Not to mention a Blu-Ray collection.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:06 am 
shirtless hugger

If Mattel did 'Movie Masters'-style '60s Batman figures, I would buy every single one. Even Ma Parker, Lord Marmaduke Fogg, and Marcia Queen of Diamonds.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:57 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Even though I NEVER buy movie toys (Star Wars doesn't count, they are so much more than "movie toys"), I would gladly buy a line based on the '66 Batman series.

Probably not a completist, but I would be in for more than half to be sure.

And I MUST HAVE the DVDs... soon please....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:16 am 

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Even though I NEVER buy movie toys (Star Wars doesn't count, they are so much more than "movie toys")

That's an interesting discussion waiting to happen. I never looked at Star Wars as movie toys either... but why don't we see them as such? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:32 am 
Brand Manager

Louie the Lilac never gets any love.

Either way, I just want a cool '66 Batmobile.

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae18 ... on/005.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:04 am 
shirtless hugger

Casimir wrote:
No mention of DVDs. I wonder if that thorny issue has been worked out yet.

C.

True, but at least it is a step in the right direction.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:08 am 

Correct me if I'm wrong but have there been over seas DVDs? Much like how most of Marvel's cartoons are on DVD in the UK but not here? I'm only asking this because I hang on a lot of torrent sites and I've seen a major Batman and Robin torrent that claims to be DVD rips and even reported to be DVD quality. So I was curious if some country has seen a DVD release of the series?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:45 am 
Collector Inspector

PLEASE makea Batmobile in scale for these figures! The 60's TV Batmobile is the bomb!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:06 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

red Ricky wrote:
Louie the Lilac never gets any love.

I would have bought him if they had made a Batman:Brave and the Bold figure of him-- (and even more so if he had made it as an action league)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:42 am 
Variant Head

PLEASE Mattel! Make a huge line of 60's Batman figures + an in scale batmobile.

PLEASE!!!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:00 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

IF they produced a figure line based on the 1966 series, and I liked the quality, I would buy the entire line. I love that show so much. Adam West's Batman, Christopher Reeve's Superman, and The Superfriends turned me into the maniac I am today.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:55 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main ... ion-series
Quote:
BURBANK, Calif., June 7, 2012 – Holy Licensing Program, Batman! Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) unveiled today, in advance of Licensing Show 2012, a new licensing program inspired by the classic 1960′s television series, Batman. The program will feature captured photography from the live-action series, as well as the illustrated character art inspired by the series’ animated opening sequence, and will incorporate the vehicles, gadgets and catchphrases that have made the show a cultural phenomenon.

“The Batman Classic TV Series celebrates an incarnation of Batman that for many fans was their first introduction to ‘The Caped Crusader’ and his many friends and foes,”said Brad Globe, president, Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “This new licensing program captures the playful and stylish spirit of the iconic Batman while bringing a fresh look that will appeal to the Batman enthusiasts and nostalgic fan base, as well as to a new generation of fans.”

As part of the new licensing and merchandising program, licensees will have the chance to bring to life some of the most recognizable elements of Batman, including the “Dynamic Duo” of Batman and Robin and an arsenal of archenemies such as The Penguin, The Joker and The Riddler. Batman’s famous high-tech gadgetry will be featured in the program such as the Bat-phone, the Bat-zooka and the Bat-signal, along with other ultramodern tools – and don’t forget the famous Batmobile.

WBCP now has the rights to license the likenesses of the actors from Batman as part of the Batman Classic TV Series licensing program. Throughout the duration of the 120-episode run of Batman, the venerable actors of the series include Adam West as Batman, Burt Ward as Robin, Cesar Romero as The Joker, Burgess Meredith as The Penguin, Vincent Price as Egghead and Eartha Kitt as Catwoman, among many others.

“This is an incredible moment in the history of Batman, as the incredible roster of talent and famous characters, including the Rogues Gallery of infamous villains, and the unforgettable creative elements from the series, have never before been brought to life through such a licensing program,” added Globe.

With only the Batmobile from the classic television series currently licensed by WBCP, this is the first time in decades that the show’s beloved characters and unforgettable themes are back on the streets and will give fans the chance to capture their favorite moments. The Batusi is back!

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews