Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: JLU 7/16/12 the FIRST of the 6 LAST 3-packs.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:08 am 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

In about a little over a month from now, MATTY should be getting the first of the 6 last 3-packs.
I can't wait. I wonder which order will they be released in?
What is being done about increasing sales?

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

Last edited by An-Gel Sakura on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: JLU 7/15/12 the FIRST of the 6 LAST 3-packs.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:16 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

While we want these figures to sell BIG...

Do we REALLY want these figures to generate increased traffic?

I have to imagine that these packs are produced at absolute minimums and there will be little to no room for "new" customers to step in and pick these up.

I'm being really selfish and greedy here, but I WANT THESE FIGURES! I want them to be easy to acquire for those of us that have been here for the long haul and want these figures as the endcap of our collections.

I don't want "newbies" stepping up and clogging the aisles and making these figures hard to get.

I don't want another long time collector who has been on the boards clamoring and fighting and petitioning and BEGGING for these figures to miss out because of increased traffic flow.

Sorry, I want Matty to be successful. I want there to be more traffic to the site and I want the products they put out to be successful so there will be a constant stream of more for many years to come.

But not for these Final 6 3packs.

Sorry, I'm selfish. But at least I am honest.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:18 am 
Aspires to be #1

They don't care about increasing sales, this is the end.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:45 am 
PVC

why can't Matty create a mini subscription program, so that we can per-order all of them now instead?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:49 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I'd like for them to tell us who is going to be arriving first :) Right now, I'm not excited because we don't know who is in that first pack. They'll probably only announce it at SDCC!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:50 am 
shirtless hugger

I think I read somewhere that the Mongul pack would be first, followed by the Static pack. I think I saw that on the Matty boards.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:56 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Disney, they confirmed in one of the Ask Matty interviews that Mongul would be available in July with Static/Micron/Aquagirl to follow in August.

Talosman, they're not going to anything that costs them so much as one cent for this line at this point. It's done, they're doing the final releases basically so we'll leave them alone. Even if it was just programming one page (which it's not) they won't do it.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:22 am 
Mint on Card

I agree this is the end for me. I just want to be able to go on Matty click order each month and be done with it so I can enjoy my final figs.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:27 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
While we want these figures to sell BIG...

Do we REALLY want these figures to generate increased traffic?

I have to imagine that these packs are produced at absolute minimums and there will be little to no room for "new" customers to step in and pick these up.

I'm being really selfish and greedy here, but I WANT THESE FIGURES! I want them to be easy to acquire for those of us that have been here for the long haul and want these figures as the endcap of our collections.

I don't want "newbies" stepping up and clogging the aisles and making these figures hard to get.

I don't want another long time collector who has been on the boards clamoring and fighting and petitioning and BEGGING for these figures to miss out because of increased traffic flow.

Sorry, I want Matty to be successful. I want there to be more traffic to the site and I want the products they put out to be successful so there will be a constant stream of more for many years to come.

But not for these Final 6 3packs.

Sorry, I'm selfish. But at least I am honest.

Agreed. I don't personally care if Mattel makes a dime off these if it means I won't be able to get them. We've waited so long for them.

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:31 pm 
Fugitive Dust

The most recent Mattycollector video had the package of Vandal Savage three pack so maybe he is in September?

I'm really excited for the upcoming months, since they will have figures that just make the collection we have even more better. Hopefully the new line will be some sort of continuation if not I can't/won't say my collection doesn't look good with the figures we have.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:03 am 
shirtless hugger

I would not worry about these selling out or not being able to get them. I don't care how much they are reducing the production, there will be left over product that you will be able to buy next X-mas at half off, if not sooner.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:51 am 
Aspires to be #1

bat313 wrote:
I would not worry about these selling out or not being able to get them. I don't care how much they are reducing the production, there will be left over product that you will be able to buy next X-mas at half off, if not sooner.

That attitude is why these are the last packs. Sorry, but I hope anyone who does this misses out completely.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:57 am 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

j1h15233 wrote:
bat313 wrote:

That attitude is why these are the last packs. Sorry, but I hope anyone who does this misses out completely.

:wink:

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:52 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

j1h15233 wrote:
bat313 wrote:

Agreed. I may not want the site to crash on the day the figures are released but I also won't have any sympathy for those who decide to wait for a clearance sale only to find out they've completely sold out. No sympathy whatsoever.

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:32 pm 
5th Horseman

I'm probably going to wait till the final pack is released in the hopes of getting all of them at once and saving on shipping. I think Mattel has a set quantity in mind for all of these that won't be changing no matter how the sales go. If they do sell out, I'll just be forced to get them on the secondary market. The chance of paying higher prices makes me a little nervous, but I really hate paying that $8 or more shipping fee to Matty.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next