Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49
 Post subject: Re: Green Lantern Movie 4" Figures Discussion
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:53 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I went to my Burke's Outlet the other day.
They had a ton of Green Lantern 4in stuff.
Many of what were supposed to be the walmart exclusive guardian packs.
Also had a test pilot Hal Jordan.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:15 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

I have one of those. I will have to check it out.

CCC.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:10 pm 
Cold-cast

looks like 4-6 are showing up in Canada but the asking price is ridiculous. Wonder if they will see release stateside. In the past i have heard of Canadian release first then within a couple of months it makes it way stateside. Hope it does and in good quantity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:22 pm 
Displays Backwards

Zim wrote:
looks like 4-6 are showing up in Canada but the asking price is ridiculous. Wonder if they will see release stateside. In the past i have heard of Canadian release first then within a couple of months it makes it way stateside. Hope it does and in good quantity

I hate when Canada gets stuff because it seems like it's filled with dudes looking to scalp for big bucks to the US. Maybe they feel the same way about us? It's not like they just want a few extra bucks - they want a ton of extra bucks. Blame Canada, indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:32 pm 
Cold-cast

BCYa wrote:
Zim wrote:

I hate when Canada gets stuff because it seems like it's filled with dudes looking to scalp for big bucks to the US. Maybe they feel the same way about us? It's not like they just want a few extra bucks - they want a ton of extra bucks. Blame Canada, indeed.

Toys are really expensive up there. I have visited Canada a few times to visit in-laws over the holidays and gone hunting and have been jaw dropping shocked at the prices and also the lack of places to buy them. Even walmart and tru in canada is seriously over priced compared to US but yes i agree with your assessment. The prices were set with the exchange rate in mind but even when we reached a 1:1 exchange rate (and the canadian dollar keeps beating the US dollar) the prices stayed the same and were in the upper end. For example say if MU was 6.99 here there it was like 9.99-12.99. I remember seeing those mu tru 3 packs from a while back at TRU in canada for 34.99/39.99 and the same here for 24.99/27.99. Their sale taxes are also insane 14%+

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:09 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

What scares me is like when Dick Tracy bombed and all of the No-Face figures went to Canada because nobody here ordered wave 2.

CCC.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:45 pm 
PVC

For anyone that wants, I can get some of these 4-6 Guardian sets, though they are a bit pricey at 19.99 each. Would do it for cost plus actual shipping for anyone that wants. Lmk by PM or email.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:58 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Had never heard of Burke's Outlet before it was mentioned here but I checked and there was one on the toy route I was taking today so I made it a point to stop. Yep, they had Guardian sets for $2.99... Numbers 1, 2 and 3... :(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:18 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I'm not a GL fan, but I keep seeing these super cheap and am tempted to pick some up.
I even saw the 6in figures super cheap at Marshalls earlier. $3.99.
Saw more 6in at Ross.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:45 am 
Brand Manager

Seems like these days Mattel and Hasbro end up selling alot of the canceled stuff to Canada or overseas. I think that the Young Justice Ivasion 6 inch figures will end up in Canada......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49