Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Young Justice 4 and 6 inch lines CANCELLED!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:58 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I'm honestly not all that high on Darkseid's head. I'm more interested in his body hahahaha...

It's so much more smooth than the clunky one we eventually got. I think it's better than the redone Destroyer version for that matter.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:25 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
DisneyBoy wrote:
Ahhh, yes!  Those are the pictures I remember!  Thanks for digging them up D.  For my money, the only real loss here is that awesome Luthor head sculpt.  I think it's FAR superior to the two we ultimately got from Mattel.

If only the winner would share the figure with Stew so a head casting could be made.  That would rule, BIG time.

I really don't see why y'all are so into Darkseid's head though.  It doesn't have the look that the character had in S:TAS, though a quick Google search reveals that you loved it way back when as much as you do now Dusty ;)

Wait a google search of my post(s) from that time, 2003?... If so awesome! ;)
Anyways, I do like that Darkseid proto, as he does look alot like the STAS design and would love to add him to my STAS collection. But I still like the head sculpt from the one we got, the JL design was cooler IMO. But like Texgnome... I am not way fond of the body of the JL DS... it isn't horrible, but Mattel could have done better. 

Also, if I had a 1000 bucks to completely spare (more like waste, j/k ;) ) I would buy that EBay Lex Prototype. Cause really, when I saw him back in the day I really wanted that figure (prototype or not) I thought that he Looked great... He looked just like he did on the show IMO... Plus his Armor was actually colored correctly, lol. 

Now... I wonder if we will ever see that rumored Grundy Prototype that supposedly got "lost" lol. 

D.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:32 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
texgnome1 wrote:
Yeah, thanks for the info Dusty.

And I'd be more agreeable to getting them if the price were more reasonable. They're very rare protos, and as I've said to me look better overall than the final figures we got. I won't fault anyone who might buy them, but that price is just way too steep.

We should all pool our money together and help spend like 50 bucks and buy it from EBay... Eh... actually that is a way too unrealistic of an idea, lets instead go with one that is a little more realistic... let's "convince" ;) the dude on Ebay to lower the price to maybe... 100 bucks then still pool our money together to get cast's of the head... But I get to keep the originals!!!... I'll pay for the shipping from EBay and then to Stews or Glassman's house and back, ;)

totally j/k BTW... But that would be cool though, :)

D.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:37 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

We've talked about casually at CJ, but I still think the price is too steep. He says he paid $500 for each, and the start price shows he wants to double his money for Lex and triple it for Darkseid. The buy it now says more than that. So I just don't think it's worth the effort. I doubt seriously if he's going to budge from that price.

Although Stew did offer to drive down and cast the Luthor head. :)

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:04 pm 
Brand Manager

Dusty wrote:
Both Figures are prototypes of the orginal JL line in 2003, Lex is from TF 2003 and DS is from SDCC 2003. Image

D.

That's a very good looking Darkseid. Specially the chest piece! (Please, no Guapo comments!)

If I'd known these existed, I would've requested a Superman subline from the get go. Then again, I'm willing to bet must of the people working on Mattel's JLU, don't even know these existed. Too, bad. 'Cause Superman The Animated series was another line that was just a handful of "bad guys" away from having a finished rogues gallery.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:00 pm 
serves the Otter

texgnome1 wrote:
We've talked about casually at CJ, but I still think the price is too steep. He says he paid $500 for each, and the start price shows he wants to double his money for Lex and triple it for Darkseid. The buy it now says more than that. So I just don't think it's worth the effort. I doubt seriously if he's going to budge from that price.

Although Stew did offer to drive down and cast the Luthor head. :)

That's why I said we should "convince" him to lower the price. ha ha ha! ;)

D.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:34 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I'm glad these are old prototypes of the figures because that rumor of these being the new figures for the line started to have me doubt whether Mattel had "learned their lesson" Releasing figures that we already have isn't the best way to start off but I can understand since it has to appeal to moms and kids first.

I want them but I can live without them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:46 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

What does this have to do with YJ?

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:02 pm 
serves the Otter

alcinde4 wrote:
What does this have to do with YJ?

EVERYTHING!!! j/k.. sorry alcinde4 we got carried away, these figures were first thought to be Mattel's secret new DC animated line, but turned out to be cool prototype JL figures... so yeah, we just got carried away, lol.

D.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:06 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Okay. It's cool Dusty. I thought maybe I'd missed something.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

Post subject: Re: Old JLU prototypes
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:37 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
Although Stew did offer to drive down and cast the Luthor head.

Seriously? Did he contact the seller, and if so, what did the seller say?

Also, don't forget that back in the day, they also supposedly had a Joker figure for a 2 pack that never materialized. I remember someone having visited their offices and said so, even telling us about the Watchtower. I wonder if he was the same sculpt that we ultimately got (I don't think so).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:53 am 
Collector Inspector

texgnome1 wrote:
I'm honestly not all that high on Darkseid's head. I'm more interested in his body hahahaha...

LOVE this Darkseid body, Luthor body, Luthor head and Luthor armor. The Darkseid head? I prefer the one we eventually got.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:43 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Well, the auctions ended without any bids (not really surprised). Since no one answered my question though, has Stew actually spoken with the Seller to discuss castings???

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:39 pm 
serves the Otter

Yes! only 600 dollars now... :roll:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180903997856&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:US:1123

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180903998227&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:US:1123#ht_2032wt_1396
lol.

D.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:52 am 
Resin

The seller claims he paid $500 for Luthor and just over $500 for Darkseid, so Im thinking this is as low as he goes...If he really paid that much originally.

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next