Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU 7/15/12 the FIRST of the 6 LAST 3-packs.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:09 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

DanMan wrote:
I'm probably going to wait till the final pack is released in the hopes of getting all of them at once and saving on shipping. I think Mattel has a set quantity in mind for all of these that won't be changing no matter how the sales go. If they do sell out, I'll just be forced to get them on the secondary market. The chance of paying higher prices makes me a little nervous, but I really hate paying that $8 or more shipping fee to Matty.

Don't forget, Mattel usually pulls items off the sale right before the next products show up. The only ones they have kept are the so called "favorites"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:06 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Yeah, I really would like to remind people that not buying these packs when they come out is a pretty clear indicator to Mattel that we just don't care about the fact they're making them available to us. They really are catering to us here...they even slipped in Dr Destiny and Firefly...so lets say thank you by buying the packs when they're listed...

...not by holding out for some super sale.

These will be our last purchases as a JLU fan community. Let's make them count, and go out on a high note!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:02 pm 
Cold-cast

DisneyBoy wrote:
Yeah, I really would like to remind people that not buying these packs when they come out is a pretty clear indicator to Mattel that we just don't care about the fact they're making them available to us. They really are catering to us here...they even slipped in Dr Destiny and Firefly...so lets say thank you by buying the packs when they're listed...

...not by holding out for some super sale.

These will be our last purchases as a JLU fan community. Let's make them count, and go out on a high note!

IMO:

Buy one and then wait for the super sale. Who cares about them, they have tortured us through out the years. They don't care about us and if they did they would have released all 6 in a standard retail case and be done with it and saved us shipping and guaranteed us all the packs. They could have easily thrown in volcana and a lex with suit or other less distributed figs instead of the regular superman, WW and batman. To draw it out 6 months is cruel and is being done to keep us on the matty store for six months. They hope we will buy other things while there. How much of our time, money,blood and sweat have they wasted over the years with incomplete teams in different lines. I mean they couldn't even freaking put out YJ artemis 4 inch to at least gives us the main team. All we needed was artemis, superman, GL, tornado and arrows-red and green to get a main team/mentor set. But they gave us sports master and atom. Also let's not forget their ridiculous pricing on retail lines. As far as i am concerned they have more than blown through their goodwill. They are even messing up TDKR MM figs. I'm sorry but i am calling it as i see it. As much as they complain, they make a ton of money from us and that to them is the only thanks they care to receive. They never learn from their mistakes and keep repeating them. At this point i don't wish to support their 2013 line as i don't need another JLU, DCIH and YJ. I'm hoping DCD/DCC's new line is awesome. Finally 4" DC figs from a company that is solid and makes some awesome stuff.

The only high note i want to got out on is the high note that remains in my pocket.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:39 am 
serves the Otter

The Mattel backlash in this thread for them daring to give us exactly what we wanted is tiresome and sadly predictable.

When truth is only a matter of opinion, advantage goes to the liars.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:10 am 
Cold-cast

Fone Bone wrote:
The Mattel backlash in this thread for them daring to give us exactly what we wanted is tiresome and sadly predictable.

perhaps, but they are the ones who are predictable and tiresome and then some. The backlash is all their doing. 200%. This backlash is not only coming from an ever loyal, awesome mattel product collecting community but also from big box stores, vendors and other retailers. They have spared NO one with their special brand of suck.

We have gingerly danced and served their every whim and walked on egg shells around the issues but perhaps some tough love from us as collectors is necessary to help restore this company to glory. No more excuse Mattel. You must learn to respect our wallets and get it together by producing the best collectibles in the industry, repair and have the best vendor relationships and most of all listen to your customer base and for God sake learn from your mistakes. I could go on for ever but i will stop. Case break down, character selection, quality control, paint application and distribution has to be the best and above reproach.

Dr Phil has left the building :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:57 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Matty should let us pre-order these 3-packs. I can tell you that I plan on ordering a bunch of Firefly/Toyman/Dr Destiny combos. That way they can produce more of the packs that will be big sellers.

Last edited by rono on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:57 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Zim I really had to skim over your posts because I got the jist in the first few lines and it sounded like this:

"If they were nice they would have given me everything I wanted, and whan whan whan..."

PLEASE don't be negative about this. If you don't want to buy them, that's fine. But don't do this. It's really petty and sad. Not being rude here, just saying... :|

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:56 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Mattel gives us this.

http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery/al ... CK-JLU.jpg

I guess that is Epic Fail in some people's minds......laughable.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:58 am 
shirtless hugger

DisneyBoy wrote:
Zim I really had to skim over your posts because I got the jist in the first few lines and it sounded like this:

"If they were nice they would have given me everything I wanted, and whan whan whan..."

PLEASE don't be negative about this. If you don't want to buy them, that's fine. But don't do this. It's really petty and sad. Not being rude here, just saying... :|

Is disagree, I think you are being rude.

There are so many things they could do to be more fan friendly. Making us pay separate shipping charges by yanking stuff off their online store is not cool. You think they are giving us these figures from the goodness of their hearts? That's why they're charging $30 for them? They had done work and no stores wanted them - they want to make something back on their investment.

They have done so many things wrong with this line (heck, almost all of their lines) and yet people still love the figures and want more. I think that most of us are tired of being jerked around.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:12 am 
serves the Otter

BCYa wrote:
Is disagree, I think you are being rude.

DisneyBoy gave that insane spittle-flecked post the level of civility it deserved.

Just so we're clear:

"Mattel is cruel and enjoys torturing us!" = Holding Mattel accountable.

"That's crazy talk." = rude.

When truth is only a matter of opinion, advantage goes to the liars.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:32 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Okay, so just so this doesn't devolve any further - I'm not going to comment anymore on other people's feelings (rants?) regarding Mattel. Isn't that the point of that old expression, "nothing nice to say don't say anything at all?"

Yes, Mattel is not perfect. Heck, I stopped collecting this line for years because of all the problems! You won't see me defending them to the death. But these last packs were a very pleasant surprise, so I'm happy they're coming out and leaving it at that.

I just don't want people getting offended and arguing with each other. It makes this place less fun when that happens.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:06 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

DisneyBoy wrote:

Yes, Mattel is not perfect. Heck, I stopped collecting this line for years because of all the problems! You won't see me defending them to the death. But these last packs were a very pleasant surprise, so I'm happy they're coming out and leaving it at that.

That about sums it up for me too. I've never stopped collecting JLU but I'm certainly not one that believes Mattel is perfect or that Matty is a saint. At the same time Mattel/Matty is not an evil empire or the devil either.

Both sides on this issue have some very valid points. I can understand how some of us have become very disgruntled with Mattel. Whether it was Mattel's fault or not for disintegration of this line (at retail) I'm just happy that we are at least getting an opportunity to buy these at all. A lot of other lines would never have gotten this chance.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:15 pm 
Cold-cast

whakojacko1976 wrote:
DisneyBoy wrote:

That about sums it up for me too. I've never stopped collecting JLU but I'm certainly not one that believes Mattel is perfect or that Matty is a saint. At the same time Mattel/Matty is not an evil empire or the devil either.

Both sides on this issue have some very valid points. I can understand how some of us have become very disgruntled with Mattel. Whether it was Mattel's fault or not for disintegration of this line (at retail) I'm just happy that we are at least getting an opportunity to buy these at all. A lot of other lines would never have gotten this chance.

well said whakojacko1976, i agree whole heartedly. Just for the record, i am so thrilled about their decision to release the last 6 and also each time i have bought at least 3 of each at full price from matty. Even at retail i have paid full retail. Remember that tru DCIH $50+ box set that discounted i think by half, paid full retail on that. I even caved and bought YJ all of them at full price and now with invasion want even more. So i have supported mattel as much as a collector can.

i was just being honest and saying what needed to be said. if we don't push our boundaries and question, we will never grow and are forever then doomed to mediocrity. MU keeps getting better because of a very vocal community and a company that listens and is always trying to improve. Is Hasbro perfect, no but at least they are trying and listening. I was not even a Marvel fan except for mains like hulk until their Marvel Universe line. MU and marvel animated series on tv brought me into the Marvel world, exposing me to new characters. They have done a fantastic job because if they could take someone like me who had no knowledge of Marvel's characters apart from FF, hulk, spiderman and get me to want to buy a figure called Blastaar is a testament to their efforts. This is what Mattel needs to do but they keep making the same mistakes over and over, even though they learned the hard way that formula does not work.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:17 pm 
Daniel Pickett

I just got samples of the Mongol and Static packs. I shoot them all last night. Should have pix up soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:40 pm 
Tis' but a pup

JuliusMarx wrote:
I just got samples of the Mongol and Static packs. I shoot them all last night. Should have pix up soon.

Awesome can't wait to see them!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next