Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU 7/15/12 the FIRST of the 6 LAST 3-packs.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:01 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I'm going to say this again and I know that I'm going to sound like a broken record... It won't work for everyone but there are enough of you out there that live in close enough proximity that if you guys would even consider combining orders you would save a ton on shipping or even having one person place the orders and hold them to ship out once all six packs were out.

Think about it, huh?...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:46 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

That's not a bad idea - hopefully some of you can do just that.

I was crunching the numbers in my head today and realized what we're getting here:

10 brand-new characters plus 2 very cool variants of existing characters, out of the 18 figures that will be sold. I can't remember the last time I EVER saw that ratio of new product to old product in JLU three packs. For the longest time it seemed like we were getting one new guy per eight old guys. Terrific Mattel finally changed that. A shame it's only now, when the line has concluded. But we're getting them, so yay for that.

Looking forward to your pics Julius, you lucky dog you!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:59 pm 
my tummy itches

texgnome1 wrote:
they're doing the final releases basically so we'll leave them alone.

Thats the one thing Mattel doesnt have to worry about from me. Done and done.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:19 pm 
my tummy itches

If all that petitioning when for nothing and I am going to have to pick up a pack for 100$ on eBay I will be one unhappy camper.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:47 pm 
3 3/4"

I agree that it sucks that we are going to have to fork out money for shipping every month to get these 3-packs (especially when Matty's shipping rates are pretty high compared to other online retailers) but I think it is a good idea for someone to load up on these and then ship them out. I would be interested in helping everyone out. I'm already going to order a set for myself and a fellow JLU collector in Bolivia. If I can get a list going of people that would be interested and that would be able to front me the money like at least the day before, this shouldn't be a problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:51 am 
shirtless hugger

j1h15233 wrote:
bat313 wrote:
I would not worry about these selling out or not being able to get them. I don't care how much they are reducing the production, there will be left over product that you will be able to buy next X-mas at half off, if not sooner.

That attitude is why these are the last packs. Sorry, but I hope anyone who does this misses out completely.

Easy Tiger. Ben was worried that the site may crash and/or traffic would cause him to miss these figures. I'm just saying there is zero chance of that happening because there is ALWAYS left over JLU product and even if there isn't the normal amount leftover Matty has to hold back product that they will eventually release. I was not giving guidance on how to get these things cheaper. That just seems to be the case with Matty.

For the record, it's this exact attitude that I rarely post here anymore. It's just no fun to come here anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:12 am 
Variant Head

I am buying more then one set and live in NH so no sales tax at all. I REALLY need the last JLU 7 pack and con 3 packs if someone could help me with those I can help them with these 3 packs.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:08 pm 
Bob Vila

JuliusMarx wrote:
I just got samples of the Mongol and Static packs. I shoot them all last night. Should have pix up soon.

Any news on when these pics are going up on the site?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:40 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Can somebody please remind me of the price? Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:49 pm 
BANNED

FALLENELDOR2.0 wrote:
Can somebody please remind me of the price? Thank you.

Each 3-pack will cost the hated price of $30.

Mighty and powerful Julius Marx, please do not be lazy anymore and post your review of the Mongul and Static 3 packs

Thanks amazing Juilius Marx!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:23 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Remember when we bitched about them being raised to $15.00 :lol:
Boy, am I glad I missed out on the conversation why the heck these are $30...I'd imagine it a lot to do with Matty/Scott whoever saying some ludicrous number like $80 or $50 or what ever he said a year or so ago. From time to time I have lurked these past few years, but my ability to retain BS isn't as great as it use to be.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:44 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Just because Scott's the messenger, doesn't mean we should shoot him :wink: Lobo was about 30 bucks, right? Or 25? Here we're getting the best ratio in JLU history of new characters in these packs, and they realize the only people buying them will be us hardcore-to-the-end fans (not that I think of myself as hardcore, mind you).

So 30 isn't the worst price ever. I take more issue with the shipping costs....

JULIUS - PLEASE POST YOUR REVIEW :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:45 pm 
Aspires to be #1

I'm perfectly fine with 30 bucks and would keep buying 3-packs at that price if they would keep making them. JLU is worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:46 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
DisneyBoy wrote:
Just because Scott's the messenger, doesn't mean we should shoot him :wink: Lobo was about 30 bucks, right? Or 25? Here we're getting the best ratio in JLU history of new characters in these packs, and they realize the only people buying them will be us hardcore-to-the-end fans (not that I think of myself as hardcore, mind you).

So 30 isn't the worst price ever. I take more issue with the shipping costs....

JULIUS - PLEASE POST YOUR REVIEW :D :D :D

Completely agree, I hate the shipping prices. Also yeah, 10 bucks a single figure is about what we were paying 2 years ago anyway... when these were more readily available at Target.
So while 30 bucks seems high, it is actually pretty much the same amount we have been paying for a while. (which still sucks though, lol) :lol:

D.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:18 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

For some reason I was still thinking they were $50. I'll buy at least the Mongul, Vandal Savage and Toyman packs at $30. The other packs are not so good imo.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next