Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Man of Steel
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:51 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Warner Bros. Officially Announces Man of Steel Partners

by SuperHeroHype

June 12, 2012

With Licensing Expo 2012 kicking off today in Las Vegas, Warner Bros. Pictures has sent out the following details of its merchandise opportunities for director Zack Snyder's June 2013 Superman movie Man of Steel, produced by Christopher Nolan, Charles Roven, Emma Thomas and Deborah Snyder. Here's what the studio said:

As the power of Warner Bros. Pictures' film portfolio shows its strength, WBCP stands tall at Licensing Show with a powerhouse roster of global partners to support Warner Bros. Pictures' upcoming event film, Man of Steel, as Superman soars into theaters in summer 2013—and promises to deliver on fan anticipation and licensing opportunities. Licensing efforts for the DC Comics super hero tent-pole film will continue to build momentum as Man of Steel ignites its licensing and merchandising programs around the world. At the same time, the highly anticipated film will help to drive the Superman franchise to new heights, offering licensees and retailers new opportunities to reach fans of all ages.

Man of Steel will be supported by a renowned roster of partners, including DC Comics global master toy licensee, Mattel, with a wide range toy line including action figures, playsets and collectible figures, highlighted by the fan-favorite Movie Masters™ line. Also supporting Man of Steel will be LEGO, DC Comics global partner for the construction category; Rubie's Costume Company with a wide range of costume products based on the entire DC Comics portfolio, including Man of Steel; Noble Collection with a collectible line for true enthusiasts; apparel collections from Kinetics, Junkfood, Bioworld and global partner for DC Comics, Converse, with a graphically unique inspired line for Man of Steel; and global licensee Hallmark with party goods and ornaments; among many others. The Superman property will also see additional licensee support for fans of all ages, including Cardinals Industries' games and puzzles based on Man of Steel and Superman, and other legendary DC Comics characters; Jakks Pacific with a range of Superman collectible figures and novelty toys; PPW Toys' DC Super Heroes collectible line of Mr. Potato Heads, including classic Superman; Fisher Price's range of DC Super Friends Imaginext® toddler toy line; and Wonder Forge's DC Super Friends games and puzzles.

Stay tuned for more updates from the Licensing Expo.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:53 pm 
buzz word garbage hater

Man of Steel Costume shots

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/12/man-of-steel-costume-shots-show-off-some-character-looks/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:23 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Hans Zimmer to Score Man of Steel

by SuperHeroHype

June 18, 2012

Hans Zimmer, the film composer responsible for Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and the upcoming The Dark Knight Rises, is set to return to the DC Universe next summer. Variety is reporting that, contrary to earlier reports, Zimmer will score Zack Snyder's Man of Steel.

While Zimmer may seem like a natural fit for the project, he shot down rumors of his involvement late last year in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter.

"My heart belongs to Batman," said Zimmer of scoring the film. "I wouldn’t even know how to go and give voice to it."

Zimmer went on to explain that one of the troubles with tackling the character musically is that, in doing so, one can't help but fall in the shadow of John William's iconic score.

"[It] happens to be one of his greatest themes," Zimmer said, calling Williams "the greatest living composer". "So no. And I’m not thinking of rewriting Beethoven’s ninth either. It just sounds like a thankless task, you know? So that’s unequivocally a no."

Whatever has happened to change Zimmer's mind remains to be revealed, but check back for updates as they become available.

The June 14th film stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, Antje Traue, Russell Crowe, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, Harry Lennix, Laurence Fishburne and Richard Schiff.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:30 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New Set Photo From Man of Steel

by SuperHeroHype

June 27, 2012

It looks like next summer's Man of Steel will cover a lot of ground in the Superman mythos. Check out this new set photo from Superman Homepage featuring the Young Clark Kent and Pete Ross.

From left to right the photo shows Robert Gerdisch (Whitney Fordman), Jack Foley (Pete Ross), and Dylan Sprayberry (Clark Kent) posing in front of Stunt Coordinator Damon Caro's chair.

The June 14, 2013 release stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, Antje Traue, Russell Crowe, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, Harry Lennix, Laurence Fishburne and Richard Schiff.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:39 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Man of Steel Teaser Running Time Revealed

by SuperHeroHype

July 11, 2012

We're expecting something really cool for Warner Bros. Pictures' Man of Steel this weekend at the San Diego Comic-Con, but in the meantime we've got news on the first teaser trailer for the film and quotes from director Zack Snyder and composer Hans Zimmer.

The Alberta Film Ratings has given the new teaser a G rating and states that it is 1 minute and 27 seconds long, so stay tuned for when it comes online!

Zack Snyder also stopped by the Art Center of College of Design in Los Angeles yesterday to speak about his entire career and he offered a nice tidbit into the pre-production and casting of his Superman movie:

We had about 500 guys initially. We did this massive auditioning madness. It got down to the usual suspects in a pretty quick order. Henry Cavill was actually the first one we physically tested on film. We actually tested him in the Christopher Reeve Superman suit. And that was a big deal. That’s a hard suit to pull off. Trust me. If you’re just standing there in that suit, it’s dodgy. It felt like we just bought it a costume shop. Plus, there’s no mask. I’ve been around a few superhero costumes, and it’s weird because when you’re in the Superman costume it’s just you from the neck up. And somebody just combed your hair. But Henry came out of the trailer when we were shooting a test and everybody thought Okay, that’s Superman. He was awesome and did a great job.

Another man tirelessly working on Man of Steel is Hans Zimmer. Having just wrapped The Dark Knight Rises, Zimmer spoke with Danny Graydon about working on the film and was asked if he's confident taking on the project:

I don’t feel confident at all. I never feel confident. But, a little bit of fear has gone a long way to being inspiring in the past. John Williams is the master and I am not even going to try and go in that direction. I’ll try my best not to embarrass myself and my colleagues on the film. I’m definitely going to have a go! In a funny way, it’s exactly because Superman is such an opposite character to Batman that I am welcoming the opportunity to do the music.

It looks like this adaptation of Superman is gearing up to be one for the ages. The June 14, 2013 release also stars Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, Antje Traue, Russell Crowe, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, Harry Lennix, Laurence Fishburne and Richard Schiff.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:45 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Comic-Con: New Art for Superman Movie Man of Steel

by SuperHeroHype

July 14, 2012

During Warner Bros. Pictures' Comic-Con panel, the studio revealed this new artwork for director Zack Snyder's Man of Steel and showed the first footage from the film which you can read about by replaying the live blog here.

Henry Cavill plays Superman in the June 14, 2013 release. The film also stars Amy Adams as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Laurence Fishburne as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent's adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Diane Lane and Kevin Costner. Squaring off against the superhero are two other surviving Kryptonians, the villainous General Zod, played by Michael Shannon, and Faora, Zod's evil partner, played by Antje Traue. Also from Superman's native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman's mother, played by Ayelet Zurer, and Superman's father, Jor-El, portrayed by Russell Crowe. Rounding out the cast are Harry Lennix as U.S. military man General Swanwick, as well as Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy.

Click the poster for a bigger version!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:35 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

A Rumor on Man of Steel's Action?

by SuperHeroHype

July 18, 2012

The upcoming Zack Snyder Superman movie Man of Steel doesn't come out til next June and besides the trailer shown at Comic-Con (expected to hit with The Dark Knight Rises), there aren't a lot of details of how it's going to hold up.

Over at Bleeding Cool they got a taste at Comic-Con from an unknown source of what they think is a sequence from the film, so possible spoiler ahead:

Spoiler: show
"But I have been told details of one specific scene in particular, in which Superman breaks apart a building and uses the building itself as a weapon in some kind of ‘super martial art’ fashion. “Girders as throwing stars” was the specific example I was given."

Again, treat this as a rumor for now but it does sound different from the 2006 film Superman Returns.

Henry Cavill plays Superman in the June 14, 2013 release. The film also stars Amy Adams as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Laurence Fishburne as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent's adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Diane Lane and Kevin Costner. Squaring off against the superhero are two other surviving Kryptonians, the villainous General Zod, played by Michael Shannon, and Faora, Zod's evil partner, played by Antje Traue. Also from Superman's native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman's mother, played by Ayelet Zurer, and Superman's father, Jor-El, portrayed by Russell Crowe. Rounding out the cast are Harry Lennix as U.S. military man General Swanwick, as well as Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:00 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Man of Steel Teaser Trailers are Here!

by SuperHeroHype

July 21, 2012

Warner Bros. Pictures has released the two versions of the teaser trailer for director Zack Snyder's Man of Steel which you can watch below!

Henry Cavill plays Superman in the June 14, 2013 release. The film also stars Amy Adams as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Laurence Fishburne as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent's adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Diane Lane and Kevin Costner.

Squaring off against the superhero are two other surviving Kryptonians, the villainous General Zod, played by Michael Shannon, and Faora, Zod's evil partner, played by Antje Traue. Also from Superman's native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman's mother, played by Ayelet Zurer, and Superman's father, Jor-El, portrayed by Russell Crowe. Rounding out the cast are Harry Lennix as U.S. military man General Swanwick, as well as Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy.

The Dark Knight Rises director Christopher Nolan is producing the film.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:37 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
I am still not perfectly fond of Laurence Fishburne as Perry White or Amy adams as Lois Lane... and I still need a little bit more time to warm up to the no trunks or yellow in the costume... but I am looking forward to this much more since seeing the SDCC trailer and the Teaser from TDKR. I hope this film has good action, but still remembers who and what Superman stands for. But aside from my worries and not having great fondness of certain things, I really can hardly wait to see this film.

...Man of Steel... yeah. :)

D.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:16 am 
Santos L. Halper

I'm super excited about this film and its still a year away!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:26 am 
categorically opposed

Krypton1976 wrote:
I'm super excited about this film and its still a year away!!!

The trailer gave me chills in a Dark Knight kind of way, not the "omigod, it's my favorite superhero come to life" kind of way.

I have high hopes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:48 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

When did Clark jump on the crew of the Northeastern in the Deadliest Catch?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:20 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

That was, by far, the most BORING teaser trailer I've ever seen in my life.

I thought I was watching a car commercial or political ad until the voice over kicked in.

Fail.

I hope the first true trailer actually shows Superman in action.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:25 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Dude as you said, this was a teaser. It was meant not to show too much (hence the word "teaser," it is a "tease" and is just to let you know there is a Superman movie coming.)
Anyways, the trailer sends chills down my spine everytime, as it totally tells what the tone of the movie will be (Secret origin, Birthright, and whatever else Nolan/Snyder have come up with.)

Success. ;)

Edit: Plus this teaser has a very artisic and more unique tone to it, (the imagery with the rocks, bird flying, and the clothes blowing in the wind are very artistic) which many of Snyder's films kind of have. I could tell this was one of his even without seeing his name. I was disappointed at first because of the awesome trailer from SDCC. But looking at this now, I feel like this will be a Superman film that will not only be more relatable for some, but will show just how great a Hero Superman truly is.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:09 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

He just better punch something in the damn film.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 41  Next