Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Am I the only adult male on here... (Monster High thread
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:19 am 
PVC

I can't lie, I love them too!

I wish these had started a little later. My daughter is about to turn 3, and has been in love since she first saw them in the stores when she was 1. I didn't buy them for there then due to the small pieces....which was one of the worst decisions I've ever made. At the time, I didn't think these would end up so popular.....which basically makes me an idiot. I should have bought them all and gave them to her later. Now....I have spent $40 on Frankie, Draculaura, and Gholia. I actually got a great deal, and spend $50 on Deuce and Cleo. And got clobbered on Spectra for $60 something. And I just won a loose Holt Hyde for $70......LOOSE!!!!

One of her favorite aspects is the pets, and she keeps asking me why we don't have a one Lagoona and Clawdeen.....Have you seen how much that friggin Clawdeen goes for???? More that $100 is pretty ridiculous. So is there any more news on those first 4 dolls being rereleased????

So far for her upcoming birthday, I've got her 2 fashion packs, 3 of the beds, the Howleen pack, Cupid, and Holt Hyde. Shes going to s**t herself with excitment!

And now, I have taken to getting whatever of the main line dolls I see, and keeping them MOC.

So yea, we are a Monster High loving family over here. Can't wait to spend $100 on that school playset thats coming out. :roll:

COMIC CHARACTERS ONLY!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:39 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Scarah has been revealed... http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... .251499300

Betting that's HooDude under the flap (the heart and pins are a dead-giveaway for me)...

http://monsterhigh.wikia.com/wiki/HooDude

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:13 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

The SDCC voucher pre-sale for Scarah sold out in 30 minutes or less (that and the Scooby Doo hot wheels were the first to sell out--everything else is still there).

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:39 pm 
We're going streaking!

xrmc20 wrote:
The SDCC voucher pre-sale for Scarah sold out in 30 minutes or less (that and the Scooby Doo hot wheels were the first to sell out--everything else is still there).

That makes getting one after SDCC, even if Matty has them, that much more difficult.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:56 pm 
5th Horseman

I'm so happy I got one!!!! Who would have thunk I'd gone from He-Man and DC crazy to going nuts over a doll in a year!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:23 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I'll be trying my luck in the Mattel line come the SDCC weekend to get a Scarah Screams for my collection.

Being a total newbie to this convention business... makes me oddly optimistic, maybe naively so, haha.

So far, my collection includes Wave 1 minus Holt Hyde, the Target Gloom Beach set, most of the Ghoulia and Lagoonas that have been released, an Abbey, Spectra, and Rochelle. The attention to detail is amazing and still impresses me even though from what I've heard, the quality control's gone bust this year with the release of the Howleen/Clawdeen and the Werecat Twins packs.

Is it just me, or is it kind of difficult to find dolls with intact packaging? The in-store displays are always either empty or a huge mess, with crushed and ripped boxes. This even happens when I try to purchase from Amazon.com. My most recent doll, Rochelle, came from Amazon a couple days ago and her box is totally annihilated, her lipstick's smeared on the box. I should probably return it, but I've never seen Rochelle in the wild so I'm conflicted. :(

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:39 am 
We're going streaking!

The boxes I have found, even in mostly empty displays and boxes knocked over, have been in good shape. Which is good since My daughter has me cut off the box backs to keep the bios.

What have you heard about the exclusives' quality? My daughter seems fine with both sets.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:43 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Ya I had seen these a while ago at a Target endcap and they looked very neat, I wouldn't buy the dolls since they take up alot of space but a "heroes" type line would be very nice.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:32 pm 
Brand Manager

If anyone gets an extra Sarah Screams I do havea Cupid I could offer to trade.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:34 pm 
We're going streaking!

Restocks of the first ones must be showing up because I saw a Lagoona Blue at Walmart. It could have been a return w/o receipt, but I doubt it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:53 am 
5th Horseman

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! If you saw Lagoona that means Venus and Robecca are hitting!!!! Lagoona is the refresh in that case!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:42 pm 
We're going streaking!

Wow. Makes me wonder if they even hit the floor then, since I've been there a lot lately and only saw Lagoona that one day.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:02 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Over at the .org someone posted that the Puma Boy and Ghost Girl CAM packs are hitting. I may have found the remnants of a case as it's one each of Puma, Ghost, Bee and Ghoul and I found two each of the Bee and Ghoul yesterday. Someone over there also posted a photo from an Oz TRU that has Ghoulia's scooter and Draculaura's bathroom packed with themed dolls.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:51 am 
We're going streaking!

I have seen the Puma Boy and Ghost Girl CAM packs at Walmart, but I have yet to see the CAM base sets anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:13 am 
5th Horseman

Jim_Abell wrote:
Over at the .org someone posted that the Puma Boy and Ghost Girl CAM packs are hitting. I may have found the remnants of a case as it's one each of Puma, Ghost, Bee and Ghoul and I found two each of the Bee and Ghoul yesterday. Someone over there also posted a photo from an Oz TRU that has Ghoulia's scooter and Draculaura's bathroom packed with themed dolls.

Oh for hell's sake. I just got cuaght up. This is really like crack for me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next