It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Top Gun 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:37 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Tom Cruise Offers a Top Gun 2 Update

Source: ComingSoon

June 11, 2012

Although he didn't expand much beyond what has been said before, Tom Cruise recently spoke with MTV and reiterated that a Top Gun 2 is something he's keen to act in.

"We're working on it," says the Rock of Ages star. "...I want to get in those jets!"

DreamWorks President Adam Goodman recently said something similar, explaining that the studio would like to move forward soon with Cruise, Jerry Bruckheimer and Tony Scott all returning to their respective roles as leading man, producer and director.

Check out Cruise's full comments here.

Post subject: Re: Top Gun 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:57 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

No. Just no.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:35 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

At this age, can Cruise handled feeling the speed?

I think he's more likely to feel the need to have peed...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:59 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

When I read this, I thought it was a joke...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:21 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

If this is detailing Duke's teary-eyed confessional to malfeasance and subsequent time in prison it could be interesting. But otherwise it'll suck.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:59 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Jerry Bruckheimer Says Top Gun 2 is Still Active

Producer confident about an aerial followup; Lone Ranger, not so much.

by Max Nicholson

June 10, 2013

Following the tragic death of Tony Scott last year, it was assumed that most of the director's slated projects would be left unmade. Narco Sub, Lucky Stripe, and Ion are still left up in the air. However, there may be some good news for Scott and Tom Cruise's planned Top Gun sequel.

While speaking at Sunday's Produced By conference, producer Jerry Bruckheimer said that Top Gun 2 is still a go. "We still want to do it with Tom, and Paramount are still interested in making it," Bruckheimer explained. "What Tom tells me is that no matter where he goes in the world, people refer to him as Maverick. It's something he is excited about, so as long as he keeps his enthusiasm hopefully we'll get it made."

Indeed, it sounds like Top Gun 2 is an inevitability at this point. Less certain, however, is the fate of Bruckheimer's upcoming franchise starter The Lone Ranger.

"Hopefully The Lone Ranger will continue as a sequel," the producer continued. "It's always up to the audience. If the audience likes the movie, then Disney will come to me and we'll make another, or it will be a one-off."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:10 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Top Gun 2 and Beverly Hills Cop Reboot Moving Forward at Paramount

Source: ComingSoon

December 6, 2013

Paramount Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer have today signed a three-year first-look deal, Deadline reports. Among the projects now being targeted for production are a sequel to the 1986 Tony Scott hit Top Gun and a reboot of the Beverly Hills Cop franchise.

The Top Gun followup has been in the works for some time with Tom Cruise interested in reprising his role as United States Naval Aviator Lieutenant Pete "Maverick" Mitchell. Scott was interested in returning to the director's chair himself prior to his tragic passing last year.

Beverly Hills Cop, meanwhile, has also been looking for a way to return the screen. A recent iteration would have continued the franchise with Brandon T. Jackson starring as the son of Eddie Murphy's Axel Foley. Developed as a CBS pilot, the would-be series did not get picked up. There's no word, at the moment, as to what form a fourth big screen feature will take, but check back for details as they become available. Brett Ratner is attached to direct.