It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Kick-Ass 2
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:08 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Exclusive: Kick-Ass 2 is Gonna Get "Darker"

Source: superherohype.com

March 13, 2010

Matthew Vaughn's Kick-Ass isn't going to be in theaters for over a month, but it premiered last night at the 2010 South by Southwest Film Festival to huge success. When ComingSoon.net/SuperHeroHype spoke with the movie's stars, Aaron Johnson and Christopher Mintz-Plasse, we weren't too surprised to learn there's already talk about a Kick-Ass 2 at least in terms of a second volume from creators Mark Millar and John Romita Jr.

We'll have a full review soon, but what's interesting about Vaughn's movie is that it starts and ends almost exactly like the first 8-issue volume of the comic series, so it essentially leaves Vaughn in a place where he could take what Millar and Romita do in a second volume and adapt it directly onto the big screen as a sequel.

Unsurprisingly, the three of them are very much in communication so that a second movie might even be closer to the comic book than the first one.

"Last night at the Q 'n' A, someone asked Johnny (Romita Jr.) if they're going to have some stuff from 'Kick-Ass 2' at Comic-Con and they said, 'Yes,' which means they're going to get started on it, which is exciting," Mintz-Plasse told us in an exclusive interview.

"Matthew and Mark have a lot of ideas, and I think they work quite tightly," Johnson added.

Mintz-Plasse gave us a little hint where they might be taking the second volume and hopefully a second movie. "I met up with Mark actually a few months ago and we had a couple drinks and he told me it was going to be great, and he wants it to be very, very dark is what he's thinking."

"If you could get any more dark than 'Kick-Ass' is right now, then Mark had even darker ideas," Johnson confirmed. "Matthew went with absolutely everything but there were some things that were impossible to film. No one's going to see it because it's too disgusting."

"It's way too much yeah," Chris concluded.

Of course, they could just as well have been talking about Kick-Ass, which opens on April 16. You can read more from our interview with Aaron and Christopher (plus hopefully some more interviews) closer to then.

Post subject: Re: Kick-Ass 2
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:26 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Chloë Moretz Talks Kick-Ass 2

Hit-Girl to return... on a purple motorbike, plus news of Let Me In, Hugo Cabret, and Kick-Ass on DVD.

UK, September 9, 2010

by Tom Butler IGN UK

Chloë Moretz attained cult immortality at the tender age of 13, thanks to her film stealing turn as the ass-kicking, pre-teen superhero Hit-Girl in Kick-Ass which has just come out on DVD and Bluray.

Described by the director Matthew Vaughn as "Polly Pocket meets John Rambo", Chloë's turn as the pint-sized killer virtually stole the show from the titular hero in one fell swoop, thanks to an iconic entrance, capped off with that controversial deployment of the C-bomb.

She's well on her way to becoming one of the most sought after young actresses in the world and will next be seen in Matt Reeves' pre-teen vampire thriller Let Me In.

She's currently in London to shoot Martin Scorsese's 3D debut The Invention of Hugo Cabret, so we jumped at the chance to sit down with her to talk about the DVD and Bluray release of Kick-Ass, and her upcoming slate.

Kick-Ass is out on DVD and Bluray now.

IGN: In Kick-Ass, you got all the best action sequences, did the other actors get jealous?

Chloë Moretz: They definitely wanted more action for themselves, but they got it in the end. They thought it was actually kind of awesome. They were like – "It's so cool to have a girl doing it!" So I think they thought it was pretty cool. I did about 90% of all my stunts, except for running up the walls and things like that, but everything else was me.

IGN: Were you surprised by the controversy generated by your character?

Chloë Moretz:Not really. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but for me it was just a role. I put my heart and soul into it - and it's a character, it's not Chloë.

IGN: Who made the final decision to go with the famous C-word line?

Chloë Moretz: It was Matthew [Vaughn - the director]. He came up to me and said - "We were wondering, if we were going to do it, would you mind if we do it in close-up?" And so I said I'd do one take. I said - "I'm not happy about it, but I'll do it, only once, and for the role."

IGN: Do you know if you'll be returning in Kick-Ass 2?

Chloë Moretz: I'd be really excited to get back into the Hit-Girl costume again and see what happens. Mark Millar did say that it was… being written. I would love to do Kick-Ass 2. I'd love to work with Matthew again.

IGN: Did he not contact you about being in X-Men First Class?

Chloë Moretz: I don't think there's a role in that for me. We're making the Martin Scorsese film now, so I don't think there would be time anyway.

IGN: Has Mark Millar told you what will be happening in Kick-Ass 2?

Chloë Moretz: My proposition for Kick-Ass 2 which I told to Jane Goldman and Mark Millar is that Hit-Girl, has to have a purple Ducatti with massive guns! I watched Salt, and Angelina Jolie has a scene on a motorbike, and I was like - "Man, she stole it from me! That was my idea!" But mine will be purple, with machine guns, and a gadget board that pops out.

IGN: Are you worried that you might get too tall to be Hit-Girl soon?

Chloë Moretz: No, I'd always like to portray Hit-Girl, we're the same age, so Matthew said, whenever we get round to doing it, I can have it whatever age I am.

IGN: You've played a pre-teen superhero, and you're a killer vampire in Let Me In next, why aren't you making things like the Bratz movies?

Chloë Moretz: Well, the Martin Scorsese film is a fantasy film, so that's my adventure movie. I don't go looking for iconic roles, I look for a good script with a good character.

IGN: Are we going to get a watered down version of Let The Right One In in Let Me In?

Chloë Moretz: No, it's hyped up! Bigger, nastier, it's cool.

IGN: Was it a tougher shoot than Kick-Ass?

Chloë Moretz: Yeah, in its own right, but in a different way. It wasn't crazy with stunts, but emotionally with the character it was a lot tougher.

IGN:Tell us about your film with Martin Scorsese.

Chloë Moretz: We're shooting in London right now on The Invention of Hugo Cabret, and I play Isabelle. The film is about a young boy called Hugo, who goes on a fun action-adventure with my character. There are a lot of different plotlines in it, and it's a really great movie. We've been shooting for three months now.

IGN: It's the first 3D film you've made, does that make much difference to the process?

Chloë Moretz: Yes, in the way that the cameras are twice as big, they're gigantic. If you watch the rushes on the monitors you have to wear 3D glasses on which is cool. But as an actor, you're still just getting in front of the camera, and you just keep going. Martin is a really cool guy, it's a privilege to work with someone like that. He's an amazing director.

IGN: Despite being a badass on screen, we think you're a bit of a softy at heart, so we wanted to put you to the test.

IGN: Training or Twitter?

Chloë Moretz: What type of training? For Kick-Ass I did circus training, gun training, bow-staff training, knife training, protection, so many different types! But if I had to pick one to do for the rest of the afternoon? I'd choose training over Twitter!

IGN: New shoes or new nunchucks?

Chloë Moretz: A new pair of shoes! What type of shoes though?!

IGN: Putting on make-up or knocking someone out?

Chloë Moretz: In a movie? Knock someone out! I like to have fun with my characters.

IGN: Aaron Johnson as Kick-Ass or Aaron Johnson as John Lennon?

Chloë Moretz: Aaron Johnson as John Lennon!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:16 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Kick-Ass 2 Is Happening

Sequel moving from Lionsgate to Universal.

May 8, 2012

Matthew Vaughn is in talks with Universal to bring Kick-Ass 2 to the studio. The first film was distributed by Lionsgate.

Heat Vision reports that Vaughn has "handpicked" Jeff Wadlow (Never Back Down) to direct the film, which is of course based on the Mark Millar-John Romita, Jr. comic series. Vaughn scripted and will produce the follow-up -- but not direct as he did on the original -- as he's no doubt busy with X-Men: First Class 2.

Kick-Ass 2 will be based on the comic-book miniseries of the same name as well as the spinoff book Hit-Girl, which hits next month.

Aaron Johnson (Kick-Ass), Chloe Moretz (Hit-Girl) and Christopher Mintz-Plasse (Red Mist) are all expected to return for the sequel, which has a September production start set.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:12 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Principal Cast for Kick-Ass More Than Likely Returning for Sequel

by SuperHeroHype

May 31, 2012

It was a good day for all of us when Kick-Ass 2 was announced as being greenlit. The bad news was that none of the orignal cast had options for a sequel, but once again the gods have smiled on us and things are looking up.

According to Deadline, it's looking like Aaron Johnson is getting close to finishing his deal with Universal to reprise the titular role. Chloe Moretz and Christopher Mintz-Plasse are also getting their deals finished.

But the most surprising thing about it all is that Nicolas Cage is looking to pop up in a cameo in the film.

No set release date as of now, but it seems like the film is on track to begin production this fall, so look for maybe a July or August of 2013 release.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:55 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Aaron Johnson Talks Kick-Ass 2

by SuperHeroHype

June 18, 2012

It didn't seem like it was going to happen but now all the pieces are falling into place and it really looks like Kick-Ass 2 is moving forward.

In an interview with Collider, star Aaron Johnson spoke about the film and its dark take on super heroes.

"It’s pretty much set to go, this Fall. I think now Chloe (Grace Moretz) and Chris (Mintz-Plasse) are on board. I’m certainly set up to do it. Jeff Wadlow is to direct. Yeah, I think it’s going to happen."

When asked if the film would be as hard-R as the first, he said, "Oh, yeah! It keeps the standard, from the first film."

Johnson was also asked if he was surprised about all the anticipation for a sequel to the film: "Yeah, and I think that’s why Matthew Vaughn has got his name all over this one, as well. The only way he was ever going to make a sequel was if it could be anywhere close to the first one, and keep that class and that quality, and just maintain something original and new and refreshing. And this script delivers all of that, right now. I’m excited to get back in the suit."

There has been no official word on a potential release date for the film.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:46 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Kick-Ass 2 Exposing Identities?

Hit-Girl goes toe-to-toe with... Mean Girls?

by Max Nicholson

June 25, 2012

As Jeff Wadlow's sequel to Kick-Ass approaches its production start date this fall, we've picked up a few rumors on what's in store for Dave and Mindy as Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl.

First, MovieHole reports that not only are Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz and Christopher Mintz-Plasse back for part two, but negotiations with Garrett M. Brown (Dave's dad) are also underway; his character is said to have a larger role in Kick-Ass 2. Additionally, auditions will soon be held for a new character, Uncle Ralph, the crook guardian of Chris (aka Red Mist).

The site also provided this brief description on what's set to happen next for Mindy: "Hit-Girl’s identity is widely known by this point -- and it evokes much nasty yabbering behind Mindy’s back by her schoolmates. The worst of the mean girls, Brooke, is your typical prissy jock-marrying wannabe who controls the thoughts and feelings of her teenage followers and disciples (including innocent young Lois, whom ultimately forms a bond with Mindy). But 'Hit-Girl', never one to shy away from a confrontation and seemingly always equipped with the perfect weapon of self defense, gets Brooke and her b**** gang back in... let’s say, rather spectacular fashion."

Meanwhile, MovieHole adds that Dave will be coping with his identity being exposed by "somebody important." Note, however, that these details have not been confirmed, so consider them hearsay for now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:57 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

And Kick-Ass 2 will be Rated...

by SuperHeroHype

July 17, 2012

Kick-Ass 2 is actually happening. It looks like the movie will go in front of cameras this September at Universal with all of the principal cast retuning to reprise their roles.

MTV caught up with Christopher Mintz-Plasse to talk about the film and he offered a hint into the tone of the sequel.

"My character in this movie is called Red Mist, and in this movie it's The Motherf-er. And there's a lot of blood and a lot of murdering."

He was then asked (and possible spoiler?) if he was looking forward to the scene from the "Kick-Ass 2" comic where Red Mist murders a dog: "That's horrible! If I'm playing my character, you know, it's got to happen. But I don't know if that's going to be in the movie specifically."

When he was told that Mark Millar confirmed it to be in the film he said, "Kick-Ass 2 going to be rated X. NC-17."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:05 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Kick-Ass 2's New Villain

Director Jeff Wadlow casting Mother Russia now.

by Scott Collura

July 18, 2012

While Kick-Ass 2 is expected to feature the return of the villainous Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse) from the first film, expect some new baddies to pop up as well. Like Mother Russia, RM's bodyguard from the comic, for example.

Mother Russia

Moviehole reports that the character will appear in director Jeff Wadlow’s sequel, with casting directors currently looking for an "extremely tall, large, fit” 25- to 40-year-old woman to fill the role.

Here's more on the character from those casting notices: "Classic Villain. An ex-KBG officer who is now being paid by the week by [Red Mist] to fight in his group -- she is easily the most skilled and just a ruthless killer in general. Described as a ‘roided-out female bodybuilder, she needs to be extremely physically imposing and muscular, though still come across as feminine. As tall as possible (6ft and over only). Indicate height on submission.”

Mintz-Plasse also mentioned at Comic-Con this weekend that shooting begins on the film in September.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:20 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

John Leguizamo Joins Kick-Ass 2

by SuperHeroHype

July 30, 2012

Deadline reports that John Leguizamo has joined the cast of Jeff Wadlow's Kick-Ass 2.

The site says that "In The Counselor, he’ll play a low level drug dealer, in a Cormac McCarthy-scripted film that stars Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt, Penelope Cruz and Cameron Diaz. In Kick-Ass 2, he’ll play Javier, the bodyguard assigned to protect aspiring evil guy Red Mist, the role to be reprised by Christopher Mintz-Plasse. Aaron Johnson and Chloe Moretz are back along with Nicolas Cage."

There is no release date yet for the sequel.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:38 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Donald Faison Eyes Kick-Ass 2

by SuperHeroHype

August 08, 2012

Donald Faison ("Scrubs," Skyline) is in talks to join the cast of Universal Pictures' Kick-Ass 2, Deadline reports. He'd play Justice Forever superhero team member Doctor Gravity.

Claiming to be a physics professor who invented a device called the "Gravity Pole," Doctor Gravity is really a costumed college student who carries a baseball bat covered in tin foil. He becomes an ally of Kick-Ass as part of a JLA/Avengers style super-team.

Adapting the Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr. comic, the sequel will be directed by Never Back Down helmer Jeff Wadlow and will feature a script by Vaughn.

A September start is being eyed for the film, which will have Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz and Christopher Mintz-Plasse reprising their roles along with a new part for John Leguizamo.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:42 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Kick-Ass 2 Gets a Banner

by SuperHeroHype

August 08, 2012

It was posted to the official Kick-Ass Facebook page a few days ago and then mysteriously disappeared, but now it's back. The banner for Kick-Ass 2 doesn't do much other than add on to the original lettering, but it does give us a glimpse into the hopeful future of the film as it simply states "2013." Take a look at it below and keep an eye here for anything new about the sequel.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:13 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Yancy Butler Returns For Kick-Ass 2

by SuperHeroHype

August 09, 2012

Yancy Butler, who played Angie D'Amico, the mother of Christopher Mintz-Plasse's Red Mist in the original Kick-Ass, will return for the sequel, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Adapting the Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr. comic, the sequel will be directed by Never Back Down helmer Jeff Wadlow and will feature a script by Matthew Vaughn.

A September start is being eyed for the film, which will have Mintz-Plasse, Aaron Johnson and Chloe Moretz reprising their roles along with new parts for John Leguizamo and Donald Faison.

Butler is well-known to comic book fans outside of Kick-Ass. She starred as cop-turned-superhero Sara Pezzini in the short-lived "Witchblade" television series.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:10 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jim Carrey Sought for Kick-Ass 2

by SuperHeroHype

August 20, 2012

Though still far from a sure thing, Deadline is reporting that Universal Pictures is attempting to court Jim Carrey, a self-professed fan of Matthew Vaughn's original, for their Kick-Ass 2. He'd play the part of Colonel Stars, a military-themed superhero who founds the super-team Justice Forever.

If he signs on, Carrey will join Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, John Leguizamo, Donald Faison, Robert Emms, Yancy Butler and Morris Chestnut in the adaptation of the Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr. comic.

The sequel will be directed by Never Back Down helmer Jeff Wadlow and will feature a script by Vaughn.

Carrey, who last appeared on the big screen in Mr. Popper's Penguins, is slated to star opposite Steve Carell in the upcoming comedy The Incredible Burt Wonderstone.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:14 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Mark Millar on the Fights in Kick-Ass 2

by SuperHeroHype

August 21, 2012

Mark Millar has been chatting about Kick-Ass 2 on his forums at Millarworld.tv. He describes the pre-viz of some of the fight scenes in the post below!

So much prep goes into a movie and - as a novice - I'm constantly surprised how much. Jeff was spoken to eighteen months back, commissioned to write screenplay by Matthew almost a year ago and even though we're not shooting until 10th September all the fight scenes have been worked out by the stunt teams now for several weeks.

We're all based in different countries and so most of this stuff gets viewed remotely. It means we can see costumes and set designs and so on as well as instantly view the daily castings happening in LA, Toronto and London. But the most fun is the pre-viz or pre-visualisations for the fight scenes. These are actually cut like movies and with a temp track, uncostumed stunt-people in the place of the characters and wearing wires and helmets doing the scenes we're going to love in June next year.

My favourite costume I saw this morning is The Colonel's dog. A big dog in a mask. But am torn between the Hit-Girl and Mother Russia fight and the scene with Hit-Girl fighting the super-villains on the roof of the moving van. Both are just mind-blowing. But the Mother Russia fight is going to be one of the most brutal and epic battles in cinema. Think how good Mindy is and then multiply it to 300 pounds of female muscle just pounding her and using every weapon you can imagine in the midst of that big final battle.

This looks amazing with the stunt team and a temp. Imagine what it's going to look like with the actors, Jeff's direction, Eddie's edits and a final soundtrack. I'm really, really excited. Just finishing off The Secret Service #5 today and getting back into Kick-Ass 3 tomorrow. Want to get as much work done in next 2 weeks as possible before the whole show really kicks off.

The June 28, 2013 release stars Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, John Leguizamo, Donald Faison, Robert Emms and Morris Chestnut.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:16 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Lindy Booth Up for Kick-Ass 2 Role

by SuperHeroHype

August 21, 2012

Lindy Booth is in talks to join the cast of Kick-Ass 2, says a story at The Hollywood Reporter. She would take on the role of pole-wielding Justice Forever team member Night broogle in the Universal Pictures sequel.

Booth, best known for roles in Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead and Rob Schmidt's Wrong Turn, has appeared recently in a number of television guest appearances, including on "Warehouse 13" and "Fairly Legal."