Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: MattyCollector.com Subscription Renewal Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:39 pm 
5" Scale

Received my box today, both figures look great.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:07 am 
my tummy itches

Location: Kegworth, just around the corner from Gotham, England
Got an email today to say my sub is in an inactive state. Called up to be told this means cancelled.

Turns out after talking to them twice they still tried to take payment from my expired card (after charging the correct card last month, and confirming that the correct card number is the one they hold for me).

They've now requested to re-open my sub, and I need to wait 5-7 days to find out if the request was successful.

I other words, I may be looking for an Atrocitus if anyone has one they don't want :(

Jo
fed up

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:57 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Just re-checked the status of my package delivery (both through newgistics :roll: and through the USPS ala Jim's suggestion)...

I'm getting my package TODAY!

7 days after the day of sale and the box will be in my hands. By far the fastest turnaround I have ever gotten from a Matty.com sale (still, not even in the realm of competitive with other etailers but then what about Matty is?)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:01 am 
We're going streaking!

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Just re-checked the status of my package delivery (both through newgistics :roll: and through the USPS ala Jim's suggestion)...

I'm getting my package TODAY!

7 days after the day of sale and the box will be in my hands. By far the fastest turnaround I have ever gotten from a Matty.com sale (still, not even in the realm of competitive with other etailers but then what about Matty is?)

Mine should be awaiting me when I get home today too. I can't wait to open the Green Lion (and inspect everything for quality).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:11 pm 
declined to be a vampire

you_will_forget wrote:
Got an email today to say my sub is in an inactive state. Called up to be told this means cancelled.

Turns out after talking to them twice they still tried to take payment from my expired card (after charging the correct card last month, and confirming that the correct card number is the one they hold for me).

They've now requested to re-open my sub, and I need to wait 5-7 days to find out if the request was successful.

I other words, I may be looking for an Atrocitus if anyone has one they don't want :(

Jo
fed up

So if you have an inactive (or closed) card they'll cancel it?

Wonderful.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:14 pm 
serves the Otter

My credit card on file with them will be expiring in November. The card # will stay the same, but I'll get a new one after Nov with a new expiration date. I'm dreading the crap I'm going to have to put up with in updating that with Matty to make sure they don't cancel my subscription too. Ugh...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:56 pm 
We're going streaking!

shabbyblue wrote:
My credit card on file with them will be expiring in November. The card # will stay the same, but I'll get a new one after Nov with a new expiration date. I'm dreading the crap I'm going to have to put up with in updating that with Matty to make sure they don't cancel my subscription too. Ugh...

Well, you should receive a new credit card before November, so you will have time to go onto Matty.com and update your card information. Not saying you won't have any problems -- I was fortunate enough in the same situation last year to have no issues -- but you will have an opportunity to update your account before your card-on-file actually expires.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:21 am 
my tummy itches

That's what I did, but sadly it hasn't worked.

My situation is slightly different though, as opposed to being just a renewal card.

Basically, I bought the Sub last July with my Credit Card (card 1), knowing that the company had been taken over and that I would have a new card (card 2) with a different number and technically from a different bank by the time Jay was originally due out. I had card 2 in December and changed my stored details in January. I rang up in March and they confirmed that they had card 2 on file for me and that my sub would be charged to that card.

Jay was correctly (well, ignoring the additional $5) charged to card 2 without any fuss, but then I got the message to say they'd tried to charge card 1 for Atrocitus and Metron. I emailed and was told to call, then spoke to Lisette (not sure on the spelling) on 14th June who confirmed that they had card 2 and would be charging it in the next few days.

Followed by the "inactive" message yesterday. I spoke to Mal and she said she would have to request that the sub got re-opened, but then confirmed again that they have card 2 set against the sub.

The moral of the story seems to be to make sure that you have and use a card that isn't going to expire until after that year's sub finishes.

Luckily for the 2013 sub, card 2 doesn't expire until 2014...

Jo
why can't they just use Paypal? Then they wouldn't need to deal with peoples' cards changing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:39 am 
PVC

I paid my initial sub fee with card 1. The card number was stolen (most likely when pumping gas) and abused so I blocked it. Got a new card and DR can't continue the sub because they want to charge card 1, which is blocked. I have to return Jay and start a new sub with card 2 :?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:11 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

You Will Forget, I'm in the EXACT same situation. My card expired on June 14th, literally ONE DAY before the stupid sale. Sigh.

I called them and updated it last Wednesday, thought it was taken care of. I wait a week for shipment confirmation. Nothing happened.

I call. It was like my entire conversation last Wed had never happened. Now I'm in the same situation you are, waiting the 5-7 days to make sure it all goes through.

What's REALLY frustrating is that they have my new CC on file on the site and I've been using it to buy various MOTUC items for months.

Why couldn't they just switch it automatically to cover the damn sub?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:26 am 
my tummy itches

Shellhead wrote:
You Will Forget, I'm in the EXACT same situation. My card expired on June 14th, literally ONE DAY before the stupid sale. Sigh.

I called them and updated it last Wednesday, thought it was taken care of. I wait a week for shipment confirmation. Nothing happened.

I call. It was like my entire conversation last Wed had never happened. Now I'm in the same situation you are, waiting the 5-7 days to make sure it all goes through.

What's REALLY frustrating is that they have my new CC on file on the site and I've been using it to buy various MOTUC items for months.

Why couldn't they just switch it automatically to cover the damn sub?

I know, it's a nightmare.

I've never had this trouble with other retailers I've used here or in the states.

I had an email over the weekend asking me to confirm all my details, so hopefully something is happening. Just stuck at having to wait and see at the moment...

Jo
trying to be hopeful

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:06 am 
my tummy itches

Ok, things are looking a bit up.

I've had an email from Matty thanking me for my order for Metron, and another for Starman and Rocket Red.

My card is also showing about £50 pending.

My only concern at the moment is that I've not had anything regarding Atrocitus, but I'm waiting until the transactions finish processing before I contact them about him.

Jo
*fingers crossed*

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:24 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I'm in the exact same boat. Looks like the subs back online and Metron will be coming.

But Atrocitus?

No word. :evil:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:56 am 
shirtless hugger

Got my sub box today! Metron is awesome. Atrocitus, on the other hand...

Uh...what?

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:04 am 
5" Scale

:lol: Seems even Jay thought it was a lame figure too :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next