Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hot Wheels 1:50 Batmobile Series - Will There Be More?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:34 am 
We're going streaking!

FYI, Barnes & Noble has these in their Batman display. $8.99 each, IIRC.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:28 pm 
Cold-cast

talosman wrote:
DarthPhoenix wrote:
It's not the Bat Tank it's the Tumbler again, Mattel reissued both the camo (Batman Begins) and black (Dark Knight) versions the only new one is the 1940's batmobile which is on ebay already http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-WHEELS-2012-BATMAN-CASE-B-40s-BATMAN-BATMOBILE-NEW-RARE-VHTF-/150840753965?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item231ecf3f2d
We are only getting 4 new 1:50 scales this year 66 Batcopter, 1989 Penguin Duck, 1940's, and 1980's Batmobiles. No other new vehicles listed yet. :?

The reply from BBTS...

"Unfortunately, the text is all that we were given by the manufacturer. It may be from the Graphic novel or possibly the upcoming animated feature (which should be the same design). I don't believe that it will be from the Dark Knight Rises, though."

CASE B has only one new car, 1940's the rest are reissues from past waves. Case C has only 2 new cars (1980's and Dark Knight returns and are both blue), the rest are reissues from past waves. You can get the batpod, camoflage tumbler and dark knight tumbler in a tru 3 pack. You can also get the batwing, 89 keaton battle damaged (new by means of painted battle damage), and batboat in a tru 3 pack and a superfriends, 1966 chrome (same as the black in series a singles but chrome) and comic batmobile also in a tru 3 pack. So the Tru 3 packs are basically all reissues except for the 1966 chrome and 89 keaton battle damage. These were like $4.99-$7.99 depending on where you bought them. Now they are like $7.99-$9.99.

The comic (since the line began), 1966, keaton 89, camoflage and DK tumblers, the batpod and the armored batmobile were all peg warmers. The worst being both tumblers, 1966 (since the line began and later they added a trailer hitch), armored, 1966 bike (since the line began) and boat being (since the line began) the worst. They clogged pegs like nothing i had ever seen and even at serious sale prices no one wanted them. This is why tru may not carry them. They had a nightmare with these just like walmart did with the GL 2 packs and YJ exclusives. The case packs were awful and as well as their selections. They just kept chocking the cases and pegs with the worst offenders. They all got pretty fantastic distribution because they kept repeating them but it was slow and frustrating, except for the last wave but online prices were par with retail (there were still honest online retailers who did not scalp price their stuff). and all of the cars from the last wave are being repeated again. The line eventually died as collector's got fed up and just vanished with no word. They haven't even updated their page on their site yet with the new stuff.

The TRU pack with both tumblers and batpod is the worst. Camo tumbler is not even a bat car. They should have done batpod (sdcc style without mini batman), TDK tumbler and the TDKR batwing. This would have been a better pack or they should have released the TDKR batwing as a single instead of the armored batmobile.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:29 pm 
Cold-cast

TRDouble wrote:
FYI, Barnes & Noble has these in their Batman display. $8.99 each, IIRC.

If you look at ebay several folks got all 4 for less then $7.99 retail shipped. The prices did plummet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:37 pm 
We're going streaking!

I must have seen a return swapout when I saw the TRU set with the '66 Batmobile. The one I saw was black, and not chrome. I doubt that I spend the money for it anyway; that money would be better put towards the SDCC Exclusive with Batgirl's cycle.

I see what of the new ones I can pre-order...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:25 pm 
Cold-cast

TRDouble wrote:
I must have seen a return swapout when I saw the TRU set with the '66 Batmobile. The one I saw was black, and not chrome. I doubt that I spend the money for it anyway; that money would be better put towards the SDCC Exclusive with Batgirl's cycle.

Yes, for sure it is. How do these people get away with this? They always examine every seam and still insist it has been open because they see tape from the manufacturer. Not until they get others to compare. So how does this even freakin' happen?????? Also how dumb is HW to release the black version single at the same time as chrome. They are just begging for this to happen.

The SDCC Batgirl cycle set also virtual peg warmed for such a long time frigging time. They even had a couple of sales that didn't move it. So be careful what you pay online for it.

Check this ass hat's listing out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-WHEELS-2012-BATMAN-1940s-BATMOBILE-TARGET-EXCLUSIVE-/140780832122?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item20c731057a

Unfreakin believable!! First these are not exclusive and second the BIN

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:11 pm 
Brand Manager

Zim wrote:
TRDouble wrote:

Yes, for sure it is. How do these people get away with this? They always examine every seam and still insist it has been open because they see tape from the manufacturer. Not until they get others to compare. So how does this even freakin' happen?????? Also how dumb is HW to release the black version single at the same time as chrome. They are just begging for this to happen.

The SDCC Batgirl cycle set also virtual peg warmed for such a long time frigging time. They even had a couple of sales that didn't move it. So be careful what you pay online for it.

Check this ass hat's listing out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-WHEELS-2012-BATMAN-1940s-BATMOBILE-TARGET-EXCLUSIVE-/140780832122?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item20c731057a

Unfreakin believable!! First these are not exclusive and second the BIN

Ummmm have yoy seen all their other listings? I think its a typo because they are not asking crazy prices for anything else or maybe they honestly think its like super rare. I am just curious to know if they honestly found it at Target? I am hoping someone else picks the line up,not Barnes and Noble but WM or TRU heck even KMART lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:46 pm 
Cold-cast

PBateman wrote:

Ummmm have yoy seen all their other listings? I think its a typo because they are not asking crazy prices for anything else or maybe they honestly think its like super rare. I am just curious to know if they honestly found it at Target? I am hoping someone else picks the line up,not Barnes and Noble but WM or TRU heck even KMART lol

No. But they only have this one batman car which is strange and one would see other listings before listing, i should think. If they did this then they would know its not an exclusive.

I asked someone at TRU and they told me they are not getting stuff like this in until like Late July-August as they are focused on other things. Which i understand as all the movie toy lines. Yes, i do agree i hope all big box carries it including B&N. Not fan of Kmart though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:02 pm 
We're going streaking!

I picked up the 1940s Batmobile at Target this evening. They had all of Series 5 on the pegs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:23 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I was just at Shop-Rite and they had a Hot Wheels 1:50 scale display. I picked up the 40's batmobile, Forever Batmobile and Tumbler. They had the whole batcopter wave and the camp tumbler as well. They were $5.99 each. $4.99 with a price plus card.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:16 pm 
Brand Manager

PJ wrote:
I was just at Shop-Rite and they had a Hot Wheels 1:50 scale display. I picked up the 40's batmobile, Forever Batmobile and Tumbler. They had the whole batcopter wave and the camp tumbler as well. They were $5.99 each. $4.99 with a price plus card.

Um $5 each ! I need 2 1940s batmobiles you need any older releases for trade by chance ? Either way that thing is awesome ! Loving the Batmobile love from Mattel lately.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:56 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Anyone else notice the header on that display?
The Batman, Batman Brave and the Bold, Batman Arkham Asylum,
maybe preview of future releases?
:wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:05 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I think that header refers to the smaller Batman Hot wheels.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:42 am 
PVC

The latest email from Hot Wheels show The Bat as a sneak peek, but the link go to another thing.

The email subject is "HWC and RLC Members: HWC Original 16 Beatnik Bandit On July 3"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:03 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Hi everybody,

I am new here and have just a quick question. I do have all vehicles from wave 1 up to now of the 1:50 line, at least I thought I had.

Please look at this link

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/showroom/productline/bat/#

click on the images. It seems there are two different 1966 Batboats as well as two different 1989 Batmobiles in this line.

Can somebody here please enlighten me if there are indeed two versions of those vehicles?

Thank you very much,

M

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

talosman wrote:
The latest email from Hot Wheels show The Bat as a sneak peek, but the link go to another thing.

The email subject is "HWC and RLC Members: HWC Original 16 Beatnik Bandit On July 3"

I did not get that mail, although I am registered. Does anybody have the sneak peek?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next