Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:35 am 
my tummy itches

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Universe-JLU ... 500wt_1182.

I was wondering if one of you won it. I really hope so. 255$ is a steal for that figure!

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:51 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

You're kidding right?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:02 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

:?:
Have we actually seen one go for more than $255? Either way I'm not quite so sure that it was a steal at that price.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:10 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Steal? rofl....

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:12 am 
Aspires to be #1

A steal? It was overpriced by about 200 dollars if you ask me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:23 am 
my tummy itches

It is worth at least 300$. A nd........ none of you answered my question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isnt that an alright price for that figure?

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:46 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
It is worth at least 300$. A nd........ none of you answered my question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isnt that an alright price for that figure?

A. Based on what source or sources did you get that $300 figure?
B. I think you can safely assume that it wasn't any of us that bought Volcana based on our replies.
C. No, I don't think that price is alright.
D. Going back to "A" and my previous question, have we seen one go for more than $255 before?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:07 am 
my tummy itches

okay then:

a. after it was announced it wasnt going to be made i talked to a few people and they said it was at least going to be worth 300 now.
b. well it was adressed to EVERYONE. Even the person that bought it. They may not have commented yet.
c. well why not? there is only like ten out there. even if it is only a figure.
d. it might have. I really havent kept track. I feel comfortable with that price. now that its " official" it wont get made.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:10 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

That's overpriced. If I didn't have it I wouldn't pay that much money for it. Years ago when I got mine off eBay it cost me 30 bucks including shipping. I think anything over a hundred dollars for that figure is completely ridiculous. It can't be THAT rare. Angel keeps findin' 'em! :D

I also want to thank you KallibakVunderbar for waiting until AFTER the auction ended to post this. Most people who post about eBay auctions aren't that considerate. You rock!

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:13 am 
Aspires to be #1

It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. 300 is way too much for me and I've seen a pretty good amount of these on eBay so I don't think it's super rare either. Plus, you could get a translucent hair casting, put it on a Volcana head and have the same thing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:14 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Evidently with 32 bids split between 9 bidders there are some people who feel it was worth it.

If I collected JLU and didn't have her in my collection and had no chance of coming across one... I'd probably pay 200-225 but that would probably be it.

Is it worth that? There's no way to be sure. Price guides are set based on what items sell for. This is the second Volcana I have seen on eBay. I believe the last one sold for 190 or something close to that. So I would have to say Volcanna's current price is set around $207.50...

However is it worth it's price is the question? I imagine it depends on what side of the fence you sit on.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:17 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Especially for a figure that is just a prototype basically. Personally I never understood the whole "It was made but never released so it's rare mindset" as I don't consider it part of the line but to each their own. I'd think a better purchase is a regular Volcana for $100-125 if I recall about what they are going for.

I would never pay more for a variant than a regular figure but I'm just not that into variants and some people are.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:20 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Wait, this was for the translucent Volcana? Never mind. That's a fair price since it will never be released. I just can't imagine spending that kind of money on REGULAR Volcana.

But I personally don't want it. If it isn't an official release it's pretty much a glorified custom and you can get those for a lower price. Plus, they're stolen merchandise and I don't want to get involved in that either.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:42 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
okay then:

a. after it was announced it wasnt going to be made i talked to a few people and they said it was at least going to be worth 300 now.
Just because a few people said it was going to be worth that much doesn't necessarily mean anything. Really just because some of say it isn't worth that much doesn't really mean much either. To each his own.

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
b. well it was adressed to EVERYONE. Even the person that bought it. They may not have commented yet.
Yeah but you said none of the people that had responded up to that point had answered your question. Yeah obviously the guy could still be out there but he hadn't responded yet.
Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
c. well why not? there is only like ten out there. even if it is only a figure.
I just don't see it. Again to each his own. I'm also pretty sure there are more than 10 of these in existence.
Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
d. it might have. I really havent kept track. I feel comfortable with that price. now that its " official" it wont get made.
Maybe it has. I don't really know the answer to that one myself. Maybe someone else has seen it for this price or more. I just haven't seen it myself.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:42 am 
Aspires to be #1

The 9 bidders and the number of bids is a little misleading. Once it passed 100 bucks it was essentially 3 or 4 people bidding and one guy bid 16 times.