Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:12 am 
User avatar
Disney is not his cup of tea
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 2796
j1h15233 wrote:
The 9 bidders and the number of bids is a little misleading. Once it passed 100 bucks it was essentially 3 or 4 people bidding and one guy bid 16 times.

Well that ought to tell you something. Biding to increase your highest bid. If this figure wasn't worth anything it wouldn't have gone for this much. Every Volcana (this includes normal ones) break 100 and the previous translucent I saw almost broke 200.

I'm going to say this is probably the going rate. Just because a handful of us here won't pay that doesn't change that would-be fact. Like with 6" Avengers figures. We can see what the going rate is, just some won't pay that but there's a whole world that is.

_________________
Trading Scores: +16
+4 Bunger43, +1 alcinde4, +1 An-Gel Sakur, +5 ProfessorK, +1 Nonnahir, +1 Toyman, +1 Justice Freak, +1 bnjmnrlyr, +1 Jim_Abell
My eBay Feedback


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:51 am 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 1593
The original poster referred to it as being a good deal and that's where I disagree at this point. This is personally the 1st one I recall seeing go for quite this much. Even if a few of them had gone for $300 recently I'm still not sure I'd call $255 a steal. It would be different if there were some that went for about $500 or more. That's really more my argument.

I guess you could say that the price seems sort of logical if you consider what "Retail Volcana" goes for on Ebay. "Translucent Volcana" is much rarer than "Retail Volcana" so if we've seen "Retail Volcana" go for $100+
I can see "Translucent Volcana" going for roughly $200.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:08 pm 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12566
Location: College Station, TX
Van Statten wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
The 9 bidders and the number of bids is a little misleading. Once it passed 100 bucks it was essentially 3 or 4 people bidding and one guy bid 16 times.

Well that ought to tell you something. Biding to increase your highest bid. If this figure wasn't worth anything it wouldn't have gone for this much. Every Volcana (this includes normal ones) break 100 and the previous translucent I saw almost broke 200.

I'm going to say this is probably the going rate. Just because a handful of us here won't pay that doesn't change that would-be fact. Like with 6" Avengers figures. We can see what the going rate is, just some won't pay that but there's a whole world that is.


What it tells me is that 20-30 people in the world are willing to bid on Volcana and when they do they drive the price way higher than it needs to be. I got one off eBay and certainly didn't break 100.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:12 pm 
User avatar
my tummy itches
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:13 am
Posts: 497
Location: Syracuse, NY
I guess. It's not really an amazing deal. I just thought based on my sources opinion of the price, that this was an okay price.

_________________
- your friend Kalibak :)

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:09 pm 
User avatar
Disney is not his cup of tea
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 2796
But the price being driven up also has to be taken into account. This is how value and price of most things are taken into account.

I think whakojacko1976 made the most sense with needing more with a final sale price to determine value.

I don't agree this was a steal. I think this was average and maybe even a bit more than average for price for such an item.

Heck, I can't even tell she's translucent in the pictures. When I think Translucent I think.... 'see through'

I got a Gleek for $13.99, that was a steal but also a fluke since the eBay market has been flooded with them recently so bad example but just because one person doesn't break $100 doesn't make them the rule it makes them the exception.

_________________
Trading Scores: +16
+4 Bunger43, +1 alcinde4, +1 An-Gel Sakur, +5 ProfessorK, +1 Nonnahir, +1 Toyman, +1 Justice Freak, +1 bnjmnrlyr, +1 Jim_Abell
My eBay Feedback


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:38 pm 
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:31 pm
Posts: 442
Well i guess for an unreleased volcana with eybebrows, it depends on how much it hurts your wallet. I don't understand why they could not have released her in the final 6. I hope there is a customizer out there who can make one and offer it people, i would go for that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:55 pm 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 1593
Zim wrote:
I don't understand why they could not have released her in the final 6.

I not so sure she won't be squeezed in there somehow. I know Mattel has said no but I've heard that before only to see them do something anyhow.

Zim wrote:
I hope there is a customizer out there who can make one and offer it people, i would go for that.

There are guys out there that can do that. In fact Stew was making translucent head sculpts for Volcana.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:55 pm 
User avatar
Resin
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:38 am
Posts: 358
Location: Pennsylvania
I didnt bid on it, I watched it to see where it went and it went too high for me lol Id like the figure and I could probably see 2 bills for it but not beyond that. J1's right you can find Volcana for decent prices now and then. Im living proof of that as I went from no Volcana to more than 1 but less than 6 ;) since the new yr started and I didnt pay $255 for all them in total. Now isnt a good time to buy as the "rarer" JLUs have been going for some wicked crazy numbers over the past month. The SSII and Legends of the League figures are all going for $15-$20 more than they were back in April/ early May. Now seems to be a good time to throw any extras of the "rares" you have up on Ebay if you are looking for a good profit.

On a side note I have a translucent Volcana (whole figure not just head or hair) from Stew and its definitely a choice piece if you are into customs.

_________________
Current JLU Want List: Translucent Hair Volcana/Long Hair-Orange Shirt Aquaman

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image


Last edited by BFantana on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:27 pm 
User avatar
Disney is not his cup of tea
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 2796
BFantana wrote:
Now isnt a good time buy as the "rarer" JLUs have been going for some wicked crazy numbers over the past month.

It was probably the official word of JLU being dead... topped with the finishing of the line with these anticipated esxclusive packs and it has every collector filling in gaps like a crazed fanboy.

_________________
Trading Scores: +16
+4 Bunger43, +1 alcinde4, +1 An-Gel Sakur, +5 ProfessorK, +1 Nonnahir, +1 Toyman, +1 Justice Freak, +1 bnjmnrlyr, +1 Jim_Abell
My eBay Feedback


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:06 pm 
User avatar
my tummy itches
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:13 am
Posts: 497
Location: Syracuse, NY
Yeah it never would've worked well in the packs. And I guess that is a terrible deal. I got 7.99 for my retail volcana. And J1, you bought your figure before it was announced it wouldn't get made. Therefore that's the reasoning behind your < 100 deal.

_________________
- your friend Kalibak :)

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:19 pm 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12566
Location: College Station, TX
Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
Yeah it never would've worked well in the packs. And I guess that is a terrible deal. I got 7.99 for my retail volcana. And J1, you bought your figure before it was announced it wouldn't get made. Therefore that's the reasoning behind your < 100 deal.


No I didn't.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:25 pm 
User avatar
my tummy itches
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:13 am
Posts: 497
Location: Syracuse, NY
it was always unreleased, but you had that for a while. we only found out what last figures were going to be made in at least mid to late february.

_________________
- your friend Kalibak :)

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:15 pm 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12566
Location: College Station, TX
Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
it was always unreleased, but you had that for a while. we only found out what last figures were going to be made in at least mid to late february.


I'm glad you're a genie now, but I bought my Volcana at the end of March. That was well after we knew Volcana wouldn't be released.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:16 pm 
User avatar
active in the community
Offline

Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 12:32 pm
Posts: 99
Location: philly,pa.
j1h15233 wrote:
Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
it was always unreleased, but you had that for a while. we only found out what last figures were going to be made in at least mid to late february.


I'm glad you're a genie now, but I bought my Volcana at the end of March. That was well after we knew Volcana wouldn't be released.

Right place,right time sometimes with these auctions.Another reason why auctions are not posted here to unnecessarily drive up those bidding amounts.To whomever scored this beauty,enjoy.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:49 am 
User avatar
my tummy itches
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:13 am
Posts: 497
Location: Syracuse, NY
I'm glad you're a genie now, but I bought my Volcana at the end of March. That was well after we knew Volcana wouldn't be released.[/quote]
Right place,right time sometimes with these auctions.Another reason why auctions are not posted here to unnecessarily drive up those bidding amounts.To whomever scored this beauty,enjoy.[/quote]


Hahaha! no i thought it was sometime around there. I wasnt absolutely positive i just remembered you had had it for a few months. :mrgreen:

_________________
- your friend Kalibak :)

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.082s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]