Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:12 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

j1h15233 wrote:
The 9 bidders and the number of bids is a little misleading. Once it passed 100 bucks it was essentially 3 or 4 people bidding and one guy bid 16 times.

Well that ought to tell you something. Biding to increase your highest bid. If this figure wasn't worth anything it wouldn't have gone for this much. Every Volcana (this includes normal ones) break 100 and the previous translucent I saw almost broke 200.

I'm going to say this is probably the going rate. Just because a handful of us here won't pay that doesn't change that would-be fact. Like with 6" Avengers figures. We can see what the going rate is, just some won't pay that but there's a whole world that is.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:51 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

The original poster referred to it as being a good deal and that's where I disagree at this point. This is personally the 1st one I recall seeing go for quite this much. Even if a few of them had gone for $300 recently I'm still not sure I'd call $255 a steal. It would be different if there were some that went for about $500 or more. That's really more my argument.

I guess you could say that the price seems sort of logical if you consider what "Retail Volcana" goes for on Ebay. "Translucent Volcana" is much rarer than "Retail Volcana" so if we've seen "Retail Volcana" go for $100+
I can see "Translucent Volcana" going for roughly $200.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:08 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Van Statten wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
The 9 bidders and the number of bids is a little misleading. Once it passed 100 bucks it was essentially 3 or 4 people bidding and one guy bid 16 times.

Well that ought to tell you something. Biding to increase your highest bid. If this figure wasn't worth anything it wouldn't have gone for this much. Every Volcana (this includes normal ones) break 100 and the previous translucent I saw almost broke 200.

I'm going to say this is probably the going rate. Just because a handful of us here won't pay that doesn't change that would-be fact. Like with 6" Avengers figures. We can see what the going rate is, just some won't pay that but there's a whole world that is.

What it tells me is that 20-30 people in the world are willing to bid on Volcana and when they do they drive the price way higher than it needs to be. I got one off eBay and certainly didn't break 100.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:12 pm 
my tummy itches

I guess. It's not really an amazing deal. I just thought based on my sources opinion of the price, that this was an okay price.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:09 pm 

But the price being driven up also has to be taken into account. This is how value and price of most things are taken into account.

I think whakojacko1976 made the most sense with needing more with a final sale price to determine value.

I don't agree this was a steal. I think this was average and maybe even a bit more than average for price for such an item.

Heck, I can't even tell she's translucent in the pictures. When I think Translucent I think.... 'see through'

I got a Gleek for $13.99, that was a steal but also a fluke since the eBay market has been flooded with them recently so bad example but just because one person doesn't break $100 doesn't make them the rule it makes them the exception.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:38 pm 
Cold-cast

Well i guess for an unreleased volcana with eybebrows, it depends on how much it hurts your wallet. I don't understand why they could not have released her in the final 6. I hope there is a customizer out there who can make one and offer it people, i would go for that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:55 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Zim wrote:
I don't understand why they could not have released her in the final 6.

I not so sure she won't be squeezed in there somehow. I know Mattel has said no but I've heard that before only to see them do something anyhow.

Zim wrote:
I hope there is a customizer out there who can make one and offer it people, i would go for that.

There are guys out there that can do that. In fact Stew was making translucent head sculpts for Volcana.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:55 pm 
Resin

I didnt bid on it, I watched it to see where it went and it went too high for me lol Id like the figure and I could probably see 2 bills for it but not beyond that. J1's right you can find Volcana for decent prices now and then. Im living proof of that as I went from no Volcana to more than 1 but less than 6 ;) since the new yr started and I didnt pay $255 for all them in total. Now isnt a good time to buy as the "rarer" JLUs have been going for some wicked crazy numbers over the past month. The SSII and Legends of the League figures are all going for $15-$20 more than they were back in April/ early May. Now seems to be a good time to throw any extras of the "rares" you have up on Ebay if you are looking for a good profit.

On a side note I have a translucent Volcana (whole figure not just head or hair) from Stew and its definitely a choice piece if you are into customs.

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

Last edited by BFantana on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:27 pm 

BFantana wrote:
Now isnt a good time buy as the "rarer" JLUs have been going for some wicked crazy numbers over the past month.

It was probably the official word of JLU being dead... topped with the finishing of the line with these anticipated esxclusive packs and it has every collector filling in gaps like a crazed fanboy.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:06 pm 
my tummy itches

Yeah it never would've worked well in the packs. And I guess that is a terrible deal. I got 7.99 for my retail volcana. And J1, you bought your figure before it was announced it wouldn't get made. Therefore that's the reasoning behind your < 100 deal.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:19 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
Yeah it never would've worked well in the packs. And I guess that is a terrible deal. I got 7.99 for my retail volcana. And J1, you bought your figure before it was announced it wouldn't get made. Therefore that's the reasoning behind your < 100 deal.

No I didn't.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:25 pm 
my tummy itches

it was always unreleased, but you had that for a while. we only found out what last figures were going to be made in at least mid to late february.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:15 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
it was always unreleased, but you had that for a while. we only found out what last figures were going to be made in at least mid to late february.

I'm glad you're a genie now, but I bought my Volcana at the end of March. That was well after we knew Volcana wouldn't be released.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:16 pm 
active in the community

j1h15233 wrote:
Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:

I'm glad you're a genie now, but I bought my Volcana at the end of March. That was well after we knew Volcana wouldn't be released.

Right place,right time sometimes with these auctions.Another reason why auctions are not posted here to unnecessarily drive up those bidding amounts.To whomever scored this beauty,enjoy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:49 am 
my tummy itches

I'm glad you're a genie now, but I bought my Volcana at the end of March. That was well after we knew Volcana wouldn't be released.[/quote]
Right place,right time sometimes with these auctions.Another reason why auctions are not posted here to unnecessarily drive up those bidding amounts.To whomever scored this beauty,enjoy.[/quote]

Hahaha! no i thought it was sometime around there. I wasnt absolutely positive i just remembered you had had it for a few months. :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next