Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:19 pm 
User avatar
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:48 am
Posts: 2695
Location: Long Island N.Y. USA
Backward Galaxy wrote:
An-Gel Sakura wrote:
My cousin had to buy an entire JLU collection for $1,200.oo to get her for me.
That worked out to be $3.50 a figure.


You have a really nice cousin.

Not as much as you would think. He owes me big time for other things I got him.
He could have gotten 2 for me and he would still owed me. :wink:

_________________
That which does not kill me............BETTER RUN DAMN FAST!
"W" JLU Fire (powered up) & old Volcana
MY SWAP MEET: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=19728
AFi Positive Feedback: +199


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:21 pm 
User avatar
my tummy itches
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:13 am
Posts: 497
Location: Syracuse, NY
Oh I see. Now the truth comes out........ :mrgreen:

_________________
- your friend Kalibak :)

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:36 pm 
User avatar
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:48 am
Posts: 2695
Location: Long Island N.Y. USA
I got him the two rare six-packs at cost, his first Volcana, his wife, baseball cards from 1966 Yankees,
completed his stupid Harley by going to every dealer on the island, just to see him sell it off......etc...

_________________
That which does not kill me............BETTER RUN DAMN FAST!
"W" JLU Fire (powered up) & old Volcana
MY SWAP MEET: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=19728
AFi Positive Feedback: +199


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:40 pm 
User avatar
my tummy itches
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:13 am
Posts: 497
Location: Syracuse, NY
:shock: ...........

_________________
- your friend Kalibak :)

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:15 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:07 pm
Posts: 7
I bought the volcana for my son who collects the line. He already had the solid orange hair version. If anyone has a track suit Batman or the long hair aquaman in green and yellow undies, we'd be interested in getting those too.
Best,
John


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:26 pm 
User avatar
my tummy itches
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:13 am
Posts: 497
Location: Syracuse, NY
I hate to say it, but really I don't think that anyone is gonna put up their teachable batman and aquaman anytime soon. How old is your son? I think that could make a big difference too.

_________________
- your friend Kalibak :)

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:29 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:07 pm
Posts: 7
Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
I hate to say it, but really I don't think that anyone is gonna put up their teachable batman and aquaman anytime soon. How old is your son? I think that could make a big difference too.


He's 11. The volcana was his elementary school graduation gift. What does his age have to do with getting the batman and aquaman? He has all the rest...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:55 pm 
User avatar
my tummy itches
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:13 am
Posts: 497
Location: Syracuse, NY
Just the fact that people might have more remorse for younger collectors, so they may part with their collections for that. How much did you pay for it? they say there is only 22 in existence.

_________________
- your friend Kalibak :)

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:48 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:07 pm
Posts: 7
Cool. I've not seen that number (22). Where did you see that? I paid $255. We won the last auction that you talked about in this thread.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:43 pm 
User avatar
my tummy itches
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:13 am
Posts: 497
Location: Syracuse, NY
Well then. Ding dong! Gosh I thought you said a volcana and not the volcana. Did you bid before or at the last second? I know a Chinese dealer who managed the factory where they were produced. They made 10 testshots for the supposed 6 pack and 12 for the possible singles. When It was announced they weren't getting released, one worker was aloud to take them. He sold 20 to people in the US, and one in a collector in australia and kept one for himself. He sold some originally on eBay and some to private big collectors. Yours probably came from an eBay buyer because the ones he sold to private collectors usually sell theirs with a whole collection. Mine ( soon to be coming ) is coming from a good friend of mine whose cousin bought it as a whole collection. So when he purchased it it probably came from one of the big collectors that had a private deal. It's very interesting. All I have is a tracksuit batman. I acquired that on eBay for 66$ a while ago. Still looking for long haired aquaman or hawkman.

_________________
- your friend Kalibak :)

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:41 pm 
User avatar
Hangin' with the big boys
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 328
An-Gel Sakura wrote:
I got him the two rare six-packs at cost, his first Volcana, his wife, baseball cards from 1966 Yankees,
completed his stupid Harley by going to every dealer on the island, just to see him sell it off......etc...


Sounds like your cousin has a really nice cousin, too. :wink:

_________________
JLU needs: Barda, rare Secret Society & Legends of the League 6-pks, Lobo, Volcana, Cyborg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:42 pm 
User avatar
my tummy itches
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:13 am
Posts: 497
Location: Syracuse, NY
Haha! IKR!!!

_________________
- your friend Kalibak :)

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:24 am 
User avatar
categorically opposed
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2721
Location: Pittsburgh
Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
Well then. Ding dong! Gosh I thought you said a volcana and not the volcana. Did you bid before or at the last second? I know a Chinese dealer who managed the factory where they were produced. They made 10 testshots for the supposed 6 pack and 12 for the possible singles. When It was announced they weren't getting released, one worker was aloud to take them. He sold 20 to people in the US, and one in a collector in australia and kept one for himself. He sold some originally on eBay and some to private big collectors. Yours probably came from an eBay buyer because the ones he sold to private collectors usually sell theirs with a whole collection. Mine ( soon to be coming ) is coming from a good friend of mine whose cousin bought it as a whole collection. So when he purchased it it probably came from one of the big collectors that had a private deal. It's very interesting. All I have is a tracksuit batman. I acquired that on eBay for 66$ a while ago. Still looking for long haired aquaman or hawkman.

You're pulling these numbers completely out of thin air.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:52 am 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12559
Location: College Station, TX
MoMoney wrote:
Kalibakvunderbarr wrote:
Well then. Ding dong! Gosh I thought you said a volcana and not the volcana. Did you bid before or at the last second? I know a Chinese dealer who managed the factory where they were produced. They made 10 testshots for the supposed 6 pack and 12 for the possible singles. When It was announced they weren't getting released, one worker was aloud to take them. He sold 20 to people in the US, and one in a collector in australia and kept one for himself. He sold some originally on eBay and some to private big collectors. Yours probably came from an eBay buyer because the ones he sold to private collectors usually sell theirs with a whole collection. Mine ( soon to be coming ) is coming from a good friend of mine whose cousin bought it as a whole collection. So when he purchased it it probably came from one of the big collectors that had a private deal. It's very interesting. All I have is a tracksuit batman. I acquired that on eBay for 66$ a while ago. Still looking for long haired aquaman or hawkman.

You're pulling these numbers completely out of thin air.


And probably the people too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Trans volcana sold for $255 on ebay!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:22 am 
User avatar
my tummy itches
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:13 am
Posts: 497
Location: Syracuse, NY
No actually IM not. I know people tend to do that but when I was originally bidding on the translucent volcana on eBay I sent the seller a message asking how he got the item. This is the info he gave. I even had to refer back to it when I wrote this. Want more proof? I can give you the name of the seller, the original message and the proof that hes from china.

_________________
- your friend Kalibak :)

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], domu


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.087s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]