Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Would a Return of the Joker Figure Set have been Profita
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:33 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

tuning4k wrote:

You've gotr Luminus in there twice. Is he at the top of your list?

Well he is capable of projecting duplicates of himself so that's probably what that was :D
:wink:

*fixed*
and Volcana is on there as variant in a jacket and dress.

Batman:
and Two Face is there as a repaint.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:59 pm 
Brand Manager

Shellhead wrote:
BB was in the middle in term of quality (altough ROTJ is the BEST Timm movie).

My order, best to worst:

1) JLU
2) New Adventures of Batman
3) Justice League
4) Batman
5) Batman Beyond
6) Superman
7) Static Shock

Skip about 100 spaces

108) Zeta Project

Of course, a lot depends on the season as well. I liked the final season of Superman more than the first season of Batman, and so on. And I liked the episodes of Static where a DC character would guest star better than the typical episdoe of Batman Beyond.

And the Superman episode with Aquaman trumps everything except JLU (and even a good chunk of those). :mrgreen:

See I felt ripped off by the last season of Superman the animated series as it was awesome but short ! But I think I may have been spoiled by so many BTAS episodes and a TNBA
short season. I remeber not liking JL as the 3 part opener just bored me but there are few gems that I think surpass JLU ( Secret Society,Twilight and Only a dream felt so right with all the TNBA and STAS villians).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:13 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

The end of Superman the Animated Series is sort of lame... as it has no conclusion of sorts. Darksied makes the world fearful of Superman and he beats him only to see the power the tyrant holds over his people.

And then it ends.

Unless I'm forgetting the final episode or something?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:03 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Van Statten wrote:
Unless I'm forgetting the final episode or something?

Does "Brainiac Attacks" count?
:roll: :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:14 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

My order:

1. JLU
2. Superman: The Animated Series
3. Justice League
4. Batman: The Animated Series
5. The Zeta Project
6. Static Shock
7. Batman Beyond
8. The New Batman Adventures

For the record, I LOVED Superman's "Legacy". Happy endings are beyond overrated and it was hardly the end of either Superman or Darkseid's story. It actually felt like a real last episode. I loved the hopeful moment at the end too.

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:53 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Count me amongst those who loved Legacy. I remember watching it for the first time, and knowing some of the plot-points. My eyes still bugged out of my head in places. Such terrific drama, finally some clear romance with Lois, Supergirl nearly being killed, Lex with a needle to Superman's head...talk about intense. It really felt like the culmination of several plot points, and was hugely satisfying - and interesting. A lot of finales just feel "by the numbers" because you know what to expect. Since we never had season (or a series) finale for B:TAS/TNBA, this one was a heck of a way to go out (even though they didn't know it was the end).

I'm stunned to see TNBA so low on your list Fone, though I have to admit that back when those episodes were airing, I was really against them as well. The huge shift in style, plus the depictions of Catwoman and Two-Face (my two favs), along with Freeze and Nightwing did not sit so well with me. It's a good thing they kept the same voice cast because if they hadn't, the series wouldn't have fared well at all.

But I still don't know if it's bottom-of-the-list material. Justice League's first season felt really, really stiff and visually flat, in a lot of ways. Season Two was a huge step up, love many of those episodes, but if we're talking Cult of the Cat verses War World...I think my vote has to go to Cult. At least the animation in that was good, and Barbeau's Catwoman is awesome.

Anyhow, back on topic:

Quote:
The really important villans like inque and blight were made. ( I used the BK inque and cut of the clip.

Um, I wouldn't consider having to fill out your collection with Kids Meal toys an ideal way to get A-list villains from these shows. Don't get me wrong, I love me my Jack in the Box Supergirl figure, but you'd think Mattel/Kenner could have made ONE Kara that actually looked that good, instead of three really...um...different ones.

Quote:
That's one more character than Hasbro made while the show was on the air. (Terry, Ace...

Woah, woah, wait...they made Ace the Bat hound? Or Ace the Royal Flush Gang member? I'm totally confused...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:44 pm 
my tummy itches

I actually sold it to An-Gel. It really looks like a figure, only just somewhat cheap. Come on it was a BK toy. :)

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:43 am 
shirtless hugger

They made Ace the Bathound. It was part of a deluxe set. However, the figure has A) no articulation and B) a big honking harness sculpted onto it. It's on my customizing to-do list but I haven't gotten there yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:59 am 
my tummy itches

Yes. Last time I checked they were selling the ACE deluxe pack figure at puzzlezoo. It's been a while, but I'd still check if you wanted one.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:12 am 
shirtless hugger

Bryan Long wrote:
They made Ace the Bathound. It was part of a deluxe set. However, the figure has A) no articulation and B) a big honking harness sculpted onto it. It's on my customizing to-do list but I haven't gotten there yet.

There was an Ace figure included with one of the Batman Beyond figures.

He’s hard to see in this picture, but he is just above and to the right of center with an orange rocket on his back pack. Look just below the orange rocket and you can see his eyes and teeth.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:47 am 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

I think Batman Beyond would sell well in JLU figure style, only
because it's still on TV and the JLU style already has 7 made.
More if you collect & make customs.

Stalker
the DeeDees
Spell Binder
Jack
Curare
Micron
...will be in my updated shot.

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:48 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

DisneyBoy wrote:
I'm stunned to see TNBA so low on your list Fone, though I have to admit that back when those episodes were airing, I was really against them as well. The huge shift in style, plus the depictions of Catwoman and Two-Face (my two favs), along with Freeze and Nightwing did not sit so well with me. It's a good thing they kept the same voice cast because if they hadn't, the series wouldn't have fared well at all.

But I still don't know if it's bottom-of-the-list material. Justice League's first season felt really, really stiff and visually flat, in a lot of ways. Season Two was a huge step up, love many of those episodes, but if we're talking Cult of the Cat verses War World...I think my vote has to go to Cult. At least the animation in that was good, and Barbeau's Catwoman is awesome.

Actually, I love The New Batman Adventures and I loved ALL the DCAU shows. I just loved all of the other ones a little bit more. Maybe other people were doing a Best to Suck list but I was having a hard time merely numbering my favorites. "Critters" may go down in history as the most underrated DCAU episode of all time (along with Batman Beyond's "Speak No Evil") and in general I loved the show. I'm just sad I couldn't put every show at #1!

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:19 am 
my tummy itches

You know what superman episode is underrated is unity. That episode was fantastic.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:54 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Unity is pretty cool, but massive gross, so I don't watch it often. No stomach for it!

I can see Ace's head in that picture, and my mind is blown. Does anyone have another better picture of the pooch? I haven't seen him in anyone's collections anywhere, ever...so this is all news to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:04 am 
Brand Manager

DisneyBoy wrote:
I can see Ace's head in that picture, and my mind is blown. Does anyone have another better picture of the pooch?

Just google Deluxe Neon-Camo Batman. It's that simple.
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&saf ... 05&bih=770

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next