Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Guardians of the Galaxy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:23 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marvel's Kevin Feige Talks Guardians of the Galaxy Movie

by SuperHeroHype

April 13, 2012

In an interview with Marvel Studios president of production Kevin Feige about The Avengers, CraveOnline learned that the Guardians of the Galaxy movie Marvel is planning will be about the modern version of the team, which includes such intergalactic superheroes as Star-Lord, Drax the Destroyer, Gamora, Groot and Rocket Raccoon.

He was asked about which non-sequel projects Marvel Studios was prioritizing at the moment, and said, "I think whether it's Ant-Man, or Dr. Strange, or The Inhumans, or The Guardians of the Galaxy..."

When asked to confirm that the movie would focus on the new team, Feige added: "Yeah. It's more Star-Lord and Drax and Gamora, and less Vance Astro and that team."

You can check out more of Feige's quotes by clicking here.

Post subject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:38 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Booo.... I want Nikki, Charlie, Vance, Aleta, Starhawk, Martinex and Yondu!

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:05 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Yay!!!! I hope we get to see Rocket Raccoon and Groot. The 4-issue Starlord mini-series that spawned the latest version of the GOTG is one of my favorite mini-series ever. They should just make a movie of that story.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:27 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marvel Hinting Towards 2014 GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Film?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:01 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Does THIS Confirm a Guardians of the Galaxy Movie?

by SuperHeroHype

June 25, 2012

The Guardians of the Galaxy film has long been a rumored possibility for the Marvel Studios slate and as far as we're concerned, if they can pull off Thor there's no reason this can't work as a movie too.

This just might be the glimmer of hope that many fans have been wanting...

According to Bleeding Cool, Marvel has filed eleven new trademark applications for Guardians of the Galaxy that includes a wide variety of products like jewelery, drinks, food, furniture, cosmetics, computer games, fabrics, paper goods, and entertainment/internet services.

Seems to us like they wouldn't go to all this trouble if they weren't planning something big.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:04 am 

I still say no unless it's the classic Guardians. I don't care that the new version features Rocket Raccoon. No matter how cool that is, it won't beat the originals in my mind.

And besides, who DOESN'T want to see who they get to fill this costume? :D :D :D

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:39 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Guardians of the Galaxy Movie to be Announced at SDCC?

Cosmic pic reportedly Marvel's 2014 release.

by Jim Vejvoda

June 28, 2012

The rumor mill claims that the futuristic, alien superhero team known as the Guardians of the Galaxy will be revealed at next month's San Diego Comic-Con as Marvel Studios' secretive 2014 release.

The news -- coming just days after it was learned Marvel had registered 11 new trademarks for Guardians of the Galaxy -- is via Latino-Review, who also claim that Thanos (SPOILER: He was briefly seen at the end of The Avengers) will be in it and the events of the movie will lead up to The Avengers 2. The site's source calls the script for Guardians of the Galaxy "incredible," and that the film will most likely borrow from "The Thanos Imperative" storyline.

The site adds fans should "(expect) Nova. There’s got to be a reason that Nova keeps showing up in stuff like Disney’s Ultimate Spider-Man and Marvel’s AvX. He’s not a Guardian per se, but he’s the most recognizable Marvel space character to the all-important 'we’re young and buy toys' demographic."

The Guardians of the Galaxy first appeared in their own title in 1969, with their most recent incarnation starting in 2008. Their current roster includes Star-Lord, Adam Warlock, Drax the Destroyer, Gamora, Phyla-Vell, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, and Mantis. They recently appeared in an episode of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

It should be noted, however, that Latino-Review also recently reported that Black Panther was Marvel's next standalone movie after Captain America 2, which has already been officially announced for a 2014 release. Whatever the case may be, we'll hopefully know come Comic-Con just what Marvel has in store for 2014. The studio announced yesterday that they'll be there to hype Iron Man 3 at Hall H on Saturday, July 14 from 6:00– 7:00pm.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:03 am 

Sigh. Kinda resigned to it, but still doesn't mean I'm happy. I know the new team has its fans, but I grew up on the classic team. And the Korvac saga was one of my favorite storylines growing up. Plus, it'd make for a fantastic tie-in to the second Avengers movie. Guess it's just not meant to be. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:12 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

texgnome1 wrote:
Sigh. Kinda resigned to it, but still doesn't mean I'm happy. I know the new team has its fans, but I grew up on the classic team. And the Korvac saga was one of my favorite storylines growing up. Plus, it'd make for a fantastic tie-in to the second Avengers movie. Guess it's just not meant to be. :(

I'm with you.

Mike
(I'm sure Marvel Studios will do a fantastic job regardless, but yeah, given my druthers I would have preferred classic.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:39 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Marvel's Untitled Movie Gets a New Release Date

by SuperHeroHype

July 03, 2012

The as-of-yet unannounced Marvel film for 2014 has been moved from it's original release date of May 16, 2014 to August 1, 2014.

No word yet still about what the film is though speculation points toward Guardians of the Galaxy. Keep an eye here for more news on this, which will undoubtedly be at this year's San Diego Comic-Con.

The other films Marvel has slated are Iron Man 3 on May 3, 2013, Thor 2 on November 15, 2013 and Captain America 2 on April 4, 2014.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:50 am 

Unless it's one of the biggest red herrings in history, I can't imagine it's NOT this movie. Because I genuinely couldn't care less, who is on the modern team again?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:14 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

texgnome1 wrote:
Unless it's one of the biggest red herrings in history, I can't imagine it's NOT this movie. Because I genuinely couldn't care less, who is on the modern team again?

A quick trip to marvel.com reveals: Rocket Racoon, Bug, Gamora, Groot, Drax, Star-Lord, Major Victory (Vance Astro), Mantis, Martyr, Cosmo the Spacedog, Moondragon, Jack Flag.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:33 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Comic-Con: Guardians of the Galaxy Art, Marvel Logos & Iron Man 3 Site!

by SuperHeroHype

July 14, 2012

Today at its Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con 2012, Marvel Studios announced two upcoming films: Guardians of the Galaxy, coming August 1, 2014, and displayed test footage for the very first time for Ant-Man, to be directed by Edgar Wright.

With the announcement came the reveal of the first concept art for Guardians of the Galaxy by Charlie Wen, as well as logos for both films.

In addition, Marvel Studios announced the official titles to the Thor and Captain America sequels: Thor: The Dark World, in theaters November 8, 2013, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, in theaters April 4, 2014.

Check out the all logos, plus the just-released Iron Man 3 logo, below, and also check out the just-launched official Iron Man 3 site by clicking here.

You can still check out our live blog of the panel here as well.

Click the images for bigger versions!

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:03 am 
Hat Pooper

i want deadpool nm crappy ant man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:18 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

From IGN:

Guardians of the Galaxy Gets a Rewrite

New scribe praised for "quirky comedic bent."

by Scott Collura

August 2, 2012

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy is getting a rewrite by scripter Chris McCoy.

According to Heat Vision, McCoy doesn't have any produced credits in Hollywood yet but he is one of those hot up-and-comers -- he's had three spec scripts wind up on the famed Black List, the annual collection of the "best" unproduced scripts in town.

According to HV, McCoy's scripts have been praised "for their quirky comedic bent." Which, let's face it, sounds just about right for a film that's gonna feature a tree man, a green warrior dude and a talking, gun-toting raccoon.

Nicole Perlman wrote the first draft of the screenplay.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next