Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Voltron Thread: Hunk & Yellow Lion On Sale 4/16
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:22 pm 
We're going streaking!

I just opened my Yellow Lion. I like him because his range of articulation is much better than that of the Red Lion, especially in the legs. BUT...

I just read CaptainCollector's early preview (that I missed before). He mentions a ratcheting neck joint. Now, I can make the Lion look up once and then go up once more to snap it into place for the foot. But that's it. It starts in one down position, goes to a little more than a mid-point up, and then all the way up.

Does anyone elses have more ratchet points that allow for more positions that the Yellow Lions' head can go?

I'll be disappointed if mine is defective, and if it isn't, that was probably the most disappointing part of the lion before I read the review. But overall, it is still a solid toy.

Post subject: Re: The Voltron Thread: Question About The Yellow Lion's Nec
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:02 pm 
5" Scale

mine doenst ratchet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:27 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Mine rotates on a ratchet, sorry if I was unclear describing the motion.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:03 pm 
We're going streaking!

Captain Collector wrote:
Mine rotates on a ratchet, sorry if I was unclear describing the motion.

Ah! Okay, thank you. It was driving me crazy that mine might be broken. Yes, my lion's head rotates on a ratchet fine, so he is good. I do wish they added more points for the up & down motion. Or lowered the mid one that is there. The lion looks a bit silly when standing there and the head is looking way up.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:20 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Mine arrived the other day. Same as yours.

Funny thing is it arrived way faster than my red lion, even though I didn't change my shipping method!

So when is the next lion shipping?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:01 pm 
We're going streaking!

We are on an every 2 month schedule, right? So the next lion should ship in June!

My lion took almost two weeks to arrive. But, unless they changed the charge, they only charged me like $5 for shipping. Weird, but about right since it took so long to arrive :roll:

And I just realized that Voltron and DC Infinite will probably ship on opposite months, so no combined sub shipping for me.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:49 am 
Loose, Missing Package

TRDouble wrote:
And I just realized that Voltron and DC Infinite will probably ship on opposite months, so no combined sub shipping for me.

Unless there's a slip in schedule, DC will be shipping at least one figure per month.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:18 am 
We're going streaking!

Jim_Abell wrote:
TRDouble wrote:

Unless there's a slip in schedule, DC will be shipping at least one figure per month.

Good! I don't know why I thought otherwise. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:00 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I am very pleased with the Yellow Lion, especially the improvement in articulation over the Red Lion. Great job!

Post subject: Re: The Voltron Thread: The Green Lion is Here! Two Left!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:33 pm 
We're going streaking!

I received and opened my Green Lion today. Pidge looks great! The Green Lion is of course similar to the Red Lion, but the design just looks cooler. Instead of being boxy, it has the round edges. Even the ears look nicer. There are some issues though, at least with mine.

First, the cockpit opens way to easily. Touch it wrong and it flies right open, no key needed. And because of the rounded design, that makes it even easier to accidentally open it up. But it does close and stays closed, if not bothered.

Second, the tail does not stay bent. On my Red Lion, I could bend the end of the tail up and it stays there. On the Green Lion, I bend and bend, but the tail always straightens right out. There is no catch for it.

These could both just be issues with my Green Lion, but I would love to hear from others. No deal breakers here, besides thinking that for the money spent on this adult collectible, little things like tails and opening cockpits could have been better discussed at the design phase. It is still a sweet looking piece that should be fine once built into Voltron, but that Green cockpit does worrk me a bit.

Post subject: Re: The Voltron Thread: The Green Lion Is Here! Two More To
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:43 am 
Tis' but a pup

Got my Green Lion too. Pidge has two right feet. I always sell off the lion separately, so I likely can't send it back for a replacement.

Once Voltron is over, I'm done with Mattel.

Post subject: Re: The Voltron Thread: The Green Lion is Here! Two Left!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:42 am 
3 3/4"

TRDouble wrote:
First, the cockpit opens way to easily. Touch it wrong and it flies right open, no key needed. And because of the rounded design, that makes it even easier to accidentally open it up. But it does close and stays closed, if not bothered.

Second, the tail does not stay bent. On my Red Lion, I could bend the end of the tail up and it stays there. On the Green Lion, I bend and bend, but the tail always straightens right out. There is no catch for it.

These could both just be issues with my Green Lion, but I would love to hear from others. No deal breakers here, besides thinking that for the money spent on this adult collectible, little things like tails and opening cockpits could have been better discussed at the design phase. It is still a sweet looking piece that should be fine once built into Voltron, but that Green cockpit does worrk me a bit.

Mine does the same. The cockpit opens on its own easily due to the design. It just needs to sway in one direction or another and it comes unlocked. The others don't have any movement and are secure. It seems to be a flaw in the design. I didn't notice anything with the tail but I didn't fiddle with it much.

I'm not crazy about the lions so I haven't let little issues or lack of detail bother me much, though I haven't had any QC issues with them. What bugs me most is that they're very plain and blah but I write that off to the price point and that it's an online exclusive with low numbers. I know Mattel is trying to get it out as cheap as they can.

The pilots have been great though. Really like them.

Post subject: Re: The Voltron Thread: Pricess Allura & The Blue Lion
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:34 pm 
We're going streaking!

My subscription box arrived yesterday, which included Princess Allura, the Blue Lion and club exclusive Sven. They all look great! I was looking forward to the Blue Lion; the similar Yellow Lion was great and after the disappointing Green Lion, I needed a good bounce back from the Voltron line. Allura came out excellent and we get Sven too!

Now the wait for the Black Lion. I am a little nervous as this is a standalone lion; Red was okay and Green actually got worse; Yellow was great and Blue was too. Hopefully the Black Lion, the most critical when it comes to the overall appearance of the formed Voltron, follows the trend set by the Yellow and Blue lions.

Post subject: Re: The Voltron Thread: Welcome Allura, Sven and the Blue Li
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:26 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I haven't opened mine yet. But Sven in the same box rocks!!

Post subject: Re: The Voltron Thread: Welcome Allura, Sven and the Blue Li
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:40 am 
We're going streaking!

Just to note (and clarify for those that don't have these), Sven comes in the white mailer boxes other Matty stuff comes in, but he is on a card, as opposed to a box like the rest of the team.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next