Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Minimates Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:02 am 
We're going streaking!

I received my Disney Store Exclusive Avengers Minimates the other day. It came from The Marvel Store, which I don't know if they ship separately from the Disney Store shippers (the sticker on boxes said "Marvel Store"), but my one box looked like TRU had packed and shipped it. My Cap has a small paint glob on the top of his should blade that isn't that bad, but will drive me crazy nonetheless because I know it's there, but over all the sets look good. I only opened the Cap, Hulk, Ant-Man and Kang Set (the set with the beat up box), but the two biggies of the set -- Kang and The Grim Reaper -- look fantastic.

Post subject: Displaying Minimates
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:07 am 
We're going streaking!

I have SOOOOOOO many minimates and they are all packed away. I think now would be a good time to pull them out and start displaying them again; at least the Marvel minimates. My biggest issue is keeping them upright.

The holes in Minimate figures are compatible with Lego, correct? So if I buy some Lego grids and plates, I should be able to use them as stands? I also see lots of options at the Lego Store on-line, in case I want to go with a more individual type of stand.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:16 am 
We're going streaking!

Marvel Minimates 10th Anniversary Poll is up (thanks, Front Page :wink: ). Which two do I want?...

Uh, none. They aren't the best choices on that list. Can I get a Falcon or something? I choose Savage Grey Hulk (which isn't a bad choice) and Werewolf Captain America because that could look interesting.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:21 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I went with both Iron Mans.

'Cause I like Iron Man.

:mrgreen:

And yes, the figures are completely compatible with Legos (although not the earliest sets, those don't have pegholes in the feet at all).

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:10 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I voted for both Iron Man armors too. The hydro armor is really the only major/legit comic-based armor that gets no love. I don't think that one has been made by anyone at any scale (maybe it was done in the 5" toybiz lines, and I know there's a Bowen statue, but I don't think there are any other toys of that one).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:56 am 
We're going streaking!

I thought I was doing well with Marvel Minimates. I get the comic ones and skip most of the movie ones (I will skip Spidey again, but I do have a lot of Avengers, including most of the Iron Man movie 'mates). I also have skipped the "Marvel Vs. Capcom" series, since I have most of the Marvel ones already.

But I am always looking for better versions, updates, etc., which can be hard when you haven't really opened one in years, much less displayed them. Well, I started poking arouns and realized that I am missing some good Marvel updates in the MvsC line. Now, I have to go back and get some (a lot?), and I need that Thing from the "Best Of" series too... ugh!

I picked up "Iron Man Vs. Arthur" and "Magneto Vs. Megaman Zero" from Series 1. I may skip "Hulk vs. Haggar" since the body is the same as the "1st App Iron Man & Hulk" set. I'd like the Series 1 Phoenix, but I don't want the whole specialty set; I can live without that Dormamu and Deadpool.

In Series 2, I didn't realize Taskmaster was so different from his first version, so I need to go back and get him too. I will skip "Sentinel & First Appearance Ryu" and maybe "Wolverine & Viewtiful Joe" as I don't see anything special about Wolverine, or Spider-Man either... Pass. I do want that Storm and Super Skrull though, so I may have to get them by default.

From Series 3 , I'd like X-23, She-Hulk and Dr. Doom, and from the TRU assortment, MODAK. I'll have to see Thor in person.

Oh, and I need that Red Hulk from last year's SDCC Set. The original Red Hulk has scrawny arms.

I don't know what I will do with the Capcom minimates.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:19 pm 

xrmc20 wrote:
I voted for both Iron Man armors too. The hydro armor is really the only major/legit comic-based armor that gets no love. I don't think that one has been made by anyone at any scale (maybe it was done in the 5" toybiz lines, and I know there's a Bowen statue, but I don't think there are any other toys of that one).

Other than this one:

You are correct, sir.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:21 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

If anyone is willing to pick up an extra set of the Battle Beasts minimates for my son I would really appreciate it.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:15 pm 
We're going streaking!

It's been quiet in here, as usual, but not because of a lack of product!

I have "Marvel Vs. Capcom" Phoenix on the way, so that catches me up with the Series 1 Marvel characters I wanted from both TRU and Specialty shop releases. I fear I will need to order Series 2 to get Storm and the Super Skrull; I can get the Super Skrull for regular price, but I cannot find Storm for less than $17, so I may as well get the whole set and the updated Wolverine. That will probably hold true for Wave 3. I also still need the SDCC 2011 Box set for the Red Hulk. And I still have no clue what I will do with the Capcom characters.

I still need the "Best Of" wave, but money is being spent elsewhere right now.

TRU Wave 13 is OUT! I believe I now have a completed Classic Line-Up (or line-ups, if we are being completely honest to the book) of the New Mutants! YAY! The rest are good and we really needed an updated Kingpin, but Mirage and Magma were the draws of this wave for me, that had me checking TRU.com a little too obsessively, especially when I first missed them at TRU.

Now for up for pre-order is the very cool Star Trek Enterprise minimate vehicle with exclusive Captain Kirk, who sits in his one seater starship! I would love to one day see a bigger vehicle that holds at least four minimates, done more like the current minimate vehicles than the C3 stuff, but at 10-Inches, I think this is going to be pretty cool! If we could only get that never-made shuttle to go along with this. Ah well! I will take what I can get!

Good stuff from the world of minimates!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:00 pm 
ABS

The only recent Minimate I have bought was The Terminator 2 Damaged Hunter Killer Tank, with Kyle Reese. I only got it for the Reese! I already had the other HK, but its also awesome to have 2!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:07 am 

TRDouble wrote:
TRU Wave 13 is OUT! I believe I now have a completed Classic Line-Up (or line-ups, if we are being completely honest to the book) of the New Mutants! YAY! The rest are good and we really needed an updated Kingpin, but Mirage and Magma were the draws of this wave for me, that had me checking TRU.com a little too obsessively, especially when I first missed them at TRU.

Good stuff from the world of minimates!

I got that Mirage and Magma set as well. It's rare to get two females in the same package, especially two new characters.

Any results on the vote?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:58 am 
We're going streaking!

The SDCC minimate exclusives are a mixed bag. The AvsX set is neat, even though I am not reading that series. I am surprised not to see a second set yet featuring Avengers.

I am not into the Thundercats, but that set looks really well done.

I was just wondering the other day if DST would ever get to Alpha Flight, and lo and behold, a box set! Hopefully, this means more in the future, like they did with The New Mutants. But, there is a major problem: Puck. In a time where DST has really bulked up the Marvel heavy weights, we get a regular-sized Puck. And when they have perfectly good Hobbit minimates too.

Ah well! I will get both Marvel sets and maybe the Thundercats too.

Oh, and there is a Walking Dead two pack too, but I don't collect those.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:47 pm 

I want that Alpha Flight set. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:51 pm 
5" Scale

I think the problem with the Marvel Mates is for whatever reason they seem stuck in one scale or has that changed since I was collecting them heavily? I'm kind of digging the Alpha Flight and Thundercats stuff. Wave 21 was my last full wave I bought. I'm thinking of playing catch up on some of the lines, but the movie lines kind of leave me lukewarm. I like Pepper, Coulson and Hill, but how many Iron Man's, Cap's etc. do I really need?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:47 pm 
We're going streaking!

Marvel minimates are pretty much stuck at one scale. Maybe that has something to do with regular-sized Puck. I don't know. I will still get the set because I love Alpha Flight and they made Marrina!

The Iron Man movie minimates were pretty good overall. I skipped out on the majority of the Cap and Thor sets though, just grabbing what I needed of the main heroes and what I could use for as comic book counterparts (there was a comic Dum Dum with Golden Age Cap and the Thor Sif and Volstagg 2-pack was good).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 40  Next