Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Constantine In the Sub?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:29 am 
Cold-cast

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/fo ... 9291046467

I know a lot of people will complain about such a "boring" figure, but I'll be happy to have him. I just hope they come up with a lot of cool accessories.

Post subject: Re: Constantine In the Sub?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:39 am 
Aspires to be #1

I said it once and I'll say it again. If they send me that figure in the sub, I'm going to burn it. They already forced Swamp Thing down our throats with brightest day, so the last thing I want is those stupid characters in my DC sub.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:54 am 
active in the community

i love my DCD version from years ago. hope they don't go with him for a sub slot.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:01 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

See now I don't have any connection to the character, but I appreciate that the sub is the right place for him. He's a character that wouldn't suit retail but that some adult collectors would want. If I have to get him as he's part of my sub then so be it. I'll either try to sell him on or use the fact that he's using the suit/overcoat buck to make a Commissioner Gordon custom.
I accept that there'll be a few characters that end up in the sub that might not be on my list of wants, but that happened with the retail waves too and as I brought each whole wave from bbts so had to put up with getting characters that I may not have wanted just to complete a c'n'c.

Well see what they have planned next weekend, and if you get him in the sub and don't want him you always have the option to sell it on.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:27 am 
Collector Inspector

That looks pretty cool I guess. Since this is not a retail figure, Maybe Mattel we'll give him a cigarette. Although, his hands don't look like they were made to hold one unless there's a little hole somewhere I can't see.

I'm not dying to get him but It would be cool to put him with my magic characters like Zatanna, Etrigan and Blue Devil and whoever else. Deadman too maybe. I guess they'll probably announce Constantine next week.

Overall, I'm glad I didn't get the sub. So far, an underwhelming figure in my mind (Atrocitus) stuff i don't care about (Black Mask, Starman) and outright junk (Rocket Red). Mirror Master looked great though. I'm going to need Ivy and Platinum! I got to get those.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:11 am 
shirtless hugger

I knew I wouldn't like all the figures in the sub, and this would be one of them that will get tossed in a box with Kamandi.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:19 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Well I'm excited! Had I known this bad boy would have been in this original subscription I would have bought one! This may even be one I keep packaged just for the coolness of the back of the box... that is... if the write up description for the boogledong does him justice.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:16 am 
Resin

Never read anything with him in it, but I'm excited for such a unique universe builder.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:28 am 

My only gripe... yet it is also something which is impressive about the figure is the scar. The scar was recently acquired in the last couple years in his own comic book but I have come to enjoy the return to the early days appearance of him from Justice League Dark. I would love to see two head with this figure. I won't necessarily count it out till I see it boxed, because you never know. Crazier things have happened but after this... I'm done. I don't care what they release, I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride, the one figure I never thought I'd see in DCUC design I finally got! Although, when I saw Swamp Thing at SDCC I figured John had to be around the corner somewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:46 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Ugh.

If I get that in the sub, it'll be the first one I sell. :evil:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:10 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I always expect a couple stinkers in a sub. Luckily (so far) the 2012 DCIE sub doesn't have any figures I would consider stinkers. But Constantine? No effing thanks. Assuming that this is a possibility, I hope there's a market for him, because I'd be selling him off before I ever got him in my hands.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:47 am 
Daniel Pickett

j1h15233 wrote:
I said it once and I'll say it again. If they send me that figure in the sub, I'm going to burn it. They already forced Swamp Thing down our throats with brightest day, so the last thing I want is those stupid characters in my DC sub.

Stupid characters? What's your beef with Swamp Thing and JC? Swamp Thing has been a part of the DCU for 40 years and Constantine almost 30 years. It's not like they are some "flash in the pan" blue lantern or something like that. They have both been in some of the best story arcs in all of DC's history.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:35 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Only if you consider Vertigo part of the DC mainstream.

I don't.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:49 pm 

That's picking and choosing your own then. Core Vertigo books are part of the main DC Universe (or was before New 52). Swamp Thing builds the memorial for Hal Jordan at the remains of Engine City. Constantine is one of the few who remember there was something before New Earth and Crisis. Swamp Thing was given the orb of pre-Crisis historyby Harbinger to guard in the beginning of Millennium. Batman, Clark Kent and Martian Manhunter were present for the funeral of Morpheus in the Dreaming. Animal Man became a Vertigo title but his previous mainstream DC issues and adventures still happened.

It's one thing not to like them. I loathe the Metal Men and other things people around here seem to like and adore. However it's just wrong on so many fanboy levels to chuck something and pretend it doesn't exist just because.

And to be honest, some of these characters brought comic books as a whole into the modern day with more sophisticated story telling which has become... or tries... to become the norm of today. (I don't find anything sophisticated about the new DC outside of Swamp Thing and Animal Man)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:24 pm 
Daniel Pickett

1985-1993 he was in the "mainstream DCU" and he was in some FANTASTIC Alan Moore issues as well as in the first Sandman arc (pre-Vertigo). Plus he hangs out with other "manstream DCU" guys like the Phantom Stranger.

I dig him being in the sub much more than some New 52 person created 16 weeks ago.

Your mileage may vary.