Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: SDCC '12: DCUC / Club IE thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:08 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

All the news and updates from SDCC 2012 for the DC Universe Classics line and Club Infinite Earths! Please keep all Comic-Con related news, images, and discussion in this thread.

Remaining 2012:

Sept: Black Mask
Oct: Poison Ivy
Elasti-Girl (Oversized fig from Doom Patrol w/mini fig)
Constatine
Uncle Sam w/Dollman
Platinum & Tin (Metal men)
Lead (Metal Men – oversized uses Darkseid buck)

2013 sub figures, will go to production if they hit the pre-orders...will do fully tooled figs if they do enough numbers. 12 figures, $18 each or $20 the day of sale

Jan is Blue Lantern Saint Walker
Feb is Phantom Stranger
March is Elongated Man
April is Larfleeze
May is Wally West Flash
Monseiur Mallah & Brain for April as the Subscription figure[/quote]

- - - - -

Quote:
Friday July 13, 12 noon – 1pm
Mattel Presents: Mattypalooza 2012!

Masters of the Universe® Classics, DC, Ghostbusters™, Voltron® and more! This year’s Mattypalooza will be bigger and better than ever! Get all the latest info on your favorite Mattel collector lines, like Masters of the Universe® Classics, DC Universe™, Ghostbusters™, and a brand new mystery line from MattyCollector.com! For all the insider intel, don’t miss the Q & A with Mattel toy designer Ruben Martinez, Mattel brand manager Scott “Toy Guru” Neitlich and special guests The Four Horsemen. It’s the place to be for the world premiere of tons of new toys and collectibles, including the unveiling of the 30th Anniversary MOTU Create a Character contest winner!
Room 25ABC

Friday July 13, 3pm – 4pm
Mattel and DC Comics™: A Heroic Partnership

Fans of Mattel’s popular DC toy lines will find out all the latest news, sneak peeks, and behind-the-scenes scoop on their favorite Mattel/DC action figures, including the upcoming The Dark Knight Rises film, kid and collector releases from Batman™, and more. Get a look at how a toy line is created and participate in the Q&A with a special panel of Mattel toy team members!
Room 4

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject: Latest DC Club Infinite Earths News!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:23 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Quote:
In the end if we do not enough subscribers, much like GB 2012, the DCU sub will be canceled. We’ll run a thermometer so fans can be in the loop! We even marked a higher goal at tier 2 that would give us the suppose to explore a fully tool’d figure for 2014.
But tier 1 is the base and we need to hit that to move forward.

Those were the words of toyguru to someone who asked a question on matty forums. I think its pretty cool to get a fully tooled figure if enough subs are hit. :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: SDCC '12: DCUC / Club IE thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:28 am 
shirtless hugger

Note, though, that it says the fully-tooled figure would be for 2014, not 2013. Buy enough subs this year and we might be able to make the figures you really want next year!

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:31 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Joe G. wrote:
Note, though, that it says the fully-tooled figure would be for 2014, not 2013. Buy enough subs this year and we might be able to make the figures you really want next year!

Yeah... while I understand that... it just doesn't strike me as good marketing. Especially the use or implications of the word 'might'.

I would like to see a list of what is planed for 2013. The figures don't have to be done or sculpted for SDCC but a list would be nice.

Because supposing that Constantine is indeed in the later end of this year's subscription, I would have bought one if I had known that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:34 am 
Aspires to be #1

I'd love to see a list too but it'll never happen. And honestly, I'm worried about hitting the lowest tier to keep the doors open. I'm not even going to get my hopes up for a higher tier that will bring us a fully tooled figure 2 years from now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:52 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:
I'd love to see a list too but it'll never happen. And honestly, I'm worried about hitting the lowest tier to keep the doors open. I'm not even going to get my hopes up for a higher tier that will bring us a fully tooled figure 2 years from now.

I hope you guys get the sub numbers you want. But it seems to me that the whole DC/Mattel thing right now is a trainwreck. I don't want to be on the train this year.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:31 am 
active in the community

jfc, just do it or don't. all these conditions and demands and half-assery. i'm out for 2013.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:56 am 
5" Scale

I'm out too. I took a leap of faith last year and can't do another year of "maybes" from Mattel. Either step up to the plate or let the license go. Please stop putting on the weight on your fans shoulders and doing the hard sale. This will be the lines sophomore year and you should know by now if the sub is going to go through or not by now. I feel this is where you went wrong with the JLU line. You drug it out so long and strung the fans for so long that by the time the merchandise hit the stores most of them moved on. Time to nut up or shut up Matty.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:26 pm 
We're going streaking!

j1h15233 wrote:

That's where I am at too.

Unless they show junk, I am in for 2013. There isn't much else I am buying right now that will continue into 2013 -- Marvel Minimates, Marvel Legends (hopefully), toys I can display during holidays -- and any chance to keep DCUC going in some form would be nice. Even if I have to deal with Digital River. Someone should compile a list of "DR Lessons Learned" to help potential 2013 Matty subscribers:

1. Use a credit card that will not expire during the subscription
2. Try not to change your place of residence during the subscription
3. Cross figures and toes when subscription renews, ships and when opening items
4. Pray

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:49 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Too much stick, not enough carrot. As usual.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:00 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Great stuff already!

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main ... ht-reveals

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2012/07 ... um=twitter

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:58 am 
An Insider

Like j1h15233 says, the DC sub isn't hitting any higher tier, so I don't see any point in complaining about it.

Let's just hope there's enough to keep things going as they are. The 2012 sub hasn't disappointed me yet. (Well, the mechanics of shipping the damn things to me have disappointed me, but that's unfortunately not gonna change no matter how many SDCC announcements there are)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:04 am 
Collector Inspector

The Superfly wrote:

What. Red Robin and Batman are in the DC Universe Classics packaging but Target and Walmart have clearanced out DC Universe Classics into non-existence. I'm scared and confused.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:42 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

funtime3 wrote:
The Superfly wrote:

What. Red Robin and Batman are in the DC Universe Classics packaging but Target and Walmart have clearanced out DC Universe Classics into non-existence. I'm scared and confused.

This is very old news.

When the announced All-Stars line was pre-emptively cancelled and this wave of 4 figures was announced, it was revealed in several QnA's and conversations that this will be the "last DCUC wave", effectively a "wave 21".

This was done in an effort to be a place holder until the new retail line was ready to announce and solicit.

It was announced several times that it would start shipping in August.

Why is it being packaged in the DCUC blisters a surprise?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:23 am 
declined to be a vampire

So when will we see the "new" stuff? Like rest of this years sub, next year, etc? What day is that scheduled?

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next