Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Stores Are Clearing Out Mattel DC Items
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:32 pm 
Cold-cast

JuliusMarx wrote:
Wish I could find those Batman Legacy 2-packs on clearance locally. I still need most of them and never saw many here in LA.

go to walmart

Which ones do you need? I will keep an eye out for you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:35 pm 
Daniel Pickett

I need Arkham City Robin/Joker, Batman/Catwoman...and if it was on clearance I'd take the Batman/policeman joker set as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:10 pm 
Excelsior!

JuliusMarx wrote:
I need Arkham City Robin/Joker, Batman/Catwoman...and if it was on clearance I'd take the Batman/policeman joker set as well.

These barely hit my Walmart. Gordon and maybe the Policeman Joker sets were there at one point. The Robin & Joker set only showed up at my Targets and they eventually sold before they hit clearance. I only saw the Batman & Catwoman sets at TRU.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:13 pm 
Variant Head

I just saw the Batman Catwoman Arkham 2 pack at Barnes and Nobles. $33 but they had the black and white one as well. They had a HUGE shipper with other goodies !

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:36 pm 
Resin

Went by my Kmart yesterday. All clearance items are an extra 50% off. I was underwhelmed at first because I thought this just meant tons of Green Lantern movie stuff would be cheaper. However, the Batman Legacy figures had been marked down to $12 which brought them down to $6!! I picked up First Appearance Batman and Classic Catwoman and left two Catmans.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:48 pm 
Collector Inspector

Man, around here, NOTHING sticks around long enough for these kind of prices. Batman Legacy stuff has been long gone (hardly showed up at all anyway!) for a while. DCUC only now finally dropped down from $11.something to $7.90something this week, but there's nothing out there but Orange Lex. My biggest score was a Batman Legacy Commissioner Gordon/Batman Proto-suit 2 pack for $7.00. There's almost no DCUC out there, I was looking all week . I got a Wave 20 Dove for $12.78. Way too much for a Clearance price. That should be the regular price. Now, I need to find a Hawk!

I really wish TRU would put their 2-packs on sale!

It makes me sad that DCUC is slipping away. It's a real loss.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:38 am 
shirtless hugger

Shellhead wrote:
I fear this is more of an overall movement towards less and less action figures.

It wasn't that long ago that the action figure aisle bled over into other aisles. Now, I find in many stores that other toys are bleeding over into the action figure aisle.

Like with comic books, I just don't think as many kids are buying (or getting mom to buy) figures any more.

I’ve noticed this too. Not just putting some lines on clearance but not replacing them with anything else. Two Walmarts I go to seem to have downsized the whole Toy Department. Toys R Us seems to have more expensive figures on the “Collector Aisle” than regular figures on the regular aisle. When I do find figures there is always only a few, not like the old days when there was always plenty of figures to find.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:16 pm 
Collector Inspector

Target reduced prices on the Clearance Items it seems for one last time. 50% off of Clearance tag. I was able to get Wave 20 Hawk and White Lantern Flash for $4.75 each. They weren't there last week but appeared this week ( that happens all the time at my stores, I don't know why things go back and forth to the stockroom) They were still marked $11.00+ but scanned at $4.75. I wasn't planning on getting them but now I guess I'll try to build Nekron. Just need the pieces from Green and red arrow.

Not much DCUC left. Almost all gone until "Wave 21" comes, but I'll believe that when I see it.