Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 365, 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371 ... 387  Next
 Post subject: Re: The DC Universe Infinite Heroes Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:34 am 
Variant Head

Who would believe that someday I would thank Mattel for stop doing theyr 3.3/4 inch figures? Well, I wouldn't believe it until I saw the DC Collectibles 3.3/4 inch figures:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/

They're the closest thing I ever saw to toy perfection. Goodbye Mattel, and be welcome DC Collectibles. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The very day I get my hands on this cool Guy Gardner I'll post a pic of him blasting the IH one into pieces. :wink:

Any of us that loved IH, knows that this DC Collectibles post belongs to this thred better than ANY other.

:wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:39 am 
Collector Inspector

I've emailed my friend who works at DC Collectibles and they're all very excited about this line, too. Just look at the Oa playset! I'll say it again: DC Direct has designed a playset! Woo hoo!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:42 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Yeah, that playset is fantastic. I want it!

Have to say, the figures look great as well. Hope they do move forward with them as some type of retail or even direct order through DC Collectibles.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:36 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

WOW!

there's going to be a lot of IH figures on Ebay, Craigslist, and at thrift stores after this line comes out! I know I'll be replacing my IH figures!

http://scar1321.blujay.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:30 pm 
An Insider

I like the new 3.75" figures from DC Collectibles. I just wish that they were already fully green lighted for production of an ongoing toy line. But, they have to sell out Kyle Rayner & Kilowog at SDCC and John Stewart & Atrocitus at NYCC first before they make the rest them. That means waiting until 2013 to get more of these figures.

Well if DC Collectibles decides to make more 3.75" figures, I will buy them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:53 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I will second that if you amend it too say
Quote:
Well, if DC Collectibles decides to make more 3.75" figures, And sells them NOT CON EXCLUSIVE, I will buy them

I agree the figures shown are amazing, and I would love to have them, but I'm not trekking out to any cons anytime soon so I'll be shut out otherwise

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:01 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Making them con-exclusive (and not available on the internet) is just throwing away profits. It's crazy to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:58 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
Making them con-exclusive (and not available on the internet) is just throwing away profits. It's crazy to me.

Amen. The whole point of the free enterprise system is to make money. We make all kinds of suggestions on here that get shot down with 'They will never do that, not enough demand so no profit in it." and then someone pulls a boner like this. :roll:

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:22 am 
Collector Inspector

Ok, dangit, I want these. They look incredible. And you know me and my DC Infinite heroes. They are my babies. But making these Con-exclusive? It makes no sense. Just throw them on the website.

Luckily, I'll (maybe, probably) be at NYCC, so I can ATLEAST get that set. I can probably help a few DCIH stalwarts too If I go. I really want that Kyle Rayner and Kilowog though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:35 am 
my tummy itches

Location: Kegworth, just around the corner from Gotham, England
Yeah, I was excited about IH when the line was announced, but didn't like the figures when they came out.

These guys look great, but I'm going to get scalped halfway to San Diego and back to get one trying to buy a set if they're convention only.

I'm hoping someone on here can pick me one up, but I'm 0 for 3 on SDCC requests over the last few years so I'm not folding out much hope.

Cheapest on ebay that will post to the UK is currently $67. I don't pay that much for 6" figures, so it's way too much for 3 3/4".

Have they confirmed they're refusing to put these on the website after the con?

Jo
why must companies make their best stuff so hard to get hold of?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:24 pm 
Knows his stuff

I will say these NEW 3.75" DC Collectibles look GREAT & 100xs better than DCIH in my humble opinion!............................ BUT the reason why I collected DCIH VERY heavily (have almost every one & tons of Qwardians, Shadow Demons, GCPD SWATs, OMACs) was for 2 SIMPLE reasons:

1. They were next to JLU (1st love) on RETAIL shelves. &
2. They WERE $4.99 each (like JLU).

So the fact is, these FIGURES LOOK GREAT (altho not sure about the metallic green so much), but I do not want to keep spending thousands of $$$ on TOYs anymore & am sick of Ebay & high S/H). So as much as I love these (RED LANTERNS & Larfleez look AWESOME!) I will NOT be able to do these.

Funny, now there is a DC line to compete w/ MARVEL UNIVERSE, that I'll never once see in person without making an EXPENSIVE trip to a con to buy these coll & EXPENSIVE Toys! I'm out.

And may I say I'm REALLY So HAPPY for you guys who are excited about these figures! They look great & I hope you have good luck finding these outside of cons!

PS- that female RED Lantern (Bleeze ?), I want one! So if any of you collecting these go CRAZY & don't want ANY of them (especially her) I'll gladly take them off your hands & pay cost + s/h! & yes, lol, I know not to hold my breath on that one! I'm still blue-faced from holding it waiting for DCIH HEATWAVE, TRICKSTER, Dr. LIGHT & RAVAGER !!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:43 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Got 3 out of 4 there, still waiting to see "the Dr. Light."

:wink:

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:32 am 
MINT!

I just want Trickster & Heatwave. The prices on ebay are ridiculous for those!
Here is to hoping the line does take off & we get all the Flash rogues too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:03 pm 
Collector Inspector

Gotta love a crossover.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:03 pm 
shirtless hugger

Goldbug wrote:
I just want Trickster & Heatwave. The prices on ebay are ridiculous for those!
Here is to hoping the line does take off & we get all the Flash rogues too.

Yeah, I looked and looked in the discount stores for those guys but never found them. And the Ebay prices are crazy. I guess they are just pretty damn scarce. There are a few figs I still want I never found (gold Cap Atom, Superman prime in black) which sell for okay prices and someday I will pick up - I had hoped that would be the case with the last two 3-packs but that is not the case at all.

Even though this line had it's weaknesses, I still loved it and am sad people bash on it and praise JLU - I collected both (still am for JLU I guess), but I liked this line better. That puts me in the minority, but I don't care.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5791 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 365, 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371 ... 387  Next