Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

How much would you pay for a 4.0" figure from DC?
$ 4.99 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
$ 5.99 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
$ 6.99 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
$ 7.99 11%  11%  [ 9 ]
$ 8.99 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
$ 9.99 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
$10.99 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
$11.99 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
$12.99 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
$13.99 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
It depends on the character they offer me. 22%  22%  [ 17 ]
YES, I would buy them all. 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
NO, I am not interested in collecting figures in 4.0" scale. 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 79
 Post subject: Re: DC Collectibles action figures in a new scale...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:16 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I'd get the main members of the Justice League and the Aquaverse characters, but I don't see myself dipping deep into this potential line. That's what DCUC is for.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:14 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Shellhead wrote:
I'd get the main members of the Justice League and the Aquaverse characters, but I don't see myself dipping deep into this potential line. That's what DCUC is for.

You may want to reconsider that. DCUC has one more year maybe 2 and unless you have the Matty club all you will get is mostly costumes of the most known and not even the big seven and most will be Superman and Batman characters of the most known.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:10 am 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

billydj wrote:
Shellhead wrote:

You may want to reconsider that. DCUC has one more year maybe 2 and unless you have the Matty club all you will get is mostly costumes of the most known and not even the big seven and most will be Superman and Batman characters of the most known.

The great thing about a smaller scale is that it would allow for a wider range of characters, maybe giving us something closer to Super Powers than what Infinite Heroes turned out to be.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:59 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Would i pay $10 for the perfect factory produced 3.75'' to 4'' Superman?

YES....and i'm not even a huge fan of Superman.

Anything beyond that and i probably wouldn't make any purchases unless it was a character that i absolutely had to have . No one comes to mind at the moment.

Articulation would need to be at least , at a bare minimum, what the 1980's GI Joe figures had if not more.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:29 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

To my mind, any line, but especially a line aimed at collectors, needs to have heroes and villains to fight them. If they made Superman + villains (esp. Brainiac, whom we did not get in DCIH), Batman + villains (esp. Penguin and a decent Joker), and then a few pairs (WW/Cheetah, Aquaman/Manta, Flash/Captain Cold), I'd be very happy with the line.

Are people thinking this will be larger in size than DCIH?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:35 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

The figures are 3.75" scale just like DCIH was.

Launching with Green Lantern as a con only line is a bit of a letdown, but apparently they are willing to listen to fans opinions so I'm going to state it now for the record...

I VOTE NO TO 'CON ONLY'

and, yes ... the pics of the figures shown at preview night are AMAZING!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:38 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Wow.....those figures are awesome. I see DC does what Mattel can not. They will be getting my $$ for these for sure just wish they were a retail item.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:26 am 
Mint on Card

My friend is at comic con and he sent me a pic of the whole raffle only just to get a chance to purchase these. I've never wanted any of the DC Direct/Collectibles exclusive stuff till now. I know the raffle thing isn't new but I just have to say that this is Bull SH!T !!

The GL figures look amazing. The first few figures they've show look fantastice. This is how the GL line should have been at retail. I would buy all of these figures and even doubles just to keep them in the package. I'm a huge GL fan and these are great.

With the whole DC Collectibles website they have a chance to offer these figures to anyone and that's what I thought this would have been. I don't feel like driving around hunting for figures anymore. It was such a pain in the ass with JLU and I don't want that with this line.

Of course I'll pay the 10.00 for this line. I'll even pay a little more just to guarantee the line is made available to everyone and I can order it on Diamond to ship to my comic store or order directly from the DC website.

I'm with bnjmnrlyr. For sure DO NOT MAKE THIS CON ONLY. Why be a c-ck tease and show all these fantastic figures just so they'll end up in scalper hands. It sucks I haven't been able to go to SDCC in a few years but that's what happens when you have other responsibilities.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 am 
An Insider

Quote:
From the AFI home page:

DC COLLECTIBLES

The new DCC 3.75″ line MIGHT NOT end up as a con only line. They want to hear the feedback on that at the show. If this first set sells really well at the show they will know there is a market for it. They started out with the Green Lantern universe, but they plan to expand it to their on line stores. But the “Con Only” is not set in stone.

Get on to the DC Collectibles Facebook page and let them know that we want these available online.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:49 am 
Mint on Card

joeace wrote:
Quote:
From the AFI home page:

DC COLLECTIBLES

The new DCC 3.75″ line MIGHT NOT end up as a con only line. They want to hear the feedback on that at the show. If this first set sells really well at the show they will know there is a market for it. They started out with the Green Lantern universe, but they plan to expand it to their on line stores. But the “Con Only” is not set in stone.

Get on to the DC Collectibles Facebook page and let them know that we want these available online.

Is there someplace on the front page we can comment about it?

I just put a comment in one of the posts announcing the Kyle Rayner two pack.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.