Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: The Problems with some JLU collectors.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:19 pm 
ABS

I've been collecting JLU since they came out and own every single season of the show. Over the years, Mattel has provided us with some of the coolest, biggest, and even obscure characters from the DC universe in JLU form. We have the big 7, the front-runners of DC comics, Numerous members of the Green Lantern Corps, Justice Society, A nearly completed Legion of Doom, The Doom patrol, Harley Quinn, and even friggin Kalibak. Who would have thought? Mattels outrageous prices, and poor distribution has hurt our collections in some ways. I know, there are collectors who never had the chance to get Star Sapphire or Barda until the single release, or people who are lacking the infamous Volcana from their shelves. I know Mattel can be a real pain in the butt, but before I ever complain about their services and products, look at what they provided for us. I mean is it really necessary for Mattel to have to change Monguls skin from pinkish to Yellow. Yes, I see it is not show accurate and all but mattel is working hard enough to give us the final JLU assortmants and people are still unhappy. Partially, I believe this is why the line failed. Sure there are"imperfect figures" in the line like Shayera and the awkwardly posed nightwing, but why can't everyone just be grateful that JLU even happened and lasted this long? Long live the JLU....A True JLU collector is just glad their figures are still being produced, no matter what the flaws.

Post subject: Re: The Problems with some JLU collectors.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:31 pm 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

If it wasn't for the flaws in JLU, I wouldn't have gotten into customizing in the first place. :mrgreen:

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:34 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

We have collectors like this in the Doctor Who world. More concerned about the boots of a Cyberman than the fact they even attempted to make various Cybermen. Myself I was never hung up on the little things.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:43 pm 
ABS

Thats the whole point of collecting guys :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:50 am 
Collector Inspector

princeofpop98 wrote:
I've been collecting JLU since they came out and own every single season of the show. Over the years, Mattel has provided us with some of the coolest, biggest, and even obscure characters from the DC universe in JLU form. We have the big 7, the front-runners of DC comics, Numerous members of the Green Lantern Corps, Justice Society, A nearly completed Legion of Doom, The Doom patrol, Harley Quinn, and even friggin Kalibak. Who would have thought? Mattels outrageous prices, and poor distribution has hurt our collections in some ways. I know, there are collectors who never had the chance to get Star Sapphire or Barda until the single release, or people who are lacking the infamous Volcana from their shelves. I know Mattel can be a real pain in the butt, but before I ever complain about their services and products, look at what they provided for us. I mean is it really necessary for Mattel to have to change Monguls skin from pinkish to Yellow. Yes, I see it is not show accurate and all but mattel is working hard enough to give us the final JLU assortmants and people are still unhappy. Partially, I believe this is why the line failed. Sure there are"imperfect figures" in the line like Shayera and the awkwardly posed nightwing, but why can't everyone just be grateful that JLU even happened and lasted this long? Long live the JLU....A True JLU collector is just glad their figures are still being produced, no matter what the flaws.

BRAVO!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:13 am 
Collector Inspector

Testify.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:46 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

I can't recall ever having complained about JLU specifically as a line. I do, however, reserve the right to complain about the availability of many of the figures. I can't give them credit for "giving us so much" when I literally didn't have the opportunity to buy a significant portion of it except on eBay from scalpers. If I didn't get the chance to buy it, then I don't count it as something they really "gave us".

The line itself, though, I very much love... hence why I bought around 200 of them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:09 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

This is how I choose to look at JLU as well but you have have fans in any brand that are like this. They would rather focus on the negative than the positive. It's always what they didn't get, not what they did get.

Perfectionist? I can get that if say Mongul's color is incorrect. Some people just love to complain, no respect for that. Entitlement issues? Hate that. Then they rag on Mattel for every little word or pic mistake and for what? Cause you are mad you didn't get a toy made that you wanted? That is just...wow...don't even have the words on how ridiculous that is to me.

Mattel announce they are releasing 10 new figures, people complain about getting 10 more, they release those 10 they complain about getting 5 more and are not happy about the 20 they did get they just want to complain about the ones they didn't get.

The hard to find excuse to blame Mattel is just bogus imo. Name ONE collectible line that is really easy to get anytime you walk in the store and the figures have been released? Star Wars? Nope. DCUC? Nope. Marvel Universe? Nope Gi Joe? Nope. It's all really luck that you get there before someone else does.

If collectors are into it then it is hard to get, that simple.

Kudos Mattel, great line. 99% happy with it as the price increase kind of sucked but that was really my only complaint.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:55 am 
Wonderdog

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:55 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

ed case wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:01 am 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:29 am 
Resin

Complaining about complainers? Pot, meet kettle. That is all.

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:35 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

An-Gel Sakura wrote:

I hate when people post stupid pictures in threads to articulate what they could with words. But this... this just works so well in this case! I have to like it, it's so perfect!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:58 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

So... what was the problem that needed this thread? The AFI JLU complaint level is currently at it's usual level. They showed us the last 6 packs, we said thanks again, someone yelled "Granny Goodness!" they were sushed and the world moved on.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:34 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Ed, for that post you get a HIGH FIVE.

Max Shrek for President.

And yes, I wanna Hippolytaaaaaaa!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next