Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDCC '12: DCUC / Club IE thread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:28 am 
shirtless hugger

abuddah wrote:
The people asked for the classic DC teams to be finished, and they are delivering. However Uncle Sam and Dollman opens up a very sharp and rusty can of worms.

Again this goes back to my point about DC fandom being too splintered for any wide net line to survive.

I wondered when someone would say something about the Freedom Fighters :-)

I couldn't be happier about the lineup for the rest of this year and beginning of next year. Finishing the Metal Men! Elasti-Girl! Wally West Flash! Elongated Man! I'm PUMPED.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:29 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Not a bad mix. They at least lived up to their promises. Although I'm surprised Huntress didn't make the cut. Wally West though - FINALLY.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:31 am 
Aspires to be #1

texgnome1 wrote:
Not a bad mix. They at least lived up to their promises. Although I'm surprised Huntress didn't make the cut. Wally West though - FINALLY.

I'm actually surprised that they said Wally West and not just Flash 3.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:31 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

I am so surprised that Huntress didn't make the cut and the lack of female figs...again.

I am really excited with 2013 though, they are all choices I want compared to the crappy end of 2012. I wish I could sub Mallah & the Brain, Flash Wally and Elongated Man in 2012 just to make sure I'd get them as I don't know if we'll get enough subscriptions for 2013 but I'm buying 2 myself!

Boots

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/foru ... 351#157351

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:33 am 
declined to be a vampire

BertDert wrote:
alcinde4 wrote:
What was the club exclusive? That live feed is almost inaudible. And you can't see the images well at all.

Monseiur Mallah is the exclusive.

The slide says Subscription Only Figure

See, and this pisses me off. Our club exclusive is the most generic buck re-use they could have. The freaking club exclusive. And mer personally, I can't get all that excited about him anyways.

I do think they did a good job with some of them (after seeing the pictures). But I'll do day of next year if I want something.

I am kind of excited about Watchmen line.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:36 am 
Aspires to be #1

Boots Bailey wrote:
I am so surprised that Huntress didn't make the cut and the lack of female figs...again.

I am really excited with 2013 though, they are all choices I want compared to the crappy end of 2012. I wish I could sub Mallah & the Brain, Flash Wally and Elongated Man in 2012 just to make sure I'd get them as I don't know if we'll get enough subscriptions for 2013 but I'm buying 2 myself!

Boots

There is no way I'm buying two next year. When they announced the alternate head for Starman, they sold me a 2nd 2012 sub but he's literally the only figure I want two of and 2013 doesn't look to be any different. They're getting one sub from me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:36 am 
shirtless hugger

I'M SO EXCITED.

Sorry, I'm having trouble containing myself. Next year's figures look GREAT.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:43 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Yep, I'm excited! Signed up for Club Infinite Earths and Club Black Freighter already, and happily so. I fully expect to drop dead the day after that Mallah and the Brain figure arrives, as my life will be complete. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:44 am 
categorically opposed

So is there another panel about retail items, or are we just not going to hear or see anything at all about DC Unlimited and Batman Unlimited?

Back to Club Infinite Earths, I'm perfectly happy not having four oversized figures. I don't have the space for it. Hell, I don't have the space for what I currently own. And is anyone a little concerned that Lead is going to be HUGE if he's based on Darkseid's buck? Isn't that way too tall?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:48 am 
We're going streaking!

I am happy with the rest of 2012. Even with Constantine being one of the last figures :wink: I never expected to want 100% of the figures; I didn't always want 100% of a wave.

2013 is okay. Wally and Ralph are tops on my list.

Phantom Stranger is cool. And hopefully a nice replacement for my DC Direct version.

Monseiur Mallah, as the exclusive, does not sell me on subscribing. He does not dissuade me either, but he ill go on the extras shelf, if he makes it to a shelf.

I am sick of Geoff John's Rainbow Lanterns. I hope those are the only two in the sub for 2013.

Last edited by TRDouble on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:52 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Boots Bailey wrote:

This is my only problem with the 2013 sub. You don't have the excuse that female figures don't sell, because this isn't a retail line. COLLECTORS ACTUALLY WANT FEMALE FIGURES!

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:57 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

To be honest these are some of the Rainbow Lanterns we should have had already. There is only one left I could feel at ease buying and that would be Indigo-1. At least all the leaders of the colors should be represented:

Hal Jordan - Green
Sinestro - Yellow
Carol Ferris - Sapphire
Atrocticus - Red
Saint Walker - Blue
Lafleeze - Orange
Indigo 1 - Indigo
Black Hand - Black
Hal Jordan - White

I know you could argue Sinestro for White but after the couple White Lanterns they have done I'm good.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:58 am 
ABS

I like the line-ups for the subs.

The rest of 2012 is good. I'm glad Uncle Sam comes with Dollman, and I'm excited to finish off the Metal Men. (Although, I wouldn't mind getting Copper and Dr. Magnus too!) Glad we're getting Rita, and the smaller version is a cool bonus too!

2013 looks good as well. I would've signed up anyways, but it's nice to know a few of the figs in advance. I'm glad Larfleeze is seeing the light of day, and Saint Walker looks great! Wally is an awesome choice as well. Elongated Man is nice addition too, and I like the costume choice very much. Phantom Stranger looks cool. I'm surprised Mallah & Brain are the exclusive. I'm cool with it, but it just seems like a strange choice.

Overall, a good showing, but I'd have liked to have seen a few more females in the subs.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:03 pm 
An Insider

So they have figured out another incentive to get you to order a sub. From Matty's site:

Quote:
Benefits of Club Infinite Earths

Along with the chance to get more than a dozen authentic DCU figures created just for collectors, here are even more reasons to purchase a 2013 subscription:

NEW! Early Access to Non-Subscription Products: In 2013, all Club subscribers get early access to all non-subscription products, regardless of brand! That means you’ll have the chance to purchase hot items not available through subscriptions before non-subscribers, like 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises 8” Batman™ figure and the Ghostbusters™ PKE Meter prop replica. Availability is first-come, first-served, so if products sell out to subscribers during the early access period, that’s it – no additional product will be made available to non-subscribers at that time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:07 pm 
active in the community

I'm excited for Wally West Flash and Elongated Man!

Bit of a shame about only 1 oversized figure for 2013, but Elasti-Girl in 2012 was the most demanded oversized fig anyway, right?

Completing Metal Men was a very smart move. Good job all around!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next