Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Problems with some JLU collectors.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:02 pm 
serves the Otter

princeofpop98 wrote:
A True JLU collector is just glad their figures are still being produced, no matter what the flaws.

Sorry. I don't agree. We're funneling good hard-earned money for something. Mattel making changes before final release or attempting to fix what was wrong the first time in later releases is a perfectly good practice.

Sure some of us can customize figures to make them better fit the actual show designs- but figures should as much as possible look how they're supposed to- even for collectors that don't know how to take a paintbrush to a figure. Sure, it's great Mattel churned out all these figures and I'm among those who's quite happy with it. But voicing legitimate concerns is something one shouldn't attempt to take away. If we followed your line of thought, we wouldn't have gotten Booster, Dr Fate, blue-line Batman, orange shirt Aquaman and a host of other figures.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:22 pm 
my tummy itches

Sorry..... but thats actually what i collect the line for. If there was good distribution then would there be the thrill of the hunt? And when you finally see that one figure that you have been searching for. thats what its all about.

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:34 pm 
ABS

BFantana wrote:
Complaining about complainers? Pot, meet kettle. That is all.
I was not simply complaining, I was stating my belief of why JLU failed. But I also think that JLU just got old and died out. But I am most certainly not complaining, use context clues.....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:37 pm 
serves the Otter

princeofpop98 wrote:
BFantana wrote:
I was not simply complaining, I was stating my belief of why JLU failed. But I also think that JLU just got old and died out. But I am most certainly not complaining, use context clues.....

But that's the thing. Anyone who points anything out negatively is generally labeled a complainer. To be honest this is why I take offense at the points you made above.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:05 pm 
ABS

But that's the thing. Anyone who points anything out negatively is generally labeled a complainer. To be honest this is why I take offense at the points you made above.[/quote]

Pardon me, but once again, everything must come to an end, Everything has its negative points. Even people have things bad about them. Especially toylines. JLU was a great run, and many people see that. I was simply stating my opinion. I am free to post what I want. I was not stating a FACT, I was making a generalization. Therefore, you are free to believe whatever you want. I'm not speaking for anyone but myself. If my post offended you, I apologize. But if a post about toys personally offends you, then maybe you should refrain. Also, a lot of people seemed to agree with my generalization and I firmly believe it is why the line failed. You can either agree with it or don't agree with it. You should not be offended, I have never heard of such a thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:44 pm 
Resin

princeofpop98 wrote:
BFantana wrote:

Sorry but you complained about complainers. It was long winded and full of your opinions on why the line failed etc but it was still a complaint. The title says it all. This is my opinion and you are welcome to it ;)

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:58 pm 
ABS

Even is I was complaining, it shouldn't have been taken to offense. It's about toys.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:00 pm 
serves the Otter

You called out people who voiced legitimate concerns on the quality of the line and told us basically to sit down, shut up, be nice and say thank you.

Your post wasn't about the toyline. The title says it all. "The problem with some JLU collectors".

I don't wanna come off as harsh, but I'm telling you, you can't tell people what to do and then come about and say they can't be offended by it, especially when it's clear what points they are offended by.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:12 pm 
ABS

You know what, I'm going to ignore your posts and be the grown up one here and just let you win, because I can not risk the MODS suspending my account at the moment, but I will always remember how rude some people can be on this forum. Good day and have fun with your JLU.
- Love the 14 year old collector.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:14 pm 
ABS

If you still want to talk to me, please PM me. Have a great day :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:15 pm 
serves the Otter

Okay.

No, I'm good. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:18 pm 
ABS

No problem. Goodnight. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:26 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I see nothing wrong with people voicing their opinion but it's the manner in which some people do it that might just annoy people. Hell, I doubt we would have got half of the figures or any of the changes made if people hadn't.

There are alot of collectors that act like Mattel is a bunch of idiots and try to burn them at the stake any chance they get just because they didn't make a character, or get the color right or the figures weren't easily available to them. I just don't get that mindset especially when said company makes near $800 million in profit a year. It's like they take it personal and it really really upsets them. They clearly know their business and are not idiots. They can't please everyone. Any collectible line is going to have people like this. This is nothing that is limited to JLU.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:49 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Um...

Green Lantern Hal Jordan!

:) :wink:

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:51 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Why is this thread still open?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next