Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: So, can someone pass along to Mattel that 60's Batman is
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:39 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Gorshin Riddler. Must have.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:45 am 
active in the community

BCYa wrote:
You guys make me crazy!

They announce an Adam West Batman, but first somebody wants Tim Burton Batman stuff, then somebody else wants more JLU, then somebody else wants an obscure villain like King Tut. Nobody here is ever happy! Ya always want something else.

Dude. Chill the eff out. I said I wanted it, TOO. As well. In addition. There's one person complaining here, and that's you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:32 pm 
Brand Manager

BCYa wrote:
You guys make me crazy!

They announce an Adam West Batman, but first somebody wants Tim Burton Batman stuff, then somebody else wants more JLU, then somebody else wants an obscure villain like King Tut. Nobody here is ever happy! Ya always want something else.

Let me get this straight... It's a new line... and I'm not allowed to mention that I want my favorite villain from the series? Really??? LOL, I take it that the irony of you not being happy because I was bold enough to request a figure (without your permission), is lost on you. Here, you need this more than I do! :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:40 pm 
Brand Manager

shabbyblue wrote:
Definitely eager to get Newmar's Catwoman and Craig's Batgirl though. Always wanted a Batgirl in that purple/yellow version of the costume. :P

Yes. Me, too! I think those two (along with the '66 Batmobile) go great with any collection!
(Past, Present or Future!)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:45 pm 
Displays Backwards

red Ricky wrote:
Let me get this straight... It's a new line... and I'm not allowed to mention that I want my favorite villain from the series? Really??? LOL, I take it that the irony of you not being happy because I was bold enough to request a figure (without your permission), is lost on you. Here, you need this more than I do! :twisted:

Wow you guys are angry! How dare I! When did I ever deny anybody permission for anything?

Do you really think there is any chance at all of a King Tut figure being made? I wish you all the luck in the world with that. Ya might as well hope for the Bookworm or Louie the Lilac. It just reminds me too much of the all the clamoring for Granny Goodness in the JLU line. I'm just a little tired of people never ever being satisfied - maybe that is just the nature of humanity.

But I myself have made wish lists of characters that never get made for lines as well - I guess it's the nature of being a collector.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:54 pm 
ABS

Does anyone know the size of these figures?!?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:42 am 
Aspires to be #1

BCYa wrote:
red Ricky wrote:

Wow you guys are angry! How dare I! When did I ever deny anybody permission for anything?

Do you really think there is any chance at all of a King Tut figure being made? I wish you all the luck in the world with that. Ya might as well hope for the Bookworm or Louie the Lilac. It just reminds me too much of the all the clamoring for Granny Goodness in the JLU line. I'm just a little tired of people never ever being satisfied - maybe that is just the nature of humanity.

But I myself have made wish lists of characters that never get made for lines as well - I guess it's the nature of being a collector.

After we got Amanda Waller, 3 or 4 different Gentlemen Ghosts, Cyclotron, Golden Pharaoh, Kamandi and other similar characters in the last 5 years, I would say anyone is possible.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:58 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

princeofpop98 wrote:
Does anyone know the size of these figures?!?

I read that they are Movie Masters scale. I thnk that makes they around 6inches.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:26 am 
categorically opposed

BCYa wrote:

Actually, I think King Tut is likely to be one of the first villains they release, along with Egghead. They're not gonna blow their load by releasing the Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, and the Riddler all at once.

Bookworm and Louie the Lilac are probably screwed, though. Don't think the line will last long enough to get to them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:46 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

BCYa wrote:
I'm just a little tired of people never ever being satisfied - maybe that is just the nature of humanity.

Well once every one is completely satisfied Mattel won't have anyone left to sell to.

I wonder if they'll make alternate versions of Catwoman, Mr. Freeze, and The Riddler. You know like John Astin as the Riddler as opposed to Frank Gorshin or Eartha Kitt or Lee Ann Meriwether as opposed to Julie Newmar as Catwoman.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:13 am 
active in the community

King Tut was the fifth most used villain in the show - behind Joker, Penguin, Catwoman and Riddler.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:31 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Yeah I'd buy a Tut and an Egghead... who I am sure we will see both... the one I would like to see but would be surprised is Roddy McDowall as The Bookworm!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:39 am 
Daniel Pickett

These will be movie masters scale.

The image we captured of the figure was only flashed on the screen for a split second, but Jason caught it. I think we might be the only site that was able to snap a picture of it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:54 am 
Aspires to be #1

JuliusMarx wrote:
These will be movie masters scale.

The image we captured of the figure was only flashed on the screen for a split second, but Jason caught it. I think we might be the only site that was able to snap a picture of it.

That's disappointing. I don't know why Mattel has to have so many different scales.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:51 pm 
Knows his stuff

The pic is hard to see, I wish (yes I just WISH) these were made on bodies like emce TREK (re-mego) bodies w/ cloth costumes! I wish they'd use fabric costumes!

That being said, I had the biggest childhood infatuations with characters from that show (in reruns of course)! My 1st CATWOMAN Crush was on Miss NEWMAR, with memories of her being a breathy flirty villainess who could manipulate others to get what she needed, or 2 get away, then "ENTER BATGIRL"...... damn!

Due to BATGIRL, I still have a STRONG attraction to girls w/ FAKE RED hair like her wig (or the Mego doll I had lol!). But the only thing that made my little boy self more excited than seeing Batgirl swing in on her rope w/ a kick to relace Batman's s
2nd punch on the Cartoon intro, was when I saw that the NASTY psychotic murderous CATWOMAN (Eartha Kitt) was there with her long pony tail & PURRRRRing all the time! Damn is my computer or is it hot in here, I gotta go....... (didnt care for the 60s movie Catwoman tho!)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next