Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDCC '12: new mystery line thread - WATCHMEN!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:00 pm 
PVC

Anyone else know why they are charging $50 for the Watchmen sub? Say $25 for initial figure + $25 for sub - but unlike MOTUC and DC, there is no sub exclusive figure - so what is that $25 for?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:31 pm 
Resin

It's a mess up, there should only be one charge for $25 and it should come off. That's why I'm waiting before I subscribe, so they can fix that error

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:57 pm 
Displays Backwards

So the figures are $25 each plus shipping? Holy crap. They better be freaking amazing at that price. Like, flawless.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:36 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Is it too late to request that Dr. Manhatten be cast in glow-in-the-dark blue plastic?... The slightly translucent nature of GitD plastic would probably look right at home on him...

BCYa wrote:
Is anybody really bummed it's not Major Matt Mason instead?

[hangs head, raises hand...] :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:42 am 
Resin

Make him glow in the dark and pantsless

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:35 am 
active in the community

i think i'm signing up for this.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:02 am 
Ferret Farmer

Like the Watchmen. But on the fence about this.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:53 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I'm afraid of the credit card screw-ups on this already. I ordered the Infinite Earths and Black Freighter subs, for which I was charged $109.05. Now we hear that the BF sub should have been only $25, not $50. Fair enough, just refund everyone $25. No, Digital River refunded the whole thing, then charged $55. What's up with that? That's just not right at all. I dread what's going to happen in January; my fear is that DR will tell me they charged the wrong amount, and it's my fault, and they'll cancel my sub unless I fix it for them somehow.

Come on, Mattel! Drop these clowns and find someone who's halfway competent! This reflects soooo poorly on you!

(But us nerd keep lining up to give them our money, so really, they have no reason to improve. And no, I'm not helping...)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:58 pm 
serves the Otter

My card shows the original $109.05 charge from last night, and today a full refund of $109.05, but they haven't charged the correct amount in it's place. So as of right now, I've paid nothing for the DC and Watchmen subs. What does this mean? Do I have to place the order again? Do I have to personally contact them to authorize them to charge me again the correct amount?? There's no new e-mail from them clarifying what to do next, and I shouldn't HAVE to do anything on my end for their screw-up. All I have is the original e-mail from last night confirming the order. :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:21 am 
Hat Pooper

Wow big disappointment. This is an easy decision for me. Will not be signing up for this. I was really hoping it woudl of been a "DC toys announce but never release" subscription. That woudl of been nice.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:52 am 
active in the community

i know rorshach was based on the question, doc manhattan on capt. atom and nite owl on blue beetle but who were the rest based on and have those other original charlton characters made their way into the dcu toy line over the years? i'm already planning my display!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:58 am 
Loose, Missing Package

The Comedian is based on a character called Peacemaker, Ozymandias is based on Peter Cannon, Thunderbolt (who the creator bought back from DC) and Silk Spectre is semi-based on Nightshade but has more elements of, say, Black Canary or Phantom Lady than any Charlston counterpart. Best bet, you'll never have more than three of the six unless you use Canary for a fourth.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:03 am 
declined to be a vampire

I have mixed feelings. I'm excited about getting DCUC style Watchmen figures, but the whole reason I quit buying DCUC figures was I don't think they are worth 18 bucks.

Now 25 bucks plus shipping? I'll have to pass.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:03 am 
declined to be a vampire

I have mixed feelings. I'm excited about getting DCUC style Watchmen figures, but the whole reason I quit buying DCUC figures was I don't think they are worth 18 bucks.

Now 25 bucks plus shipping? I'll have to pass.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:27 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

As excited as I am about this... and I know I said this already... but after seeing the movie... I really think some of the movie costumes work so much better than their comic counterparts. I always found Silk Specter really repulsive in appearance until the movie between that uniform and Malin Akerman she's beautiful! Take the DCD version and add the DCUC articulation and presto! I like Niteowl's movie look so much more... and he'd be cheap, just a repaint and a tweak to CSA Owlman. (Which I always wanted to make a custom with that.)

However... with that said... I'm still snagging these!

My only want is that Ozymandias come with Bubastis!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next