Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 2013 Subscription billing error
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:21 pm 
serves the Otter

Well I was lucky to avoid any damn billing issues throughout the 2012 subs unlike so many other people, but apparently it's finally my turn have to deal with the incompetent Digital River. I'm sure everyone is aware of the incorrect pricing that was initially set on Mattycollector.com once the 2013 subscriptions went up the other day. Digital River has since corrected that on the Matty website, but that doesn't seem to completely resolve it for some of us who signed up early and were charged incorrectly. As far as I can tell, Digital River has no clue what they are talking about in my attempt to resolve this issue. Check out this email exchange...

---
My original email:
I ordered the 2013 DCUC and Watchmen subscriptions last night and was charged $109.05 on my credit card. But this morning I'm showing that you refunded that full amount back to the card. According to what I've read on online message boards, this is because the price for one or both of the subscriptions was priced incorrectly online and that is why you are refunding the order to fix the issue. But are you going to charge the correct amount to my card now? I don't show any record of that on my card yet. I still want both subscriptions. Do I have to sign up for them again? Please clarify what needs to be done on my end. Thank you

----
Their reply:
Thank you for contacting the online store.

We show that your order is complete, and it will be shipping soon via Economy Postal. You will receive a separate shipping notification email when your order ships.

To view your order’s shipping status, please log in to our customer service page:
1. Go to http://www.findmyorder.com
2. Enter your order number and password* into the "Quick Order
Lookup" field: Order Number: xxxxxxxxx
*If you do not know your password, it can be retrieved at http://www.findmyorder.com/password.
3. Click FIND

If your order was sent via a traceable shipping method, you will be able to find your tracking number here once it has shipped.

We have verified that your account was preauthorized for $109.05 which is the total price of your purchase. The settlement for your 2013 Watchmen Club Black Freighter Subscription and Club Infinite Earths 2013 Subscription is for $55.00 and was already collected. When the figures
ship out, that is the time you will be charged for the price of the package.

----
And then my reply to them:
Your email below doesn't entirely make sense. According to you, an order is shipping soon. But this is for the 2013 subscriptions which aren't set to ship their first figures until next year. As I stated in my original email, you initially charged me for $109.05 when I signed up for the 2 subscriptions, and then the next day you refunded the full amount back to my card. So how have you collected $55.00? I don't show any new charge for that amount on my card. This means that as of right now, I haven't paid anything for these subscriptions since you refunded the full amount. I just want to make sure the subscriptions remain active and I'm billed the correct amount for them. I'm concerned that come January 2013 they'll suddenly be inactive due to a billing error that never got resolved and then it will be too late to sign up for the subscriptions again.

-----------
So... am I just missing something here? First of all, WHAT order is shipping soon? And where are they coming up with the $55.00 amount, since according to their corrected pricing on Matty (if I attempted to sign up for the subs again) the total would be $84.05 now ($0 for Watchmen sub + $25 for Watchmen initial figure + $30 for DCIE sub + $18 for DCIE initial figure + $11.05 shipping).

I signed into their order site and can see the original order, so as far as I can tell I DO still have active subscriptions. However, the order listed on their site still has the original incorrect pricing totalling $109.05 (which was fully refunded to me yesterday). Obviously it would be nice if their billing screwup results in me getting those 2 subs without having to pay for the sign up fee, but I don't want to take any chances of them realizing that error a few months from now and cancelling the subs once its too late for me to get them again. :(

Post subject: Re: 2013 Subscription billing error
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:45 pm 
5" Scale

It's a automated response Shabby. This is what some of us received when the DCU Sub started and there were mistakes with our billing. Give them a call. Since they are outsourced you should be able to contact them asap and during the weekend. Hope this helps and sorry to hear this is still going on.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:37 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Whew.

Glad I decided to wait a bit before signing up. Heck, I might wait another week or so to make sure they've worked out all the kinks. :|

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:18 am 
We're going streaking!

Shellhead wrote:
Whew.

Glad I decided to wait a bit before signing up. Heck, I might wait another week or so to make sure they've worked out all the kinks. :|

After last year where all the early signers, myself included, were charged $20 for the first figure, I decided to wait until closer to the deadline this year to sign up. Too bad that it seems to be the right call.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:29 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I signed up for the MOTUC 2013 sub. And I'm a little confused.

I paid the $60 bucks for the Jan figure, and the sub figure. But I thought I remembered them saying that you won't be charged for the Jan figure until it ships in Jan. So I thought I was only going to be charged for the one figure. I'm fine with them charging for both now, but was I charged for both? Or is one a hold?
I wish they would clarify on this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:33 am 

Found the answer to my own question. LOL

When you purchase a membership, your credit card will be pre-authorized for $50 (the cost of the membership plus the first month’s figure) plus estimated shipping and taxes for the figure. Pre-authorization means that the money is reserved from your available credit card balance. This is a standard practice done to ensure your credit card has sufficient funds available. Your card will immediately be charged $25 for the membership fee and the remaining pre-authorization amount will drop off after several days. You will not be charged for the first figure until it ships in 2013. For more information about pre-authorizations, please visit the Shop FAQs http://bit.ly/c2MP9t.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:36 am 
We're going streaking!

beat me to posting the answer! I will still leave the bottom part though...

And a reminder to all: If at all possible, SUBSCRIBE WITH A CREDIT CARD THAT DOES NOT EXPIRE DURING THE 2013 CALENDAR YEAR!!!!

Stupid, yes, but we have seen the horror stories. And hope that you don't have to cancel your card for any reason during the year :(

Last edited by TRDouble on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:40 am 
ABS

jzachery wrote:
I signed up for the MOTUC 2013 sub. And I'm a little confused.

I paid the $60 bucks for the Jan figure, and the sub figure. But I thought I remembered them saying that you won't be charged for the Jan figure until it ships in Jan. So I thought I was only going to be charged for the one figure. I'm fine with them charging for both now, but was I charged for both? Or is one a hold?
I wish they would clarify on this.

Jzachery, you will only get officially charged for the subscription exclusive figure (King He-Man) and tax for the sub figure (where applicable). As you mentioned, the rest is a hold. So when you signed up they charged you for the January figure (Netossa) and the sub exclusive, but the first month's figure charge (Netossa's) will drop off in a couple of days leaving you just the charge for King He-Man.

That's just how Matty handles their subs when you sign up. It's just a way of checking your account. Same thing with Club Infinite Earths. If you signed up, you get initially charged for January figure and the Sub figure (Mallah), but the January charge would drop off leaving just the charge for Mallah.

Give it up to two weeks (some banks are really slow to drop the pending charge). If the charge for the January figure hasn't disappeared, then it is time to call Matty/DR.

EDIT: Beat me to it. Also, TRDouble, you mean a credit card that doesn't expire during the 2013 calendar year, not 2014. DR is bad, but not THAT bad. Then again....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:46 am 
We're going streaking!

BlackCanary wrote:
...EDIT: Beat me to it. Also, TRDouble, you mean a credit card that doesn't expire during the 2013 calendar year, not 2014. DR is bad, but not THAT bad. Then again....

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:59 am 

TRDouble wrote:
beat me to posting the answer! I will still leave the bottom part though...

And a reminder to all: If at all possible, SUBSCRIBE WITH A CREDIT CARD THAT DOES NOT EXPIRE DURING THE 2013 CALENDAR YEAR!!!!

Stupid, yes, but we have seen the horror stories. And hope that you don't have to cancel your card for any reason during the year :(

I had to do this, they sent me an email. I called, changed the card, and everything continued seemlessly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:33 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

It didn't for me (lost Atrocitus because of it) and a few others on the board.

Trade Rating +55 and counting