Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDCC '12: Marvel Universe 3.75" thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:52 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

Seconded on Alpha Flight. If we got Guardian and Puck, then the Byrne team is fair game.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:21 am 
Cold-cast

Yep, more Alpha Flight is needed. And Excalibur. But most important is Dazzler and X babies. I mean think about that for a moment. We're about to live in a world where we have a Cyclops X baby. I guess a Mojo 2 the sequel would be too much to hope for though.

Oh and I think we need some AOA and 1602 mixed in as well. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:43 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Well, I want a redo on Sentry. If MLs can get a redo so can MU. I too, want a Jack of Hearts and think it would be easier to do in MU than MLs. I am very curious to see how they pulled off Sasquatch since he is rumored to be one of the Alpha Flight members to be shown at NYCC.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:09 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
To somehow argue that Speedball should be made before Power Pack honestly blows my mind. All joking aside... WOW. I'd hope for the Spot before we see Speedball.

Although if they DO make Speedball figure, they should make him out of something bouncy. I'd buy that and then drop him off a bridge. :-)

Except Speedball had his own comic for like 20 Issues, was part of the New Warriors-- which lasted like 100 issues, part of New Warriors Vol. 2-- which led into the whole current state of the marvel universe.
became Penance (which granted is not Speedball per se)-- and is now back teaching (as speedball)- at the Avengers Academy..-- granted it is a new uniform.

So personally I honestly do thing we should get a speedball before any of the power pack.

THough Ill meet you halfway-- we can get an Avengers Academy comic pack with Speedball (and Niels of course)-and grown up Julie Power as Lightspeed (who is now the new lipstick lesbian of the Marvel Comics universe.-)- ...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:43 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I'll take Speedball over the Pack.

Sorry, Eric. :lol:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:04 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

That's fine. It saves me the trouble of identifying the heretics later when... it's time. >:-D

Somehow I believe it'll end up being a moo point, as Joey liked to say.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:50 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

Jack of Hearts made it as an Eaglemoss figurine so his MU equivalent shouldn't be far behind.

I'm all for Speedball. Heck, Steve Ditko worked on the guy. He's had more exposure than Jack and Jack is by far my favorite Marvel character.

Same goes for Power Pack. They had their own book and have kept evolving throughout the years.

As for Alpha Flight, naysayers take note 'cause this is one team that shall never die. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:35 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Alpha Flight please!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:56 am 
Mint on Card

I would love for them to do a box set with Alpha Flight. I still have to pick up a Guardian soon. I still see him around some places before Puck gets released.

Maybe they can do a box set with Shaman, Snowbird, and Sasquatch. Since they seem to be doing more 3-packs then anything.

If they were to do a 6-pack maybe Shaman, Snowbird, Sasquatch, Vindicator, Northstar and Aurora.

I'm still waiting for a 2nd Guardians set or at least some singles. (Even though it seems like they made a ton of the first set and not a lot of people bought them). Maybe around when the movie comes out.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:23 am 

So the Masters of Evil set was put up today... and it's already SOLD OUT. Come on! I went out to lunch and missed the whole thing?!? What a bunch of crap, Hasbro.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:46 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
So the Masters of Evil set was put up today... and it's already SOLD OUT. Come on! I went out to lunch and missed the whole thing?!? What a bunch of crap, Hasbro.

Yep, I will go to ebay in a couple months. I have already decided I will not pay over $45 for this set, $50 if I can get the seller to give me priority shipping.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:51 am 

I guess I'm going to have to go the eBay route. It makes me crazy. If it weren't Zemo, who I found out about through the Secret Wars toyline when I was ten, I don't know if I'd care so much, but I kind of want to duplicate my SW collection through MU, and that means Zemo.

UGH.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:42 am 
Cold-cast

Nitewing73 wrote:
I'm still waiting for a 2nd Guardians set or at least some singles. (Even though it seems like they made a ton of the first set and not a lot of people bought them). Maybe around when the movie comes out.

If that movie does go through, I expect we'll get a few more members. Maybe even a whole classic team. :) I know, I doubt it too.

You know I could handle a New Warriors set too. Since we're getting Nova, just rerelease Firestar in a set with Night Thrasher and Marvel Boy. Viola. Should only be minimal new tooling.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:29 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

billydj wrote:
Eric Qel-Droma wrote:

Yep, I will go to ebay in a couple months. I have already decided I will not pay over $45 for this set, $50 if I can get the seller to give me priority shipping.

Well I figured after taxes and shipping it would have cost me around 40 from HTS- so I paid 18.00 markup-- it was less than the 50% more line I usually like to keep below. (and way better per figure price than I paid for Jinx)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:56 pm 

stewbacca wrote:
Well I figured after taxes and shipping it would have cost me around 40 from HTS- so I paid 18.00 markup-- it was less than the 50% more line I usually like to keep below. (and way better per figure price than I paid for Jinx)

Yep. I just BIN'ed this from eBay. You win, scalpers. You win.

Hey, Hasbro: You could have made 2x as many of these and made MORE PROFIT. But that's cool if you don't want money and you want your customers mad at you and your product AND for your customers to have less money to spend on stuff that might actually generate profit for you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next