Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDCC exclusives on hasbrotoyshop??
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:13 am 
Displays Backwards

stewbacca wrote:
Time for the yearly- WTF are there exclusives rant again--- especially of first time unmade original characters--

I can accept the legends 3 pack, the Transformers Hiss, even the STAR Wars Pack (since Carbonite JAR Jar isnt a real character--

But the Masters of Evil (that set would have had to sell better than the GoG set) and the Jinx-- just doesnt make any sense

I agree totally, Jinx and the MoE should have been there longer. I didn't check until about 2PM, I forgot about it after finding nada Monday and Tuesday. So I figured if today was the day (and sadly it was) they would at least have the regular Jinx and the MoE left - but I was very wrong. Why can't they just make more? If people want to buy them, don't they want to make money? They are just making money for scalpers - terrible business.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:15 am 
We're going streaking!

Great. I had a browser open at the home page that I would refresh every once in a while and I am sure I did it around 11:40AM, or sometime around then. After that, I was distracted with work :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:23 am 
Displays Backwards

Apparently the GI Joe stuff and Bruticus sold out in 5 minutes. How stupid is that? Talk about supply not meeting the demand. I have interest in being scalped, so I'll just move on with my life. :)

I'm sure the Mattel SDCC stuff, which is up on the Matty page (not for sale yet), will last longer - but I don't want any of it!

Last edited by BCYa on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:24 am 
Cold-cast

gah. I really want the Maria Hill but I'm not paying that much for one figure.

And I agree totally about the MoE set. Did Hasbro put more than 4 up for sale? It couldn't have been many to go that fast. That sucker should be at retail. Even more so since Zemo was pretty heavily featured on the Avengers cartoon. I managed to snag one from a friend that went to the con, but it should be retail. Heck, the X Factor set was bad enough. If it wasn't for that TRU email, I'd have missed that too. Come on Hasbro, people want to give you money. Let them. :x

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:58 am 
The Last Word

Easily my best experience ever trying to buy SDCC exclusives on HTS. Had everything I wanted in my cart and made it through the checkout process all in about thirty seconds. I only hope the Mattycollector sale is half as easy Monday, especially since the Mattel stuff I'll be shooting for is all for other people.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:25 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Caped Crusader wrote:
Easily my best experience ever trying to buy SDCC exclusives on HTS. Had everything I wanted in my cart and made it through the checkout process all in about thirty seconds. I only hope the Mattycollector sale is half as easy Monday, especially since the Mattel stuff I'll be shooting for is all for other people.

I guess congratualtions are in order- but this does anger me to no end-

-since this comment is made by the one person who made a whole Blog entry or posts on how show exclusives are great and the fact that they shouldn't be made available to the rest of the public.. :roll:

However I dont have time to dig through all your posts and find the ones-- but Im sure you will, to prove that either I am misremebering or that I have the meaning behind your comments wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:39 am 
The Last Word

stewbacca wrote:
I guess congratualtions are in order- but this does anger me to no end-

-since this comment is made by the one person who made a whole Blog entry or posts on how show exclusives are great and the fact that they shouldn't be made available to the rest of the public.. :roll:

However I dont have time to dig through all your posts and find the ones-- but Im sure you will, to prove that either I am misremebering or that I have the meaning behind your comments wrong.
No, you're absolutely correct. I don't believe SDCC exclusives should be held back for online sales after the shows. If they don't sell out at the convention, that's fine, but I don't think they should be set aside for people who don't attend. And if that was the case, I would be perfectly happy to pay eBay prices for what I want. If they are going to sell them online, though, I'm going to take advantage of the opportunity. Why? Because I'm not stupid.

Good luck with that anger.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:23 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I can't argue with your logic, CC, but you could have made your orginal post with a bit more tact.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:28 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

By Thursday or Friday of next week, I should have an extra MOE set available. I'll put it up here at cost. I've been fortunate enough to have some awesome collector friends the last 3-4 years. It'll be my pleasure to pass some of that good fortune on to you guys. Nothing is set in stone yet, but it's a high probability. :D

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:32 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Caped Crusader wrote:
Good luck with that anger.

It has served me well throughout life--

"i can feel your anger..it makes you stronger, it gives you focus"

"You don't know the power of the dark side"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:34 pm 
The Last Word

Shellhead wrote:
I can't argue with your logic, CC, but you could have made your orginal post with a bit more tact.
Oh, my sincerest apologies. I'll be sure to refrain from accurately describing my experiences in the future.

Okay, that wasn't sincere at all.

stewbacca wrote:
It has served me well throughout life--
:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:54 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Can we all just get along? For the kids, and the old people? :wink:

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:58 pm 
Displays Backwards

alcinde4 wrote:
Can we all just get along? For the kids, and the old people? :wink:

That's what the ignore/foe feature is for. Now if people would just stop quoting this rude guy, it would be like he didn't even exist.

I admit, I feel a little bummed today at having missed out, especially since I was on Monday and Tuesday. It's kinda like a little gnawing hole in my heart. But the panic and price jacking and greed and all that stuff sucks - I quit buying the Cars line when Cars 2 came out because I was so sick of the searching and scalping and distribution, and it was a load off my back and I don't regret it at all. Would I be happier if I just quit with all this hunting/collecting/endless searching stuff and moved on with my life to other things? Sometimes I'm not so sure.

And you can get any little collectible or exclusive you want these days, as long as you pay more More MORE. Not a lot of fun for me in that, either. I'm bummed for me and I'm bummed for all my fellows who missed out. I have no time for snarkitude while I'm bemoaning our losses. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:07 pm 
MINT!

alcinde4 wrote:
By Thursday or Friday of next week, I should have an extra MOE set available. I'll put it up here at cost. I've been fortunate enough to have some awesome collector friends the last 3-4 years. It'll be my pleasure to pass some of that good fortune on to you guys. Nothing is set in stone yet, but it's a high probability. :D

I'd take you up on that if at all possible!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:53 pm 
5" Scale

I can't help but wonder if the situation this morning would have been slightly better if HTS had strictly adhered to their purchase limits throughout SDCC.

I got what I wanted from them last Thursday morning and limits were adhered to and my badge was stamped but from accounts I've read, they eased up on the limits in the days after that, sometimes not even stamping badges.

Five minutes for almost everything to sell out??? That doesn't even happen on Matty! Clearly HTS needs to learn how to send us to the WSOD...I kid, of course.

I did manage to get an extra Red Jinx while at SDCC and so I guess I'll be updating my trade thread in hopes of being able to trade for a WM 6" Loki or Hawkeye or Hulk.

'

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next