Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Thermometer!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:53 pm 
shirtless hugger

OK, but what does the auto renewal mean? do I just click the box and go on? am I the only one who finds this poorly worded?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:57 pm 
Aspires to be #1

tanglevine wrote:
OK, but what does the auto renewal mean? do I just click the box and go on? am I the only one who finds this poorly worded?

Based on the monthly emails we get now where it tells us our sub is going to renew before each new figure, I would assume that it auto renews every month.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:53 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Yeah, DR just words it in a confusing way. When they say they are "renewing your subscription" each month, it actually means they are FULFILLING the next monthly order and shipping out the figure to you.

And keeping this thread on topic.... looks like the thermometer rose another fraction of an inch today. Way too slowly though. I dread seeing where it's at come next Monday. Just 2 1/2 weeks left. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:06 pm 
Brand Manager

See I respect you wanting to spend your money like that and maybe help out the line. I mean if I had enough money I would get more subs I got 2 last year and I think I may only be able to afford one this year. But I did 2 last year just to help, I got a child on the way this year so only one sub and no MOTUC cherry picking but like I said if I had the money I would buy like 4 or 5 subs just to help.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:07 pm 
Displays Backwards

lopezg_10 wrote:
I know everyone is freaking out and everything, and think it's not an addiction...and yes, as to all my life continues as well. I'm married have a 9 month old and one on the way. but I mean, the money is there and I can afford doing it. Besides, I'm not keeping all the subs but 1 and the rest well I can donate or sell. Either one. :mrgreen:

When you say donate or sell, what exactly do you mean? Donate none and sell all? I'm just curious.

I have no interest in any of the figs so it doesn't affect me in any way. There can't be that big of a market for these because Mattel never sells enough to make Matty happy. But I guess if you hold on to them for sometime, the price could conceivably go up on them. I don't know what you are up - that's what we're all curious about here. A brilliant business adventure? A mad descent into OCD? What exactly are ya doing?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:49 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

BCYa wrote:
lopezg_10 wrote:
I know everyone is freaking out and everything, and think it's not an addiction...and yes, as to all my life continues as well. I'm married have a 9 month old and one on the way. but I mean, the money is there and I can afford doing it. Besides, I'm not keeping all the subs but 1 and the rest well I can donate or sell. Either one. :mrgreen:

When you say donate or sell, what exactly do you mean? Donate none and sell all? I'm just curious.

I have no interest in any of the figs so it doesn't affect me in any way. There can't be that big of a market for these because Mattel never sells enough to make Matty happy. But I guess if you hold on to them for sometime, the price could conceivably go up on them. I don't know what you are up - that's what we're all curious about here. A brilliant business adventure? A mad descent into OCD? What exactly are ya doing?

Alright, since your curious and only because your curious, I will let you know what's going on. My wife and I donate figures every year at a homeless shelter here in Tennessee. I get 12 - 16 year olds and she gets the little ones. The kids over here love DC and Marvel stuff as well as reading comics so I sit with them give them figures and play for a while. Once every month we take gifts for them. Now, we also offer stuff on ebay starting at .99 cents. We don't need the extra money, but sometimes we have fun seeing them sell. You see, God has blessed my family and I so much, I feel I should pass it on to the kids that don't have a family. The subs are not for me but for the kids, and to keep helping the sub go on for you guys as well. Oh and by the way, I am Mexican-American :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:17 am 
my tummy itches

Location: Kegworth, just around the corner from Gotham, England
Had I the money, I would love to do the same thing.

As it is, I work for a charity so my budget is a little more constrained :)

Thank you. You've made me feel a little better about the world.

Jo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:30 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

lopezg_10 wrote:
Alright, since your curious and only because your curious, I will let you know what's going on. My wife and I donate figures every year at a homeless shelter here in Tennessee. I get 12 - 16 year olds and she gets the little ones. The kids over here love DC and Marvel stuff as well as reading comics so I sit with them give them figures and play for a while. Once every month we take gifts for them. Now, we also offer stuff on ebay starting at .99 cents. We don't need the extra money, but sometimes we have fun seeing them sell. You see, God has blessed my family and I so much, I feel I should pass it on to the kids that don't have a family. The subs are not for me but for the kids, and to keep helping the sub go on for you guys as well. Oh and by the way, I am Mexican-American :mrgreen:

Best post I've seen on here in quite some time. Major mojo props here. :D

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:42 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Yeah, seconded.

Thanks for putting up with all the spite here. Thanks for doing what you are doing. Both for the collectors at Matty, and, more importantly, for the kids you and your wife are helping.

Its nice to know that some people are still nice simply for the sake of being nice.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:38 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

I'll chime in and say thanks too. It is nice to hear stories like this in the communities out there. It proves it isn't always about the "Me-Me" crowd. Thank you for helping out your community and ours.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:48 am 
Cold-cast

Good for both you and your wife as well lopezg. You guys rock.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:52 pm 
5th Horseman

AMEN! Well done man!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:22 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I'll chime in as well and give you my kudos. It's increasingly infrequent that you see anyone do anything for altruistic reasons. Thank you for your contribution(s), and for the kids that you help, I sincerely hope that the sub goes through. It would be a phenomenal gift for them all. Although the time you and your wife have spent with them is equally as precious.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

Last edited by alcinde4 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:06 pm 
Brand Manager

Hey lopezg_10 I have alot of respect for you and hope God continues to bless your family ! I mean that.