Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Am I the only adult male on here... (Monster High thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:42 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Congrats! I'm trying to wait patiently for Robecca and Venus but it's not working out so well... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:16 pm 
We're going streaking!

This is an older post from June in a thread on Mego Museum, but a POST from Harbingerboy has links to a lot of pictures, so I had never seen before.

Nothing new around here; just the latest CAM sets are all over now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:17 pm 
We're going streaking!

My daughters first edition Clawdeen broke. Snapped the elastic band in the hips. I need to find time to fix it, but thank goodness Mattel is now using the improved hip joints. Anyone know if the 1.0 reissues are using the new bodies? And has anyone ever swapped heads on the first dolls? The problem is that my daughter likes the first Clawdeen head; if I could swap it to another Clawdeen, my problem would be solved, even if I had to buy a cheaper version to do it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:18 am 
Loose, Missing Package

TRDouble wrote:
My daughters first edition Clawdeen broke. Snapped the elastic band in the hips. I need to find time to fix it, but thank goodness Mattel is now using the improved hip joints. Anyone know if the 1.0 reissues are using the new bodies? And has anyone ever swapped heads on the first dolls? The problem is that my daughter likes the first Clawdeen head; if I could swap it to another Clawdeen, my problem would be solved, even if I had to buy a cheaper version to do it.

Yes, the heads should swap (they aren't like the CAM heads, though, you'll probably need to use some heat to swap them).

And thanks for the link to the Mego Museum thread... I missed most of those pics, great to finally see them!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:10 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Over at IAT Vault has a review up of Ghoulia with her scooter (wanted this set since seeing the first pics, that review isn't making the wait any easier!) and he's started a seperate MH site MonsterHighFearbook.com, a work-in-progress but looks promising...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:01 am 
We're going streaking!

I picked up five outfits for $20 at Target last night. No clearance signs anywhere, but I remembered reading they were on clearance, had my daughter scan they and they came back $3.98 each! So one daughter got $20 worth of MH clothes, the other a $20 video game. All were happy :D

Still no sign of the new character dolls, but I saw the Frankie TRU exclusive and Lagoona Dot Dead Gorgeous dolls at TRU. I had to convince my daughter to save her money for the new characters, especially since she just got a bunch of new outfits, and essentially, those are just the same dolls with new outfits. Essentially. Frankie's hair on the TRU doll is kind of cool.

Mattel is really hitting hard with MH right now. And it moves too. I haven't seen a School Playset since the first two-three weeks it came out, even after the price increase.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:33 am 
Loose, Missing Package

My store just got in a shipment of the basic dolls last night - easily 6 cases. Venus and Robecca are packed 2 per, Abbey and Rochelle are 1 per. Inspect them closely if you have options, the readout on Robecca's watch and the vine-laces on Venus' shoes are very sloppy on most of the ones I checked. There also seems to be a problem with stray white paint on Robecca's face (at least 3 of the dolls I looked at had the exact same "smudge") to the left of the corner of her left eye.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:06 pm 
We're going streaking!

At K-Mart today, I had a stock person open a brand new box oh MH Dolls off the cart for me. Too bad it contained two Abbeys, two Rochelles, one Nefra and one (IIRC) Draculara. The real news is that the received a box of the High School Playset, for those still looking. That's the first time I have seen it anywhere besides TRU. I did not get a price on it. There were still Coffin Beans there too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:41 pm 
The Last Word

Jim_Abell wrote:
Venus and Robecca are packed 2 per, Abbey and Rochelle are 1 per.
Is the Abbey in that assortment the original, basic version that was first released?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:37 am 
Loose, Missing Package

There may be some small changes that I wouldn't know (and she may have the new plastic hip connectors under there) but, yeah, she's the "signature" version.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:48 am 
The Last Word

Okay, that's what I was wondering. A buddy has been looking for one for his daughter with no luck. Jennifer has been collecting these for some time now, and we've been keeping an eye out for her since he mentioned it. We only saw her the one time when Jennifer bought her, though. Glad she's getting out there again.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:09 pm 
5th Horseman

I was so elated about all the fun stuff at Comic con, but I couldn't make the panel, and no one asked the ONE question I need to know... will Gil be released in a basic version with Pet and Diary, or am I going to have to hunt down that ridiculously expensive (and inconsistent looking) Skull Shores version.

:-\

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:48 pm 
We're going streaking!

I found (but did not purchase) the Create-A-Monster Set tonight at TRU for $39.99.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:55 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

AnimateTed wrote:
I was so elated about all the fun stuff at Comic con, but I couldn't make the panel, and no one asked the ONE question I need to know... will Gil be released in a basic version with Pet and Diary, or am I going to have to hunt down that ridiculously expensive (and inconsistent looking) Skull Shores version.

:-\

Ted, have you heard any of the other news given at the panel?... I've seen some very basic things listed and I know they showed pics of the two new characters for the Scaris line but I've heard nothing else... Seems odd that there are no new "basic" dolls for the rest of the year and none mentioned for spring, either, unless I really missed something...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:24 am 
shirtless hugger

I went to the panel, but I was overwhelmed by the cuteness of the little girls in costume. :D

The panel was focused primarily on the upcoming Halloween movie, but two panelists talked about the two new dolls and the inspiration behind them.

Skelita Calaveras, inspired by Mexico's Dia de los Meurtos, looked pretty impressive, as did Jinafire Long. Both dolls had amazing detail, right down to their shoes. It's nice to see some diversity in this line.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next