Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:00 pm 
serves the Otter
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:15 pm
Posts: 1970
Location: Earth
bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Actually, Toy Guru has said point blank in the Matty Forums that MOTUC is not getting the numbers they wanted this year and it too, might not make it this year.

He is very vocal about the possibility of losing MOTUC and he credits it all to there not being enough "completists" left in the market.


Gosh...

You mean he hasn't started blaming JLU and its collectors for the failure of MOTUC yet? Last I heard, it was JLU's fault that YJK failed. And DCUC. And maybe the economy as a whole.

Well, give it time. The night is still young. Perhaps next week will be when Mattel decides that their precious MOTUC line has also succumbed to the disease that is JLU. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:28 pm 
User avatar
Resin
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:19 am
Posts: 397
What does "combined shipping" for subscriptions actually mean? If I get the Watchmen and DCIE subs, does this mean the two sub figures will ship together for the shipping cost of 1 (approx $9) or that they'll discount shipping a little bit, so two figures will ship for like $14?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:00 pm 
User avatar
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 am
Posts: 6110
Location: Atlanta, GA
BertDert wrote:
What does "combined shipping" for subscriptions actually mean? If I get the Watchmen and DCIE subs, does this mean the two sub figures will ship together for the shipping cost of 1 (approx $9) or that they'll discount shipping a little bit, so two figures will ship for like $14?


Yes.

_________________
Hasbro is the way to go.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:43 pm 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 1593
In case anyone didn't notice on the main page, Julius put this video up:
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main ... scriptions
Toy Guru talks about all the Matty subs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:58 am 
User avatar
Collector Inspector
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1372
Here's my question if Mattel wants these subs to do well why do they not advertise them, besides on collector sights. There is a He-man comic and many DC comics why not use add space in those. How about on the DC nation hour to let kids and moms know about them. I' mean seriously isn't the He-man and the Masters of the Universe in reruns on some channel? I mean how hard is it to say "Hey kids ask your parents to go to Mattycollector.com and you can continue the adventure with your very own He-man and the Masters of the Universe action figures!" Does know one remember the 80's ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:08 am 
User avatar
Disney is not his cup of tea
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 2796
Cookie_TXPSY wrote:
Here's my question if Mattel wants these subs to do well why do they not advertise them, besides on collector sights. There is a He-man comic and many DC comics why not use add space in those. How about on the DC nation hour to let kids and moms know about them. I' mean seriously isn't the He-man and the Masters of the Universe in reruns on some channel? I mean how hard is it to say "Hey kids ask your parents to go to Mattycollector.com and you can continue the adventure with your very own He-man and the Masters of the Universe action figures!" Does know one remember the 80's ?

I'm guessing they don't feel that market share is worth the expense. Outside from anyone who checks forums and eBay, no one would know about the sub. I'm sure we are not the only ones who collect. I have customers who check retail stores for figures, nothing more. They don't read up on stuff they just look around. Last year I turned them onto the subscription. But they had no idea. I don't see why the Club Infinite Earths isn't run in a couple of DC Comics during the month of sign up. I don't see wher ethe club can pull in anyone new outside of word of mouth... and the word of mouth I see is mostly negative...

_________________
Trading Scores: +16
+4 Bunger43, +1 alcinde4, +1 An-Gel Sakur, +5 ProfessorK, +1 Nonnahir, +1 Toyman, +1 Justice Freak, +1 bnjmnrlyr, +1 Jim_Abell
My eBay Feedback


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:49 am 
User avatar
Resin
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:19 am
Posts: 397
alcinde4 wrote:
BertDert wrote:
What does "combined shipping" for subscriptions actually mean? If I get the Watchmen and DCIE subs, does this mean the two sub figures will ship together for the shipping cost of 1 (approx $9) or that they'll discount shipping a little bit, so two figures will ship for like $14?


Yes.


Funny. Can anyone help me out and actually answer this?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:05 am 
User avatar
5" Scale
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1767
Location: PACNW
BertDert wrote:
alcinde4 wrote:
Yes.


Funny. Can anyone help me out and actually answer this?


I think alcinde4 already did, but I'll give it a go. Based on what I've read from members with multiple subscriptions DR(or Matty) combines them and send them all together. Can anyone who's done this back me up on this though. I've only done the DCU sub and that's all I'm probably continuing with, aside from the JLU stuff.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:16 am 
User avatar
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3457
Combined shipping means that all your different subs will ship together, for an amount based on the weight and destination of the shipment. Which is pretty much a standard definition of combined shipping, right? It does NOT mean that you pay an amount to ship one sub, but then any sub you add on top of the first one ships for free with the first sub's shipping cost. It all depends on how many figs ship in the subs as well. Some months have a regular fig and an oversized fig, so it might be a dollar or two more than if it was only one fig.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:34 am 
User avatar
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 am
Posts: 6110
Location: Atlanta, GA
BertDert wrote:

Funny. Can anyone help me out and actually answer this?


Wasn't trying to be funny. I thought I did answer your question, and I didn't feel there was a need to elaborate.

_________________
Hasbro is the way to go.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:11 am 
User avatar
Resin
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:19 am
Posts: 397
alcinde4 wrote:
BertDert wrote:

Funny. Can anyone help me out and actually answer this?


Wasn't trying to be funny. I thought I did answer your question, and I didn't feel there was a need to elaborate.


Oh, OK. Sorry. I misunderstood because I was asking if "combined shipping" meant THIS or THAT and you answered "yes."

Thank you to all who responded. I get it now. Still don't know if I'm going to go with DCIE. Watchmen is a definite YES though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:57 pm 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10581
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
BertDert wrote:
Thank you to all who responded. I get it now. Still don't know if I'm going to go with DCIE. Watchmen is a definite YES though.


Just to give you an idea on pricing, I've got six pieces coming to me this month (2 Spikor, 2 Starman and 2 Rocket Red), normally one piece is around $8.70 (ground shipping) but my total shipping this month is $12.40 - just over $2 per figure - it really does pay to buy in bulk as far as shipping is concerned. If there's anyone in the immediate area you can combine subs with you should really consider that, too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:27 pm 
serves the Otter
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:15 pm
Posts: 1970
Location: Earth
Well it's now been a week since the subscriptions went up and we're only at around 27-28% for the DC sub. Just two weeks left.

I wonder if they adjusted their expectations this year based on how many people signed up last year, or if they once again set the bar way too high, even though it's likely they'd only get the same number of people signing up this year as last year (if not less).

Sadly I don't think we're going to reach their goal again, but when all is said and done I'd love to know how many sign-ups they got this year compared to last. They don't have to reveal exact numbers, but it would be interesting to know if it equaled or exceeded last year's number.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:01 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:54 pm
Posts: 117
Location: D.C.
The minimum goal for this year is supposed to be the total number they sold last year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:19 pm 
serves the Otter
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:15 pm
Posts: 1970
Location: Earth
S. Griffin wrote:
The minimum goal for this year is supposed to be the total number they sold last year.


Then that makes it all the more discouraging when we're not even a 3rd of the way there yet. Are there really that many subscribers from last year really choose not to renew for a 2nd year? :(


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.081s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]