Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Figure Height Comparisons...(noob question)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:22 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

So I was wondering how the different lines scales are. Obviously the 4 inch figure lines won't match with the 6" lines and stuff but for example...

The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters are great figures IMO. Some decent to good articulation and good to great sculpting. Now I dig the Robin and Nightwing redesigns from the Arkham game series....will the new Batman Legacy Arkham Asylum Nightwing and Robin fit in with the Movie Masters version of Batman when dealing with size/height? Because if the Nightwing or Robin tower over Batman it'd be weird....I don't mind if they're about the same height rather than like a head shorter than Batman especially since they're both adults as well now...but...you get what I mean. So could anyone who has the Robin and Nightwing Arkham figures from the new Batman Legacy series along with the Movie Masters Batman could you post a pic of them side by side? And what about the Young Justice Batman 6" figure....how does that compare to the others?

Sorry if this is in the wrong area, these questions are frowned upon, etc. I'm just really curious because I don't have the money to just buy every figure of every series to have matched, I need cherry pick from which ones and since I feel that design-wise the Arkham Robin and Nightwing fit in well with the Dark Knight rises Batman...I'd like to know...I haven't found any pictures online with these figures next to one another. Please and thank you! (:

EDIT: How do I delete a post?? I didn't mean for the double post...my computer's been wonky for awhile, sorry about that.

Post subject: Re: Figure Height Comparisons...(noob question)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:16 am 
Loose, Missing Package

While I don't have the Arkham Nightwing, I can tell you that the Robin is at least a head taller than the Movie Master Batman. Mattel has a number of different 6" scales... Movie Masters is supposed to be the "realistic" 6" scale and is the smallest. DCUC is what they refer to as a "heroic" scale with 6 3/8" roughly equaling 6 feet (this is the middle scale). The Arkham City figures are the largest with Batman being roughly 6 1/2"-6 5/8" tall. If you want to keep going, Masters of the Universe Classics is also considered a 6" scale but those figures are much closer to 7" and the WWE figures are (I believe) actually refered to as being a 7" scale. WWE and MOTUC are very close in height but the build of the characters don't really match.

bobwuzhere wrote:
EDIT: How do I delete a post?? I didn't mean for the double post...my computer's been wonky for awhile, sorry about that.

Not sure if everyone has it or just the MODS but above the EDIT/QUOTE buttons in your post you should see one or two small boxes for your own posts, one of them is an "X" which is a delete button. If those aren't available to you, if you go into edit mode at the top there is a check box you can tick (says "[Once deleted the post cannot be recovered]" next to it) and then submit your edit and it should delete the post (not sure if it will work if someone has already replied, though).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:18 am 
Resin

Yeah, I don't get why they didn't just make everything the same height.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:02 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Ah, thank you. That's a shame because the Robin and Nightwing would be such a nice fit -- especially Nightwing who's outfit looks like it's made of the same under material as TDK/TDKR Batsuit along with similar armored plating. The Robin also looks realistic -- sigh.

OH! what about the Young Justice 6" Batman figure? Anyone have him? I heard they cancelled the line and that you can't get him at retail but that there are other ways to do so. It says he's 6" but since there are those different scales...do you think he's closer to the DCUC size than say Arkham or Movie Masters? That's what I'd assume but I have no idea...

Also one last question: do any of you have a suggestion for a cool Batman figure that WOULD match the Arkham Nightwing and Robin besides the obvious Arkham Batman? -- I've read that he's not that good a figure in that he doesn't have much articulation and his arms look a little odd -- too far out IMO. This is probably a weird question but I thought I'd ask anyway. I don't really like the look of Arkham Bats -- it's fine in-game but I don't think I'd like it in figure form and would rather spend the money on one I'd adore haha