Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Why No Dark Knight / MM Subscription?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:45 am 
Cold-cast

I was wondering, dumbfounded really, on why there was no Movie Masters / Dark Knight subscription for 2012 / 2013. Looks like Dark Knight Rises is going to take the #3 all time box office spot (#1 for non-3D movies). And the Movie Masters figures seem to be doing really well in stores.

The previous Movie Masters releases sold out immediately on Matty, and this could also be an opportunity for us to get other MM releases like a Michael Keaton Batman, Chris Reeve Superman, or even a MM nurse Joker. So, in the year of the Bat, why don't they offer a subscription for arguably their most valuable property?

My cynical side would think Matty will just offer an occasional DK product as a carrot on a stick to push purchases of their other subscriptions. Or maybe they just don't think there are enough characters in the Dark Knight series to warrant a subscription. If this were the case, I think they are making a major mistake. If you count the other DC live action movies, there are plenty of Movie Masters figures to be made. What do you guys think?

Post subject: Re: Why No Dark Knight / MM Subscription?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:52 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Honestly, I don't see why Mattel would bother with a Movie Master subscription. Not for anything in theatres currently anyway.

The life span/attention span for it is just too short I would think.

Now, I could see a MM subscription for the 60's Batman TV figures as a way to get some of those truly obscure and one-off appearances.

Or a generic MM umbrella subscription that would allow for Batman (of all eras), Superman, GL, future movies etc. to be combined in one easy to acquire place.

Of course, I have never really had any interest in buying any movie toys (Star Wars would be the only exception) so none of what I'm talking about would be of any worth to me regardless.

Couldn't have said it better myself.