Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU 8/15/12 the Second of the 6 LAST 3-packs. ST/AQUA/MI
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:03 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Kiyoshi wrote:
Anything Batman Beyond is alright by me! Still can't believe that we're still talking Batman Beyond Toys in 2012.

Gives a whole new meaning to Batman Beyond doesn't it?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:34 am 
Dog Squeezer

tuning4k wrote:
Looks like ya need that magic formula for the Kai-Ro custom (and who doesn't?!?)

OH YEAH... I would definitely would commission for a KAI-RO fig.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:25 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
Besides, it's 3 new characters in a pack. Not just one. It's a win.

That definitely makes a difference.

Quote:
I wonder if it will sell 'better' than the Mongul set, considering Batman Beyond's fanbase and the fact that there are three all-new figures in there.

And that Dwayne McDuffie's best-known creation is in there. I'm sure he'd be pleased with that, and hopefully his fans will come out of the woodwork and crash the Matty site in tribute 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:23 pm 
3 3/4"

To be honest I have no idea who these characters are and I'm not interested in them at all but I will be buying them to support JLU.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:18 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Easy pass for me here as I don't really care about any of these characters and there are no other items I want from Matty that month. I'm only getting 2 more 3 packs anyway the Vandal Savage and Toyman packs then I am done :D

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:54 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
To be honest I have no idea who these characters are

MisterMiracle, they're from the Batman Beyond episodes "The Call Parts 1 & 2". They are members of the JLU of the future - Micron (a guy who can shrink and grow), Aquagirl and Static (and older version of Static Shock, who can control electricity).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:26 pm 
5" Scale

I'm down for two of this pack.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:43 pm 
ABS

MisterMiracle wrote:
To be honest I have no idea who these characters are and I'm not interested in them at all but I will be buying them to support JLU.

That's the spirit. A True JLU collector at his finest. Bravo :mrgreen:
I will be buying this pack, I love Aquagirl and this will help complete my team. I'm so glad they made these, Micron looks awesome as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:19 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

princeofpop98 wrote:
MisterMiracle wrote:

That's the spirit. A True JLU collector at his finest. Bravo :mrgreen:
I will be buying this pack, I love Aquagirl and this will help complete my team. I'm so glad they made these, Micron looks awesome as well.

I echo the above sentiment!

Cool fact time: Micron was voiced by Wayne Brady. It was a small role. Aquagirl was voiced by Jodi Benson, the voice of Disney's Little Mermaid. Oddly, I don't recall who voiced adult Static.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:32 am 
Cold-cast

Even though I absolutely can not stand Digital River, their inflated shipping prices, the fact that they are charging me tax on shipping, & they don't package items with any kind of protection for shipping. Yes my Mongul package was damaged from sliding around in the box. But, I will still buy this 3 pack because I have wanted these characters so badly.

For the reasons I have mentioned above, I will skip purchasing some of the other packs that I did not really want. I was going to buy them all as support for the final JLU figures. But due to digital river being such idiots when packing, the over inflated shipping prices, taxes, I will pass on some of them. The less I deal with that company. the better!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:33 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Howard the Duck wrote:
Oddly, I don't recall who voiced adult Static.

Phil Lamarr, which is funny because he was basically talking to himself since he voiced John Stewart as well hahahahaha...

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:28 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
For the reasons I have mentioned above, I will skip purchasing some of the other packs that I did not really want. I was going to buy them all as support for the final JLU figures. But due to digital river being such idiots when packing, the over inflated shipping prices, taxes, I will pass on some of them. The less I deal with that company. the better!

HOW DARE YOU NOT SUPPORT THE LINE!!!!

( :wink: kidding y'all)

EDIT: Clayface from Toonzone...?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:12 am 
Cold-cast

DisneyBoy wrote:

:lol: I read everyone giving you a hard time for not buying Mongul. I may not agree with your reasoning because that episode was actually one of my favorites. I actually wasted $7.99 on a stupid duplicate Superman figure just to get the black mercy. But I will say you have a right to buy what you want no matter what your reasoning. These figures used to be $9.99 a 3 pack. At those prices you should buy everything. But now at a $30.00 price tag, plus shipping, & possibly tax, with the economy the way it is. I have to agree with the pick & choose method.

Not the same guy from Toon zone. But I was actually shocked when I signed up on here that the name was still available

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:40 pm 
Brand Manager

Clayface wrote:
DisneyBoy wrote:

:lol: I read everyone giving you a hard time for not buying Mongul.

You should read what I wrote more carefully. I clearly said that "there is nothing wrong with buying what you want". And I even highlighted it so it wouldn't be missed. So again... nothing wrong with "pick & choosing". It's when you spend the better part of four years campaigning for a figure that you want, but are unwilling to share in on the commitment. When it turns out that you might not even support the figure you requested if the price isn't right, that's what will rub people the wrong way. I mean... if you want Mattel to make a JLU Clayface figure... and you convince us to join you and request it in mass... wouldn't you commit to buying it also? And more importantly... would you be willing to repay the favor?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:06 pm 
Cold-cast

red Ricky wrote:
You should read what I wrote more carefully. I clearly said that "there is nothing wrong with buying what you want". And I even highlighted it so it wouldn't be missed. So again... nothing wrong with "pick & choosing". It's when you spend the better part of four years campaigning for a figure that you want, but are unwilling to share in on the commitment. When it turns out that you might not even support the figure you requested if the price isn't right, that's what will rub people the wrong way. I mean... if you want Mattel to make a JLU Clayface figure... and you convince us to join you and request it in mass... wouldn't you commit to buying it also? And more importantly... would you be willing to repay the favor?

I already have my JLU Clayface that Casmir designed. I paid $80.00 for it & it's better than anything Mattel will ever sculpt. :D I could use a TNBA Killer Croc & Baby Doll, though. I don't mind spending money on something I want. Mongul was a must have for me, so the $40 was not that big of a deal. A few months earlier when I didn't think these figures would be released, I kept trying to get the prototype & was willing to spend $100. So this Mongul was a savings. Now will I spend $40 on the pack with Guy Gardner? No, because I never could stand Guy in the comics, he wasn't even on JLU, & I have no desire to waste $40 on a figure I could care less about. I already wasted enough money by buying a few Stripes for the cause last summer.

From what I can tell DisneyBoy didn't want Mongul, he wants Hippolyta or however you spell her name. But I do see your point. I would have purchased Mongul at the $50 price point that Toyguru was talking about at first. If they released a Hippolyta figure, I cant say that Disneyboy would pay a premium to get her. Even though he has been demanding her for so long. But still that would be his decision to make.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next