Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU 7/16/12 the FIRST of the 6 LAST 3-packs.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:43 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

DisneyBoy wrote:
Honestly Fone, I think the only thing that got me to reply was that you were wondering if I'm trying to talk people out of buying something. I really respect ya and I think you're a smart guy: do you really think I was doing that?

I didn't think you were doing that. But I know you so I know better. I'm asking you if you were aware that's how it was coming across to people like Red Ricky who aren't inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Quote:
And IF Mattel were to release a Hippolyta and sell her for 100$ plus 50$ international shipping...and I chose not to buy her, and THEN dared to post here on these boards that I didn't chose to get her...would that make me a fink?
Probably not. But a $50 price tag plus international shipping is in all likelihood in your future if Matty ever revives JLU on their site so that IS what Hippolyta would likely go for. And I personally wouldn't look too kindly upon you not getting a Hippolyta after campaigning for her so hard. As Red Ricky said, this IS kind of a group effort. I would not have used those harsh words but what he said was essentially correct.

I don't think there is necessarily a "with us or against us" mentality about JLU on this site. But there IS a bit of "We're all in this together". There's a big difference.
Quote:
Last thought - I LOVED the Save the JLU campaign and really respect the heck out of the people who took the time to make those images. Said that before, saying it again!
Me too! :D That campaign was just the best and I think at least half of the reason we are getting the final figures (the other half being ToyGuru). They rock!

Quote:
(waves to Fone and Dusty in the super secret Toonzone way!)
But do you swear to wear unwashed lederhosen every day for the rest of your life? If so, you're in our secret club! :D

Yay, DisneyBoy and Dusty!

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:18 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
I didn't think you were doing that. But I know you so I know better. I'm asking you if you were aware that's how it was coming across to people like Red Ricky who aren't inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I don't really give much thought to how Ricky perceives me. Hopefully, people will read my posts and see what I have written, as opposed to whatever Ricky's seeing...

Quote:
And I personally wouldn't look too kindly upon you not getting a Hippolyta after campaigning for her so hard.

Uh oh...well brace yourself Fone: I always reserve the right to change my mind regarding purchases! People are always free to change their minds about what leisure items they buy. I never said I was buying a Mongul, and even if I did, and I ultimately changed my mind, I still think God would understand. Would JLU fans, though? Hmmm... 8) That seems to be the question du jour!

But defending myself is silly because the discussion is silly at this point, so I must. officially! resist! and stop feeding this convo.

Back to talking about the figures in this first set, which I am glad to see so many finally got after all these months of uncertainty! Glad ToyGuru and Mattel kept up their end of the bargain and didn't back down!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:26 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Fone Bone wrote:
You're the same Dusty from Toon Zone? Hi! Waves. Sweet!

You never knew that? :cry: (I even have the same type of CN avatar here, that I made for that site. and I always have the "D" at the end of my post's, :cry: ) lol. :wink:

D.

DisneyBoy wrote:
Quote:

I don't really give much thought to how Ricky perceives me. Hopefully, people will read my posts and see what I have written, as opposed to whatever Ricky's seeing...

Quote:
And I personally wouldn't look too kindly upon you not getting a Hippolyta after campaigning for her so hard.

Uh oh...well brace yourself Fone: I always reserve the right to change my mind regarding purchases! People are always free to change their minds about what leisure items they buy. I never said I was buying a Mongul, and even if I did, and I ultimately changed my mind, I still think God would understand. Would JLU fans, though? Hmmm... 8) That seems to be the question du jour!

But defending myself is silly because the discussion is silly at this point, so I must. officially! resist! and stop feeding this convo.

Back to talking about the figures in this first set, which I am glad to see so many finally got after all these months of uncertainty! Glad ToyGuru and Mattel kept up their end of the bargain and didn't back down!

Which is why I said to (I think RR) we should let it go as I have seen so many people complain about JLU and voice their opinions which is what you were doing. (Plus I have complained a whole bunch of times myself, I still do every now and then, lol) But complaining about other's complaining was really... eh not...needed.
But yeah, your right, I think we have derailed this thread far too much... lol.

D.

Last edited by Dusty on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:35 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Fone Bone wrote:
But do you swear to wear unwashed lederhosen every day for the rest of your life? If so, you're in our secret club! :D

Yay, DisneyBoy and Dusty!

Yes, yes I do... except I don't have any lederhosen. ;)

DisneyBoy wrote:

(waves to Fone and Dusty in the super secret Toonzone way!)

Yes!!! I knew there was a secret wave, ha ha... :wink:
*ahem, yes, so to get back back on topic, did everyone have their pack arrive yet? I got mine last Friday, I am just curious if others had the same luck. :)

D.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:14 pm 
Cold-cast

I've lurked on this forum for years & voted on the polls. I'm a huge JLU fan & had every figure until just recently I started selling off some of the rare ones.

Anyway I decided to sign up today, because.....

I received my Mongul 3 pack & I am very disappointed. I have nothing against Mattel, the price I paid, or the design of the figure. But Digital River is utterly ridiculous.

First of all I paid tax on my shipping. The invoice was totaled with the shipping included & then taxed. Which is BS. There was no handling charge, it was tax on the shipping.

Second as usual outrageous shipping prices which everyone complains about.

Third I over paid for shipping & these morons can't even make sure my Mongul gets to me in one piece? Like others have stated, It was so poorly packed that the card is all bent up.

I did in fact try to call about the tax situation & I was connected to someone in India. They had no idea why I was telling them that they are not supposed to tax on shipping. They just kept repeating that I should send them proof that I am tax exempt. I just wanted to totally cancel my order that was placed 2 minutes prior. They said they couldn't do that. I am almost positive Digital River is filled with idiots from the help desk all the way up to the COO of the company.

I really do love JLU & wish there could be more new figures made after this. But I actually am so glad that its over after these last packs. I collect nothing else from Mattel & I will never have to deal with Digital River again after December!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:45 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Dusty wrote:
[You never knew that? :cry: (I even have the same type of CN avatar here, that I made for that site. and I always have the "D" at the end of my post's, :cry: ) lol. :wink:

D.

It's been a LOOOOOONG time since I've been at Toon Zone. I either didn't know or have forgotten. Sorry about that.

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:44 am 
serves the Otter

Fone Bone wrote:
It's been a LOOOOOONG time since I've been at Toon Zone. I either didn't know or have forgotten. Sorry about that.

No no, it's okay, I get it... I'm a forgettable person... *sniff :cry: j/k ;) Actually it is kind of the same with me about TZ, I visit or post every now and then but not often, especially since JL and then BTBATB ended the site has been meh... Plus I dislike the new layout. ;)
Anyways... rant over, ;)

Clayface wrote:
I've lurked on this forum for years & voted on the polls. I'm a huge JLU fan & had every figure until just recently I started selling off some of the rare ones. 

I received my Mongul 3 pack & I am very disappointed. I have nothing against Mattel, the price I paid, or the design of the figure. But Digital River is utterly ridiculous. 

First of all I paid tax on my shipping. The invoice was totaled with the shipping included & then taxed. Which is BS. There was no handling charge, it was tax on the shipping. 

Third  I over paid for shipping & these morons can't even make sure my Mongul gets to me in one piece? Like others have stated, It was so poorly packed that the card is all bent up. 

I did in fact try to call about the tax situation & I was connected to someone in India. They had no idea why I was telling them that they are not supposed to tax on shipping. They just kept repeating that I should send them proof that I am tax exempt. I just wanted to totally cancel my order that was placed 2 minutes prior. They said they couldn't do that. I am almost positive Digital River is filled with idiots from the help desk all the way up to the COO of the company.

I really do love JLU & wish there could be more new figures made after this. But I actually am so glad that its over after these last packs. I collect nothing else from Mattel & I will never have to deal with Digital River again after December!

I feel the same except luckily I had my pack in good condition, same with all my other past orders. I really am sorry to you and all the other people who have had problems with DR, and Mattel, (That sucks.) But as for the Tax thing I am confused about this as well, we pay taxes for shipping now too? What's next... actually receiving the item costs 3.76?... Then we need to tip to postman, (well my old delivery guy was cool but the new one is allergic to human contact, waving, or even smiling, lol)

Bah I say... BAH!
Again though, sorry you have had another bad experience with them.
I too will miss JLU but also will be happy to not deal with Mattel a long time if I can help it (or myself) 

D.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:16 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Clayface wrote:

Third I over paid for shipping & these morons can't even make sure my Mongul gets to me in one piece? Like others have stated, It was so poorly packed that the card is all bent up.

Clayface, are you in NJ? We're getting taxed on Matty orders now as well. I called and managed to have the tax removed from the shipping cost, but not for the toy itself. It was a difference of about sixty cents. Unfortunately, one can even be taxed on the shipping cost here in NJ apparently.

And I am in total agreement on the lack of packaging support with these three packs. My Mongul wasn't beat up too badly. It had a minor crease on the top of the card. But it was in the box with nothing to protect it except for the paper invoice. No protection, basically. Really, who in their right mind ships anything without wrapping it in paper or using packing peanuts? If I spend nearly nine bucks for shipping, it had better be packed with care and shipped accordingly.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:10 am 
Cold-cast

Howard the Duck wrote:
Clayface, are you in NJ? We're getting taxed on Matty orders now as well. I called and managed to have the tax removed from the shipping cost, but not for the toy itself. It was a difference of about sixty cents. Unfortunately, one can even be taxed on the shipping cost here in NJ apparently.

And I am in total agreement on the lack of packaging support with these three packs. My Mongul wasn't beat up too badly. It had a minor crease on the top of the card. But it was in the box with nothing to protect it except for the paper invoice. No protection, basically. Really, who in their right mind ships anything without wrapping it in paper or using packing peanuts? If I spend nearly nine bucks for shipping, it had better be packed with care and shipped accordingly.

Correct I paid $8.70 for shipping plus the tax & they can't even throw something in the box to protect my figures that I just paid $30 for? I wasn't aware that they passed anything about charging tax now on internet sales. But I did see your post about this as I read the forum everyday. If they did it in NJ, maybe it's in OH also. So I decided to call also to get the tax removed from the shipping portion at least since you were successful at that. When I called, I tried to explain to them that I am being taxed on the shipping. I knew this by how much I was taxed. The girl on the phone in India just did not understand the percentages I was explaining & kept telling me to fill out an email if I'm tax exempt. I was so frustrated by that point, I told her to just cancel my order. She said she couldn't do that either, that I would have to return it when it arrived. And pay more shipping? Now I get my item & the package is damaged from sliding around in the box! Everything else I've ordered through the years was fine because it was either in a box like the 7 pack, or had one of those white protective boxes on it. You figure Digital river would have enough common sense to realize this wasn't like those other items & at least throw something in the box with the item to stop it from sliding around & getting damaged? Everything involving this company seems to always be nonsense. I think if someone is applying to work for digital river at any position, you have to be certified as being an idiot or you won't get the job.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:24 am 
Cold-cast

Dusty wrote:
I feel the same except luckily I had my pack in good condition, same with all my other past orders. I really am sorry to you and all the other people who have had problems with DR, and Mattel, (That sucks.) But as for the Tax thing I am confused about this as well, we pay taxes for shipping now too? What's next... actually receiving the item costs 3.76?... Then we need to tip to postman, (well my old delivery guy was cool but the new one is allergic to human contact, waving, or even smiling, lol)

Bah I say... BAH!
Again though, sorry you have had another bad experience with them.
I too will miss JLU but also will be happy to not deal with Mattel a long time if I can help it (or myself) 

D.

I guess they are starting to tax internet sales. Before it used to be only if you are buying in the same state that you were taxed. Well the govt has to get theirs on everything apparently so that's all changing. But they sure as hell aren't supposed to charge tax on shipping! That's all digital river right there.

Everything else that I've ordered always came in good condition. The 7 pack was in a box & everything else had those white protective boxes around it. You figure digital river would have enough common sense to realize this item doesn't, so they would throw some packing material in the box to stop it from sliding around during shipping? But of course they did not.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:24 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Clayface wrote:
I guess they are starting to tax internet sales. Before it used to be only if you are buying in the same state that you were taxed. Well the govt has to get theirs on everything apparently so that's all changing. But they sure as hell aren't supposed to charge tax on shipping! That's all digital river right there.

Everything else that I've ordered always came in good condition. The 7 pack was in a box & everything else had those white protective boxes around it. You figure digital river would have enough common sense to realize this item doesn't, so they would throw some packing material in the box to stop it from sliding around during shipping? But of course they did not.

I think that it si a problem (ive been getting taxed for almost a year)-- and a lot of companies have started charging tax on shipping- because some of them deem it handling as well-- so its seen as a service they provide and part of the product cost-- its getting very messy out there -- its bad as ebay making you pay final value fees as a seller on your shipping charges..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:25 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:

Yeah...as much as I hope to be able to buy more She-Ra items from the MOTUC line, I will be very happy once I no longer have to ever visit the Matty site again. Having had my own negative experiences, and reading other people's horror stories has just turned me off, big-time.

Hmm...I wonder...what kind of loss in traffic will that site experience once the JLU and MOTUC lines are over? Is Matty really selling anything else off the site as popular (or more so) than those two brands?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:00 am 
Cold-cast

stewbacca wrote:
I think that it si a problem (ive been getting taxed for almost a year)-- and a lot of companies have started charging tax on shipping- because some of them deem it handling as well-- so its seen as a service they provide and part of the product cost-- its getting very messy out there -- its bad as ebay making you pay final value fees as a seller on your shipping charges..

Stewbacca, let me first say that you are a stand up guy. You are the one that combined everyone's orders on the JLU sale items to get the deep discount & save on shipping, correct? That was obviously a lot of work & I commend you for that.

I wouldn't have as much of a problem if my invoice would have said handling. But if you like at your invoice, it states purchase price, shipping, the subtotal, & then tax is figured after that & totaled up. Isn't it illegal top tax just for shipping?

As for ebay, yes it's ridiculous that they fees come off of the shipping also. I had to up my shipping fees to compensate for the money that ebay is swindling me out of. But in their defense, in the past people would put up a small item buy it now for $5.00 shipping $75.00. Meaning they wanted roughly $70 for the item. But ebay didn't take a huge cut because the shipping was most of the profit for the seller. So due to a few people trying to beat the system, all us honest sellers have to pay for it. They should have just kicked the people off doing that.

DisneyBoy wrote:
Yeah...as much as I hope to be able to buy more She-Ra items from the MOTUC line, I will be very happy once I no longer have to ever visit the Matty site again. Having had my own negative experiences, and reading other people's horror stories has just turned me off, big-time.

Hmm...I wonder...what kind of loss in traffic will that site experience once the JLU and MOTUC lines are over? Is Matty really selling anything else off the site as popular (or more so) than those two brands?

Some of the other DC stuff sells pretty well also. Comic con exclusives always sell out on there. But I don't buy anything besides JLU. Always been a fan of the Timmverse toons ever since I seen the sneak preview trailer for Batman TAS at a comic con back in 91. I've bought all the Hasbro figures for BTAS & STAS, & I've been buying the JLU stuff since they came out. I've been pretty lucky or maybe diligent & stumbled onto most the hard to find figures actually in stores at the time they came out. But Mattel did drop the ball on the distribution of many figures. The only reason I acquired the Cheetah & old man Bruce 3 packs was because an online friend emailed me & said that he seen that at a Tuesday morning discount store. I never even heard of those stores until that time. But if he wouldn't have emailed me, I would have never found those figures. I never found the STAS Aquaman. I really would like to get him to complete my Superman animated collection. Yes, I will be so glad when this line is over & done with. It has just been frustrating throughout the years.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:10 pm 
5th Horseman

I just couldn't justify nearly $40 for one new figure. I'm going to be waiting out these last packs in the hope of getting all of them at once and combining shipping. Patience has served me well so far with JLU! Aside from those two 6 packs…I got screwed there.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:21 pm 
Brand Manager

DisneyBoy wrote:
Fone Bone wrote:

Uh oh...well brace yourself Fone: I always reserve the right to change my mind regarding purchases!

Fone, dude... did you just "Few-Good-Men" Disney Boy? :shock:
Guess that's the end of that discussion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next