Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Are you subscribing to the 2013 DC Club Infinite Earths?
Yes, and I've already signed up 44%  44%  [ 33 ]
Yes, but I haven't signed up yet 20%  20%  [ 15 ]
No, even though I signed up last year, I will not be renewing this year 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
No, I have never subscribed and won't this year 27%  27%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 75
 Post subject: 2013 DC Club Infinite Earths: In or Out?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:02 am 
shirtless hugger

Just curious to get a sense of where people around here are falling, given what we've been hearing from Mattel about the sub's performance so far.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

Post subject: Re: 2013 DC Club Infinite Earths: In or Out?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:22 am 
declined to be a vampire

Joe G. wrote:
Just curious to get a sense of where people around here are falling, given what we've been hearing from Mattel about the sub's performance so far.

There are some cool figures coming...I'd be lying if I didn't say that. But I've just lost touch with the action figure collecting thing some.

I'm also not thrilled about the slight price increase for what appears to be no reason, and the "well, get this much more and we'll get you new tooling in 2014" when there is no guarantee that we'll even have a sub in 2014.

Mattel hasn't convinced me over the last 2-3 years that I should continue to spend on them, especially with them charging more for what they are producing.

Of course I'm pretty hardset in my ways that none of these toys should be running us 18-20 bucks.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:25 am 
Aspires to be #1

I plan to sign up when my new address is locked in stone but I won't dare sign up before that. I don't want to deal with DR in any further capacity than I must to sign up. I also feel like I'm reaching an end on 6 in. figures though. I'm much more interested in JLU customs at this point anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:33 am 
declined to be a vampire

I just went and looked at the thermometer...wow...unless they just haven't updated it in a while, that looks really bad.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:42 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Especially with a lot of people supposedly being paid on Friday.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:14 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Not one shown release for next year I want--- so Mattel wont get any of my money..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:18 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I didn't sign up last year, missed the boat before I got into DCUC for myself. I wanted to sign up this year, I like the selection and all but I'm not dealing with Digital River. Too many horror stories and I just don't need that aggravation in my life.

So I'll just stick to buying from a 3rd party again this year.

I have no doubt this year will come to pass and who knows... if they replace DR with another processing company... that's better than DR I may just sign up next year.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:34 am 
shirtless hugger

Van, if I buy a sub for you, you can deal with me as your third party instead of an overseas seller sneaking figures out of a factory.

In fact, anyone who doesn't want to have to deal with Digital River, I'll put up with it for you for cost plus shipping.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:46 am 
We're going streaking!

I am planning to sign up. I haven't yet and I honestly don't know why. I guess there is still some hesitation on my part, not so much because of DR or the 2012 Sub -- both have been fine for me, even with a CC that expired mid-subscription due to a bank buyout -- but probably the character choices. I wasn't happy with Atrocitious, the character, and already two of Geoff John's Lanterns are in the 2013 sub. Will they be 2012's version of the Metal Men? That scares me. I feel like from what was shown, I will be taking a even greater leap of faith than I did with the 2012 Sub.

I guess I now know why I haven't signed up yet :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:49 am 
An Insider

Joe G. wrote:
Van, if I buy a sub for you, you can deal with me as your third party instead of an overseas seller sneaking figures out of a factory.

In fact, anyone who doesn't want to have to deal with Digital River, I'll put up with it for you for cost plus shipping.

You can't beat that offer! I'm a die hard DC fan. As long as the price stays reasonable (we are closing in on the edge of that) I'm down for every DC figure Mattel produces in the current scale and 4 Horsemen style. It sounds like prices aren't supposed to increase until after 2013 or 2014 so I will be good until then. Afterwards I will have to reevaluate. Although, honestly with as much trouble as Mattel seems to be having with moving DC product the line may not last that long.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:18 pm 
Resin

Joe G. wrote:

That is an OUTSTANDING offer and gesture! Here's to you, Joe! I hope people take you up on it. I really want this line to continue.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:23 pm 
declined to be a vampire

Joe G. wrote:

I can vouch for Van as well. I didn't sign up to do that initially, but he's basically taken everything this year from me for the sub (with the exception of the 1-2 that I wanted).

So he's good for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:33 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Bunger43 wrote:
I can vouch for Van as well. I didn't sign up to do that initially, but he's basically taken everything this year from me for the sub (with the exception of the 1-2 that I wanted).

So he's good for it.

Thanks man! I appreciate that!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:55 pm 
my tummy itches

Location: Kegworth, just around the corner from Gotham, England
I'm in, but then I was always going to be.

I've had some DR issues, but thanks to the donster I managed to get hold of the figure I missed and my sub seems to be working fine.

My current card expires in 2014 and, barring Barclays being taken down by the LIBOR scandal or me getting my identity stolen, the issues I've had this year shouldn't happen for the 2013 sub at all.

Jo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:19 pm 
Damage Control

The 2013 Sub line-up does not impress me. I'm Out.

Which female figures are coming in 2013?

I think that since the 2012 Sub barely happened, Matty has no money to make unique sculpts for figures. That eliminates a bunch of DC Characters that would have been cool to have in the Sub.

I'm not a MOTU or Watchmen collector so I have no interest in those Subs. If all 3 Subs fail this year, then Matty can just focus on DC Unlimited. Maybe they will continue to offer an occasional Comic-con online exclusive if the sub fails.

Hey Matty, what I really want is 4" scale DC action figures. Keep the Four Horseman sculpts and just shrink them down.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next