Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Need help re: DC sub/getting Metron/Matty ripping me of
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:09 am 
An Insider

So I called DRI this morning, but the corporate office is closed, so I had to deal with the usual customer service. I spoke to one individual that was not terribly helpful at all, and another that was a little less irritating. Long story short, my case has been referred to the escalation department, and I should hear from them in about 5 days. They said that they could not give me a refund for the $30 membership fee, per the membership agreement which I understand, but they would look into being able to ship me the Metron figure. She could not guarantee it, however, as it was part of the 'June Shipment' and could not ship anything out. They were really adamant about getting me to reinstate my subscription, but that's definitely not going to happen. I'd sooner take the $30 hit than have to deal with this bullcrap again.
Fingers crossed!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:05 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

zaxilla2 wrote:
Long story short, my case has been referred to the escalation department, and I should hear from them in about 5 days

I've had four cases sent to the "escalation department" and each time I was told I would hear something in about 5 days. I've never been contacted and I still don't have my Jay Garrick figure.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:20 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Ayup... I'll stick with ebay... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:25 pm 
An Insider

I emailed matty/dri's outstanding customer service department yesterday to see if they had forgotten my case, they responded, and today I had a shipping charge for Metron! (it amuses me how every single item costs them the same to ship) So, hopefully I will be receiving the figure soon, and this debacle will be over!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:13 pm 
5th Horseman

And Scott wonders why the subscriptions are dramatically less this year. Someone forward him this thread. We have ALL had an issue like this. Mine was named Man-E-Faces/Megator.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:23 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

AnimateTed wrote:
And Scott wonders why the subscriptions are dramatically less this year. Someone forward him this thread. We have ALL had an issue like this. Mine was named Man-E-Faces/Megator.

Yeah. The thing is Ted when you read through this thread it goes to show that even with a subscription you are still not guaranteed you'll get all your figures. Takes some of the meaning out of the whole thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:38 pm 
5th Horseman

I know. I know. I've been a loud champion for subscriptions in the past. And it's issues like this that just make me hang my head. It's hard for me to justify them to other people when issues like this kill the line. :-\ I guess I just want my damn toys too bad. So I keep signing up. :-(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:12 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Zax, I'm really sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. I hope you get Metron after all this hassle.

I've dealt with Digital River a couple of times, but they have always been very professional and helpful.

I wouldn't bother with e-mail anymore at this point. Your complaint should be settled over the phone, but remember that you attract more flies with honey than with vinegar.

If I ever call a company with a complaint, I always start the conversation with something inane like, "How's the weather there?" You'd be surprised at how something like that will put the person on the other end of the phone at ease. The conversation goes so much better, and I usually end up getting what I want.

Good luck! :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:40 pm 
An Insider

So, I finally got the Metron figure today. I have to commend DRi for coming through here. It was a pain in the ass, but they did me right. That said, I will miss the other figures that I wanted: Starman, Black Mask, Poison Ivy, etc. Hopefully I will be able to get them day of sale or on eBay. It will definitely be worth it not to have to deal with this again. I also will not be getting the sub next year for the same reasons. It's really too bad, since I like the figures, and despite what I thought before they were in hand, I really like the direction Mattel decided to take with the packaging.

Now, I just need to figure out where to put this massive thing, since my New Gods shelf is already jammed!

Thanks to everyone here for all of the support and tips!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:54 am 
We're going streaking!

That's great, zaxilla2! I am glad you were able to get Metron; that is a great piece.

I was checking eBay prices for DCIE stuff late last week and they don't seem to be going for a lot right now. It might be a good time to grab the only one you missed from your list: Starman.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:14 pm 
An Insider

TRDouble wrote:
That's great, zaxilla2! I am glad you were able to get Metron; that is a great piece.

I was checking eBay prices for DCIE stuff late last week and they don't seem to be going for a lot right now. It might be a good time to grab the only one you missed from your list: Starman.

I've been looking at this. I could get Starman from an overseas seller for about $20 shipped, but he doesn't come with the LoSH head. I'll have to look at the boxed figures. thanks for the heads up!