Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU 8/15/12 the Second of the 6 LAST 3-packs. ST/AQUA/MI
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:04 pm 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Mongul listed as sold out, but a few weeks from now, the Aquagirl/Static/Micron will be here. :wink:
This one should go a lot faster, don't you think? :mrgreen:

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:17 am 
Tis' but a pup

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
Mongul listed as sold out, but a few weeks from now, the Aquagirl/Static/Micron will be here. :wink:
This one should go a lot faster, don't you think? :mrgreen:

I was just thinking about that when I saw that it was sold out. Maybe as the packs are released they will sell out faster and faster. How fast do u think that Toyman will sell out?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:33 am 
picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Toyman?
3hrs. :shock: :wink:

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:45 pm 
Resin

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
Toyman?
3hrs. :shock: :wink:

How long did it take Lobo to sell out? The Toyman pack will sell out in less time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:16 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Clayface wrote:
How long did it take Lobo to sell out? The Toyman pack will sell out in less time.

If it does it will only be because the production runs were much lower and possibly because the first packs (like Mongul and Static) already became scalper bait by December. I don't expect any new JLU offering to be as successful as Lobo which is kind of a bummer.

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:39 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Lobo took 45 minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:05 pm 
ABS

I think this static and aqua girl/micron pack will sell pretty well, amount Batman Beyond fans, and around all JLU fans because it's 3 brand new figures, just like the toy man pack.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 am 
Resin

Fone Bone wrote:
Clayface wrote:

If it does it will only be because the production runs were much lower and possibly because the first packs (like Mongul and Static) already became scalper bait by December. I don't expect any new JLU offering to be as successful as Lobo which is kind of a bummer.

It's not kind of a bummer. Because even if they all sold out in record time I highly doubt Mattel would make any more JLU toys. At least not under the JLU name. I still have my suspicions that this is not the end of the animated Timmverse style characters.

I still unfortunately feel the Toyman pack will sell out in record time, though. I've seen members on this board complain for a year & 1/2 specifically about not getting the Toyman figure. Throw Dr Destiny & Firefly into the mix, which were 2 other demanded figures. Plus he is a completely new sculpt, not some half @$$ repaint like Bane, Harley, Saturn girl, Shazam, etc.... I really think I may miss out on these figures as I never know what time they specifically go on sale. I usually just randomly go online the day of the sale & order. The case with this pack, I think that I will have to be there on time or I am going to miss out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:35 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Clayface wrote:
I really think I may miss out on these figures as I never know what time they specifically go on sale.

Noon eastern time or 9 am pacific on the 15th of each month (or the first non-weekend/non-holiday day after that). Been the same time of day since the site opened.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:01 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

j1h15233 wrote:
Lobo took 45 minutes.

The 45 minutes time pops up every so often, but based on the thread fo the date he went on sale, it was closer to 4 hours.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18678&hilit=LObo&start=60

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:49 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

It was 5 hours not that it really is that different from 4 hours. I honestly would not be surprised if the Toyman pack beats that though.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:46 am 
serves the Otter

majorjoe23 wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
Lobo took 45 minutes.

The 45 minutes time pops up every so often, but based on the thread fo the date he went on sale, it was closer to 4 hours.

Yeah, it was a little over 4 hours. I specifically recall commenting on that during the day of sale. It definitely wasn't 45 minutes. That would have been amazing if true and probably would have resulted in more exclusive figures than what we ultimately got. :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:23 pm 
Resin

shabbyblue wrote:
majorjoe23 wrote:

Yeah, it was a little over 4 hours. I specifically recall commenting on that during the day of sale. It definitely wasn't 45 minutes. That would have been amazing if true and probably would have resulted in more exclusive figures than what we ultimately got. :(

All I know is that I missed him completely. I had to purchase Lobo on ebay. I waited awhile until there were a lot of them up there & got one for a few dollars less than I would have paid through Matty. So I guess it worked out, but I had to be patient.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:30 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
I still unfortunately feel the Toyman pack will sell out in record time, though. I've seen members on this board complain for a year & 1/2 specifically about not getting the Toyman figure. Throw Dr Destiny & Firefly into the mix, which were 2 other demanded figures. Plus he is a completely new sculpt, not some half @$$ repaint like Bane, Harley, Saturn girl, Shazam, etc.... I really think I may miss out on these figures as I never know what time they specifically go on sale. I usually just randomly go online the day of the sale & order. The case with this pack, I think that I will have to be there on time or I am going to miss out.

I also think it'll do really well, and that's probably why they're leaving it for last. Maybe it's strategic...so ToyGuru can go to the higher-ups and say "Look how well the last JLU pack sold!" He has said he's a big JLU fan, so maybe this was an intentional Big Finish.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:21 pm 
serves the Otter

DisneyBoy wrote:
I also think it'll do really well, and that's probably why they're leaving it for last. Maybe it's strategic...so ToyGuru can go to the higher-ups and say "Look how well the last JLU pack sold!" He has said he's a big JLU fan, so maybe this was an intentional Big Finish.

If they could just come up with enough budget to produce 1 or 2 new figures a year from here on, it would be better than nothing. They've always said their convention exclusive budget is separate from the retail or online budgets, so you'd think they'd devote some of that to producing another highly-demanded JLU figure. It's certainly better than some of the questionable items offered at SDCC this year.

If anything, at least offer a single carded Volcana as a 2013 SDCC exclusive to give us a bit more closure with our collections. There's way too many JLU collectors that never got her. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next