Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:35 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:10 pm
Posts: 50
Quote:
All great points guys! Mattel clearly put a lot of time and energy into the Mattycollector website, and I just don't want to see it fail.


They did?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:16 pm 
serves the Otter
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:15 pm
Posts: 1971
Location: Earth
joeace wrote:
Then before Matty spends time creating a prototype and getting the figure approval from DC, they should post a character poll on their website. This way they will be able to tell if a character is popular enough to sell through their website.


Agreed. They really should have done that this year or last year in preparation for the 2013 subscription. Just run a poll to guage the most wanted figures, and then devote most or all of the subscription to the top 12 vote-getters. They'd probably garner a lot more subscription sign-ups that way than by assuming they know what the fans want most. Sure, they guessed a few correct ones such as Wally West, but there are still some questionable choices in the 2013 lineup they've revealed that appeal to few. I think many of us are sick of the modern lantern corps characters, for example. Keep that crap in the main retail line instead of the sub.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:47 pm 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 1593
shabbyblue wrote:
joeace wrote:
Then before Matty spends time creating a prototype and getting the figure approval from DC, they should post a character poll on their website. This way they will be able to tell if a character is popular enough to sell through their website.


Agreed. They really should have done that this year or last year in preparation for the 2013 subscription. Just run a poll to guage the most wanted figures, and then devote most or all of the subscription to the top 12 vote-getters. They'd probably garner a lot more subscription sign-ups that way than by assuming they know what the fans want most. Sure, they guessed a few correct ones such as Wally West, but there are still some questionable choices in the 2013 lineup they've revealed that appeal to few. I think many of us are sick of the modern lantern corps characters, for example. Keep that crap in the main retail line instead of the sub.

Whether they're doing pre-orders or subs, I would agree that a a fan's choice poll should be implemented.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:48 pm 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 1593
FAN-DOR wrote:
Quote:
All great points guys! Mattel clearly put a lot of time and energy into the Mattycollector website, and I just don't want to see it fail.


They did?

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:17 pm 
User avatar
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1235
TRDouble wrote:
jzachery wrote:
Personally, I feel stupid for getting sucked into MOTUC after JLU...

But why? I think Mattel has given collectors a nice, extensive collection of JLU, DCUC and MOTUC. Are they all "complete?" No, and as a DCUC collector, it can be frustrating to have incomplete teams. But taking in what we have received in the line, I have no regrets buying into DCUC or JLU (I don't collect MOTUC).


Let me chime in to carry TR's thought through to MOTUC. I have my MOTUCs over here about 15ft behind me and it's an awesome toyline. Do I have Rio Blast yet? No. Is my most-wanted Horde Mummy figure still a possibility in this abysmal "we'll only make vintage figures, honest" crap they're having to do to keep people interested. Prolly not. Does that really suck? Absolutely.

But what is over there behind me is are shelves holding roughly 100 MOTUC figures, nearly five year's worth, that I really enjoy. Yes, there's some bad paint here or there, three or four have reversed parts or a crack in their clear plastic, but for the most part it's been a fantastic line.

As collectors we get so keyed in on acquiring that we get laser focus on what we don't have and we overlook what's right here. Which is a shame because that's lot of frustration with very little time to bask in what we've built. It's not healthy.

If I look at what I have - what we're still getting to - for JLU/DCUC/MOTUC, I'm happy to have been so lucky (as a C.O.P.S., M.A.S.K. or Captain Power fan, I'm still waiting...). Sure, I have a million complaints, a million wants, and I could talk Toy Guru's ear off with my armchair misunderstandings well int the night, but I do think I picked the right lines to collect. Hopefully, there's some miles in the tank for the subs or some other method of sale (but not pre-orders!), but, if not, damn it's been a fun ride.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:30 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:16 pm
Posts: 2
Why fix something that isn't broken, try fixing things that are - fix the Shipping and Handling done by Digital River, fix the QC people so we don't get backward shoulder joints inaccurate painting or anything like that.

Also make it a gradual step up over the years to 30.00 dollars a figure, lower the Shipping as well so the fans don't feel screwed. Offer actual figures people want so they will Sub and be happy with their sub, not mystery figures that no one wants, apart from the die hards.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:28 pm 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am
Posts: 1593
Well they finally updated the thermometer...

Image

A little bit more than I expected but ehh... it's not looking good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:30 pm 
User avatar
We're going streaking!
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3695
Location: Western New York
Woo hoo! I helped move the thermometer! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:51 pm 
serves the Otter
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:15 pm
Posts: 1971
Location: Earth
So much for the claim that "We'll only update with every 5% increase". This is actually a 10% increase from the previous thermometer. It was at 30% last week and is now at exactly 40%.

I predict it'll probably end at around 50%, which is sadly not enough to get the DC sub going. I still don't believe their target this year is the same minimum number of subs sold last year. There's no way THAT many people opted out of year two.


Last edited by shabbyblue on Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:53 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3307
Location: San Diego, CA
MOTUC is up to 64%

_________________
JLU Forever! And is MOTUC EVER getting around to Ram Man?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:53 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 104
The DCU Subscription figures for 2013 hold no interest to me. Why no Batman related figures like The Ventriloquist & Scarface? Ra's Al Ghul? Talia? Talon?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:56 pm 
serves the Otter
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:15 pm
Posts: 1971
Location: Earth
rono wrote:
The DCU Subscription figures for 2013 hold no interest to me. Why no Batman related figures like The Ventriloquist & Scarface? Ra's Al Ghul? Talia? Talon?


Because they should go in the Batman Unlimited retail line instead. It would be a wasted slot to put one of those in the subscription when that slot should be used for more unique obscure characters.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:41 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 104
shabbyblue wrote:
rono wrote:
The DCU Subscription figures for 2013 hold no interest to me. Why no Batman related figures like The Ventriloquist & Scarface? Ra's Al Ghul? Talia? Talon?


Because they should go in the Batman Unlimited retail line instead. It would be a wasted slot to put one of those in the subscription when that slot should be used for more unique obscure characters.


Then I'll have to pass. Enjoy. :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:34 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10581
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
A bit off-topic, but can anyone tell me what that green (glow-in-the-dark possibly?) and black figure is standing next the Granamyr in this video?...

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main ... ons-update


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:40 am 
User avatar
categorically opposed
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2721
Location: Pittsburgh
greenarrow1 wrote:
Also make it a gradual step up over the years to 30.00 dollars a figure, lower the Shipping as well so the fans don't feel screwed. Offer actual figures people want so they will Sub and be happy with their sub, not mystery figures that no one wants, apart from the die hards.

I agree with the "gradual" increase, though I'm sure that'd still turn people off, but they can't lower the shipping costs. That's something separate from the figure itself. Stamps go up in price every few months, so shipping costs are going up, as well. If they lower the shipping cost to "offset" the increased price, they'd have to eat the shipping cost themselves - and that would probably lead to an even bigger "gradual" increase as they'd pass that along to the consumer.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CJF28, Google Adsense [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.049s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]