Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matty 2013 Subscriptions Update 7/12
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:54 am 
active in the community

the line doesn't deserve to continue. even though i've bought a sub, i am now hoping it doesn't go through. minimates forever!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:50 am 
5" Scale

callsign_morlock wrote:
the line doesn't deserve to continue. even though i've bought a sub, i am now hoping it doesn't go through. minimates forever!

Yeah, because DC Minimates are in our future :roll: I loved that line and once DST bought out Art Asylum either DST or DC Direct cancelled the line. It was one of the few reasons I got into Mates. So I'm not sure where you are going with this?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:23 pm 
my tummy itches

Location: Kegworth, just around the corner from Gotham, England
I know we're wandering off topic here, but I would love a return of the DC minimates.

I have the whole DC Direct line, plus a few others like John Stewart, a Martian Manhunter with no Martian head and a couple of the flyers.

They're not on display at the moment as they make me a little sad to see how incomplete the line was :(

On topic, I've stumped up my cash, I'm hoping some form of small miracle will happen.

Jo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:54 am 
active in the community

The_Donster wrote:
callsign_morlock wrote:

Yeah, because DC Minimates are in our future :roll: I loved that line and once DST bought out Art Asylum either DST or DC Direct cancelled the line. It was one of the few reasons I got into Mates. So I'm not sure where you are going with this?

i just meant it's the line i love bestest and on which i'll happily spend my money. no drama, no recriminations, no sub. i'd also rather have no more DC mates definitively than a mismanaged license and endless rounds of maybe/maybe not.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:40 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Okay, I did my part today.

Two DCUC subs (one for me and my buddy to save on shipping).

And for the first time, a MOTUC sub. It looks like this year will be the final year for the sub (if it even gets off the ground this year), and the day of supply will be almost non-existent. It'll be nice not to have to deal with Matty on a monthly basis anymore.

IF any of the subs actually go through. :?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:48 pm 
serves the Otter

Shellhead wrote:
IF any of the subs actually go through. :?

Toyguru has implied on the Matty boards that the Watchmen sub is most likely going through. He said the sign-ups for it are doing very well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:08 am 
We're going streaking!

Mattel has thrown in all of these incentives to get people to buy into the subs -- early access to non-sub items and then the big one, early access to SDCC items. So, what if a sub does not meet its' minimum goal, then it gets canceled? Do those people lose the early access incentive? Maybe this has been address already. If not, then it needs to be because this is a big deal since they are saying that there might not be any product for 'Day Of' sales and if there are, it will be bare a minimum. And of course, the early access to SDCC was an incentive to some, even though it was the non-Matty stuff that sold out first.

When the Ghostbusters sub was canceled last year, they promised a special Thank You gift to those that signed up and it will turn out to be the GITD Slimer. If any of these subs get canceled, a nice 'Thank You' would be to still give early access to those that signed up and paid for the canceled sub.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:25 am 
5" Scale

Not to further detract the thread, but I too would love to see DC Minimates too. So I re-up'd for the DC Sub finally. Wish I could sign up for the MOTUC, but I just can't swing it. Did anyone buy a extra one? Otherwise I might have to look into getting this on eBay when King He-Man is released. BTW, does anyone know if we'll have early access to that line? I know we can't get the sub exclusives, but I'd love to be able to get some of the figures in that line.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:36 am 
Loose, Missing Package

The_Donster wrote:
BTW, does anyone know if we'll have early access to that line? I know we can't get the sub exclusives, but I'd love to be able to get some of the figures in that line.

Nope. Early access is only for non-sub items like the hover board, pke meter, weapons paks, stands...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:59 pm 
5" Scale

WOW, so what's the point of that? It isn't much of a incentive for those who don't collect that stuff? I was kind of hoping it meant we got early crack at the stuff that would be on sale on the 15th sales. Oh well, more money saved I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:18 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

So, essentially early access to stuff that they're having difficulty getting rid of, and most of us don't want. Awesome!! *bangs head against wall*

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:55 pm 
serves the Otter

New images, originally from Matty's Facebook page:
http://cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Ma ... 147371.asp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:30 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

alcinde4 wrote:
So, essentially early access to stuff that they're having difficulty getting rid of, and most of us don't want. Awesome!! *bangs head against wall*

Okay... so I didn't make that sound very special, did I?... Say next year Mattel really decides to take a chance and offer a DCUC Batmobile (no inside knowledge, just using this for a more exciting example), early access would let subscribers to place orders for two or three days before the normal monthly sale date. If the theoretical Batmobile sold out during the early access period, tough luck for the day-of buyers. Early access will also let sub holders buy SDCC items a couple of days early, as well. Basically, anything that Matty is going to offer that isn't part of a sub program will be available early to all sub holders. Theoretically, say the MOTUC sub doesn't go through, then whatever MOTUC items are offered next year should be available for early access.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:39 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

It's still all hypothetical. What if they don't really release anything note worthy? I don't think it was your lack of making it sound exciting Jim... it's just not... exciting. It's selling a "What If" really. A hope that you get the inside first chance for something good... IF they make something good.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:22 am 
5" Scale

Van Statten wrote:
It's still all hypothetical. What if they don't really release anything note worthy? I don't think it was your lack of making it sound exciting Jim... it's just not... exciting. It's selling a "What If" really. A hope that you get the inside first chance for something good... IF they make something good.

This pretty much sums it up for me. Instead of a leap of faith(I forget, how many times is this again?), it is turning into more of a "fool me once, twice" scenario now. I love your optimism and I've re-upped. Now it is in Matty's hands on whether this will pay off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next